Is there a new book already out? (aka i'm baaack)

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Is there a new book already out? (aka i'm baaack)

Postby alabaster on October 7th, 2010, 2:34 am

Well when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade, and unfortunately some of the lemon spat in my eye! No not really, But I did fall off the internet for awhile, and when I finally found my way back, I'd forgotten all the loveliness that is this forum!

I can't wait until the next book, I'm aching to see what happens next, which character finds a mate, and which are thrown into ungodly peril! (Also can't wait to laugh out loud.)

I hope maybe someone remembers me, and that I can start partaking in the fun and games again :D (hope i don't get slammed for posting on this part of the board, just wanted to know what was up in argeneau land and How everyone is now-a-days.
alabaster

Re: Is there a new book already out? (aka i'm baaack)

Postby wren on October 7th, 2010, 4:13 am

Welcome home, alabaster...and yes, we do remember you! Sometimes forum Immortals have to come & go for different reasons, but we're glad you have returned. Image

Right now, Eshe & Armand's book, Born To Bite, is the latest release. It wraps up the questions about Armand's wives, Nicholas' life and first wife's death, and a few other things we have wondered about for a long time...as well as opening a few possibilities for the future, but we haven't exactly figured out Lynsay's clues yet in our discussion. Bwahahahaha...that is all part of the fun! *giggle* Enjoy it...the book is fantastic...then jump into the BTB spoilers thread to discuss your theories with us! 8-)

Alex Willan & Cale (Argeneau) Valens book, Hungry For You, releases on November 30...so we don't have too long to wait. It will be one of the lighter books. :) Remember, from the family tree, Cale is the youngest living son (although he was born B.C.) from Martine's first life mate...his father was Darius Sr., so he is Decker's older brother. Alex is Sam & Jo's sister, so all three are finding their Immortal life mates...something we all hoped for, but we weren't sure it would happen. Looking forward to learning more about Martine's part of the family, too. If you would like to read the first two chapters, Lynsay gave us an extra tease excerpt...sometimes she will play her version of the "Who said game" and if we can guess the answers to her questions, she will post an "extra" just on the forum. I keep telling those people on her facebook page that we get the news and other stuff first, but do they listen? I think not! since you can only become an official Immortal by being on the official forum, it appears they don't have our enhanced hearing skills! :lol:

Next will be The Reluctant Vampire, and we will return to Port Henry and a great deal of drama...though Victor & Eshe are on honeymoon & won't appear in this book. A lovely Spanish cousin who is an enforcer, Drina Argenis (the Spanish version of Argeneau) is a lovely Spanish cousin who is an also an enforcer is introduced, and we return to Harper, our featured hero, who is still residing in Port Henry although his life mate Jenny didn't survive the turn. We'll be seeing more of Mirabeau & Tiny, Stephanie will be up to all kinds of mischief, and hopefully we will see D.J., Mabel, & Teddy. I don't know who else in the town of Port Henry will be making an appearance, or if we will see any signs of the vicious Leonius 2 & the mysterious Basha.

Lynsay has finished Christian Notte's book, and it is currently in the editing process. I don't think she has given us the title yet...many times the title is decided by the editor/publisher. It takes place in St. Lucia (the research was done what seems like eons ago when Lynsay & her sisters traveled on a "working vacation") and his life mate's name is Carolyn, but called Caro by her friends. There are a few posts here & there that give you a little more info. Lynsay is very happy with the way this book worked out, and is trying to keep the editor from having to cut too much to make it fit publishing guidelines. Some of it is crucial to both Christian & Caro's story, and to the overall plotting of the series.

Lynsay is currently working on a Christmas anthology that will come out next year, and Teddy from Port Henry is the featured character in the novella...but I don't know who his life mate will be or if we have even met her. Opinions were divided on whether Teddy should become Immortal, but now I'm hopeful that is what is happening...I think Elvi & Mabel will always need him. Also, since he is the "law" in Port Henry, he would make a great enforcer, which would free up Victor or D.J. for appearances when they are needed elsewhere. We don't know the title or other authors. Many of the Sands gang as Pamela Palmer calls us became fans of her Feral Warriors series after her story was published in Lynsay's Valentine anthology, Bitten By Cupid, which featured our lovable Tiny & the fabulous Mirabeau. I don't think Lynsay is always told who they are inviting to write for an anthology. Lynsay is the lead author, but she didn't know Pamela or the other author for BBC and had not had the opportunity to read their stories before it was published. Another area where the author doesn't get a lot of say, and yet I know anthologies help publishers introduce newer authors by including them in a bestselling author's anthology. Still, I would love to see a Christmas story by Pamela with Lynsay...but maybe she will be in a different anthology this year...and as long as I get Teddy's story, that's what is important & I'm happy! :D

Lynsay is currently working out the contract offer for 4 more books in the series (which would bring it to 20 books total) and hopefully we will have many more after that...so many characters, so little time. In addition, her new Regency series (so far a trilogy, but we can always hope for more) is released early next year, and there may be a return to the Scottish historicals which were immensely popular if you enjoy the hysterical historical novels...many of us wanted to see a spin-off of some characters. Avon bought the rights to Lynsay's previous historical novels published by Dorchester, so many of her historical readers are hoping she will eventually have time to return to a several of those books that had characters waiting in historical oblivion for their stories to be told...while Dorchester still held the rights, she couldn't write them due to contract conflicts. Now that Avon owns them, they are once again being printed...even if you don't normally read historical romance, give Lynsay's a try...they are just as funny as her paranormal series, and many who don't read historicals enjoy Lynsay's books. Always is one of the funniest books that I have ever read in any genre!

Lynsay posted a "Publishing Schedule for next two years" on the General Discussion section, which says most of this in a shorter post! :lol: Check under "Hungry For You excerpt" in Argeneau Discuss The Series for the two chapters...the second chapter is the forum bonus! :D

We have new games on the games & fun stuff section & lots of new discussion on all sections! Jump in & have some fun with us again...the games often help us remember details in the books, too! :)

Just a note...BBC (Tiny & Mirabeau's story) takes place chronologically after BTB (Armand & Eshe)...so when you are reading the book, you will know that BTB takes place immediately where The Renegade Hunter(REN - Nicholas & Jo's book) ends...so many books, so many wonderful rereads! See ya all over the forum! ;)

♥ wren...chatty as ever!
wren

Postby alabaster on October 7th, 2010, 4:43 am

Aww thanks for the rewelcome Wren! I've missed you guys a lot, i've been reading up on some of the old posts and coming up with ideas and such. I love this site, because it's one site that you can feel you have some say in the books. Not the plot, nor the character development, but you definitely feel that you are welcome in the world of the Argeneau's.

I still find Lucian and Lucern are my favorites, but each book that gets eeked out for the 300 or so pages and then they return to the forefront. I loved Stephanie's 'special' attribute, and I loved the whole Tiny story :D.

On a side note, I've read the Twilight books... *twitch* They were fun reads I suppose, but I had issues with lots of things, that's one thing I don't have to worry about in Lynsay's books. The "issues" i had with the other series are never ever replicated in anything I've read by Lynsay, She actually has turned my best friend from a strict "no romance" to a "Well, I'll read her."

However the same friend fell in love with Edward, and I've not seen hide nor hair of her since ( i think she's turned sparkly and frolicks in the sunlight...) bleh.

Sorry, i didn't mean for this to turn into a twilight bash, because as I said I read them they were fun romps. However, Lynsay's books are more than just romps, they are great reads and re reads and re re re reads. You get my drift. :D
alabaster

Postby Lynsay on October 7th, 2010, 1:48 pm

Well heck, thank you Wren. I think you about covered absolutely everything. Sweetie, you have an amazing memory! I wouldn't have remembered all that myself.

Welcome back alabaster, glad you handled those lemons. I'm great at lemonade making. Just squeeze the crap out of 'em and add lots of sugar and water and it's all good. Well, unless you're the lemon being squeezed I suppose. <Grin>

Lynsay, whose supposed to be writing an essay...AN ESSAY I SAY! I haven't had to do that since school. And what the heck am I supposed to write? HUH? It's for something to do with Hungry For you....sigh. I suck.
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby alabaster on October 8th, 2010, 2:11 am

Wow, an essay? It's been... a long time for me as well. Hope it goes well, Lynsay. I'm sure you'l have it in no time!
alabaster

Postby sherr on October 8th, 2010, 3:29 am

Lynsay....I always had a tough time with essays but I would focus in on one specific thing like discovering lifemates....then I may talk about each sister found there lifemate and emphasize the importance of lifemates and way it was important for each of the sisters to find a lifemate.....therefore leading back to the new book and way it is important for the main characters...without giving away the book but eluding to the world you have created....in other words be wordy. I know you can do that......Some advise from the person who wrote many boring History papers
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby Lynsay on October 8th, 2010, 10:23 am

LOL Sherr, that's kinda what I did actually. Maybe you should be a writer. <grin> I started out saying lots of things from my real life end up in books and then for instanced cottage country with my sisters and so on. LOL. Got it done. Think it sucks, but that's me for you. At least it's done. It wasn't nearly as much fun as playing with the Argeneau and Notte boys though. Sigh.

Ah well
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sherr on October 8th, 2010, 11:15 am

Funny when you say that....about being a writer.....when I was younger....much younger i had a very interesting early adulthood and several people told me to make it into a book....however it would hurt to many peoples feelings. But if I was creative like you I would do it....I tend to dance around the target and never hit the bullseye. lol i think i will save the writing to people with talent....I'll just do the reading and dreaming.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby rockie on October 8th, 2010, 11:21 am

Lynsay wrote: Lynsay, whose supposed to be writing an essay...AN ESSAY I SAY! I haven't had to do that since school. And what the heck am I supposed to write? HUH? It's for something to do with Hungry For you....sigh. I suck.

Lysnay,
Let me read Hungry For You and I will write the essay for you! :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

I have to write one here anyway!! lol!!!

rockie
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby wren on October 9th, 2010, 1:15 am

Lynsay wrote:Well heck, thank you Wren. I think you about covered absolutely everything. Sweetie, you have an amazing memory! I wouldn't have remembered all that myself.

Welcome back alabaster, glad you handled those lemons. I'm great at lemonade making. Just squeeze the crap out of 'em and add lots of sugar and water and it's all good. Well, unless you're the lemon being squeezed I suppose. <Grin>

Lynsay, whose supposed to be writing an essay...AN ESSAY I SAY! I haven't had to do that since school. And what the heck am I supposed to write? HUH? It's for something to do with Hungry For you....sigh. I suck.

Thanks again, Lynsay! :)

I totally agree that is the very best way to make Lemonade!! The trick is to not be the "squeezed lemon" anymore in life...at least in love & all that! Well, except when the squeezing is because of love & all that...which isn't really about lemons, is it? Image Image (I hope that made sense to someone besides me. I know I talk in circles...Image)

Lynsay wrote:LOL Sherr, that's kinda what I did actually. Maybe you should be a writer. <grin> I started out saying lots of things from my real life end up in books and then for instanced cottage country with my sisters and so on. LOL. Got it done. Think it sucks, but that's me for you. At least it's done. It wasn't nearly as much fun as playing with the Argeneau and Notte boys though. Sigh.

Ah well
Lynsay

Did someone say essay?! *grin* Why didn't you turn it over to your resident essay-writer? ;) :lol: Since legally you couldn't do that, I'm sure it is wonderful! You are too hard on yourself, though like you, I'm totally surprised that you had to write an essay at all!

sherr, I'm often told I should write a book...but I prefer being the reader & the dreamer, too! Image

Besides, if I was researching & writing books, I wouldn't have time to remember important Argeneau stuff to post & play on Lynsay's forum!! Just ask Lynsay how often she gets to actually "read a book" & how careful she is about reading other romance so as not to accidentally get plot ideas mixed up in her head.
wren

Return to Discuss the Series