***Hungry For You Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ***Hungry For You Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Postby susan60625 on December 7th, 2010, 7:37 pm

Yes, I realize that, but if you look at all those marriages, it doesn't present a real positive statement for their immortality when so many of the marriages end due to the death of one of them. Then, again, life itself was harder then. So, maybe it isn't so strange that so many of them passed away.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on December 7th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Denise wrote:But Sue, the only lifemate marriages that aren't intact are because a spouse died, not because of separation or divorce. So I guess you could say that those marriages did last a lifetime, sort of. ;)

I agree, Denise. Only death separated any true life mates marriages, so as Etienne tells Inez in VAF when she has to decide if she loves Thomas & wants to be turned, "Vampires Are Forever" :D Only "marriage of convenience" such as Armand's marriage to Rosamund would have led to a separation & possible divorce if she found a true life mate...something they had agreed upon in the beginning.
wren

Postby Rawr on December 9th, 2010, 1:01 pm

I just got done reading yesterday. I stayed up to finish it. I loved it Lynsay. Although those first chapters were so hard to read through. 8o I mean the idea of a beginner cook as the Executive Chef in a high class French restaurant??!! I was so horrorified my co-worker asked what I was cringing about when i came in to work. He's culinary trained too, so i told him why and he turned green at the idea of it. Even though it's just a book. It'd be both of our worst nightmares. Moving on. I loved the sisters' "Hah, hah I say." blood bag slap toast that was really funny.
Rawr

Postby Denise on December 10th, 2010, 12:35 am

It's a good thing Justin was there to adjust everyone's thinking. Can you imagine the damage that would do to a real restaurant?
Denise

Postby orionsfaith on December 10th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Finally finished last nite! My 3rd job may have suffered a bit but it was well worth it! Like always when I’m this late it’s just easier to respond/comment on everything that’s been said than say the same thing twice, sorry for the length :P
Jewelz wrote:Lucian cracks me up with his bold personalitly. I laughed when he offered Cale one of his books. The whole discussion about dream sex, had me ROFL. Justin's idea about parking a van in front of Alex's house was hilarious!
susan60625 on December 7th, 2010, 1:40 pm
I loved it when [Lucian] said that arrogance was skill he was exceptional at, like everything else!

*sigh* what an eye-rolling good time, it’s always great when old characters come in, but while the ‘kids’ tend to blend into the background, it’s almost impossible for him and Marguerite not to make a lasting impression
Rockie wrote:Bricker is funny as I'll get out! I think when he finds his life mate he is gonna fall hard and everyone is gonna be there to watch him fall...
"Denise"
Bricker is SOOOOO digging himself a hole that the others are going to bury him in when it's his turn.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Dunno why but his goofiness stood out even more to me this time, wonder if seeing everyone w/ their mates is starting to get to him just a little bit. Can’t WAIT for his book, he’s gonna be such a klutz I know it :P
Denise wrote:the one thing about living so long, you can't get stuck in one time and not change, then people would realize that you are not changing.. texting is popular.. so why not pick it up! Blend in with the times you are in....

o no doubt, it actually didn’t surprise me that the characters change I was more interested in how Lynsay ....sort of changes her style with them, least it looks that way to me, but then I’m an aspiring writer so perhaps I’m just over analyzing :P
Denise wrote:Loved the book! And did you notice how Lynsay slipped in the part about it not being impossible for an immortal to get a mortal pregnant? I think that's going to come into play.

I thought about that too....wonder what sort of complications that could provide a mortal mother. I’m also curious as to the ‘genetic defect’ Leigh might have to miscarry as an immortal, just kind of glossed over that fact last book.
VirtualValkyrie wrote: on December 3rd, 2010, 10:43 am
I loved it! It was nice to have something light again, when I was reading Hungry for you I realised how much I missed it!

I agree, was actually almost saddened when there was drama, I was like “noooo he can’t be dead/mega hurt, happy happy happy!” but it was completely awesome of course, was kind of surprised at Alex’s reaction at the crash but totally understand, actually lol’d when she got to the house and heard Sam screaming, just the perfect storm of things falling into place rather chaotically. Granny kept looking at me sideways when I kept gasping and laughing. :lol:
Was a tad disappointed in the villain at the end, these mortal antagonists are just so cheesy compared to the immortal ones :P
Lynsay wrote:All I can say is I'm not perfect and while I shall try harder, I'm never going to BE perfect, so expect other errors in the future.

Lynsay, not even immortals are perfect and some of them have had centuries to get their stuff together :-P If you got perfect you’d be a bad writer indeed, I likes you just the way you are :-D Besides like Susan said, the idea of a "collector's" copy is intriguing!
susan60625 wrote: on December 5th, 2010, 5:40 pm
That is why (tongue firmly in cheek!) we have offered to proofread and help you with your edits. We could, hopefully, help catch those kind of continuity errors! It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that we are DYING to know what's going to happen next.

*solemnly and vigorously nods in absolute agreement* I can’t even afford pro-bono work but for you I’d make several exceptions.
wren wrote:
Interesting how Leo 2 was brought up in the story, though... .

I did find that odd, it gave me chills for a quick second, like maybe....but that makes me think of another possible typo....believe it was Bricker or Cale that said Jo AND Sam were attacked by one of Leos son-minions, did I miss something? When was Sam attacked?
Rawr wrote: on December 9th, 2010, 1:01 pm
the idea of a beginner cook as the Executive Chef in a high class French restaurant??!! I was so horrorified my co-worker asked what I was cringing about when i came in to work. He's culinary trained too, so i told him why and he turned green at the idea of it. Even though it's just a book. It'd be both of our worst nightmares. Moving on. I loved the sisters' "Hah, hah I say." blood bag slap toast that was really funny. .

I admit I was unnecessarily doubtful at how well that was going to pan out. Leave it to Bricker and Marguerite to save the day, not to mention Leigh! Totally forgot she was a cook/restaurateur, but how far along is she? Wonder if she’s showing yet....
The girly sister moment at the end was prieless! Hope to see them do that again in future books.
susan60625 wrote: on December 7th, 2010, 1:40 pm
Now, I just have to dread the 6 months until the next book comes out. From the blurb on the website, it looks like it will be a lighter book, as well. Stephanie as a matchmaker! .

Don’t remind me, and I thought 3 months was bad! Ha, Stephie the teenage matchmaker that can read your mind, ahhh more angst, mystery and intrigue, can’t wait.
susan60625 wrote:Oh, this series could go on forever!!!!!!

I certainly hope so! :D
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby Jewelz on December 14th, 2010, 1:48 am

I have no memory of Sam being attacked. I thought the same thing too, but I'm certain she's talking about Dani. Who's perfect? It's an awesome read anyway! :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby MysticFan on December 14th, 2010, 5:32 am

Well I just finished HFY and let me just say that I LOVED IT! I couldn’t wait to read it and was so disappointed that I had to wait this long, but it was definitely worth the wait. My dear hubby surprised me with and early Christmas present which turned out to be a NOOK. I hate when I finish a book and then have to wait for another to be delivered to me ( takes a lil bit longer due to me living in the boonies.) So, he gave me my gift which I think was also to benefit him because I do tend to get a bit grumpy when I‘m out of my reading materials…lol Problem solved for the both of us.. Yayyy! HFY was the 1st book I purchased for my NOOK and I’m so sad now that I finished it. I just can not wait for the next book to come out. I do think that this one would most definitely fall under one of my faves. I just love that the Willan sisters are now going to be together forever and have found the love they all deserve. I have to say that I LOVED that Bricker was in this one so much, I adore him & can not wait to read more about him. He is so yummy… as are all of the other wonderful men Lynsay writes about. I have been absent from the forum for a while and am sure I have missed out on everything. Has anything been discussed about the next book or when it will be released? So sorry that I have blabbed on and on… guess I should stop here. I just wanted to say wonderful job Lynsay & thanks so much for another amazing page turner. :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby orionsfaith on December 14th, 2010, 9:40 am

Jewelz wrote:I have no memory of Sam being attacked. I thought the same thing too, but I'm certain she's talking about Dani. Who's perfect? It's an awesome read anyway! :D

oooo Dani yea yea, kewl kewl, and very awesome read!

MysticFan wrote: Has anything been discussed about the next book or when it will be released?

I'm probably the wrong one to try and answer this but the next book takes place in ...Elvi's little town. It's about Harper finding yet another lifemate and Dani's little sister is playing matchmaker b/c she can read any and everybody. Comes out in June!
orionsfaith

Postby MysticFan on December 14th, 2010, 10:03 am

MysticFan wrote: Has anything been discussed about the next book or when it will be released?

I'm probably the wrong one to try and answer this but the next book takes place in ...Elvi's little town. It's about Harper finding yet another lifemate and Dani's little sister is playing matchmaker b/c she can read any and everybody. Comes out in June![/quote]

Thanks so much!! I just read a few seconds ago that the 15th book was called The Reluctant Vampire?? If this is so, how did I miss this??...lol :? So sorry if I'm wrong.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby orionsfaith on December 14th, 2010, 11:06 am

MysticFan wrote:

I'm probably the wrong one to try and answer this but the next book takes place in ...Elvi's little town. It's about Harper finding yet another lifemate and Dani's little sister is playing matchmaker b/c she can read any and everybody. Comes out in June!

Thanks so much!! I just read a few seconds ago that the 15th book was called The Reluctant Vampire?? If this is so, how did I miss this??...lol :? So sorry if I'm wrong.[/quote]

Yes yes that's it! B/c Harper's reluctant to fall in love again so quickly I believe. Don't apologize, I miss stuff all the time, been havin an issue 2day w/ things being on the tip of my brain yet just out of reach...like the town name and Dani's sisters name *le sigh*
orionsfaith

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series