Happy Endings

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Happy Endings

Postby MysticFan on January 15th, 2011, 12:33 am

Lynsay, to me (and everyone else on the forum I am sure) you are definitely interesting, exciting, and beyond cool! Amongst all of the things you are, my dear Lynsay, BORING is NOT one of them! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby wren on January 15th, 2011, 8:07 am

Lynsay, you know you can be a goodwoman/person & still be interesting, exciting, and beyond cool...without ever being boring! <grin> Having such a great sense of humor is a good thing...and helps
so many people to be happy. Continue to be good, funny, interesting, exciting, beyond cool, amazing, and genuine...because we like you just the way you are! 8-)
wren

Postby Mabel48 on January 15th, 2011, 2:00 pm

I'm with you Wren. With Lynsay's imagination , humor and just the way her mind works, boring is not a word I would use for her. I can’t imagine a more interesting friend!
Thank you Lynsay for sharing all of that with us! :D
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby TomEC on January 17th, 2011, 10:23 am

Lynsay wrote:My goodness? Grin. Do you know how many times I've been told I'm a good woman/person? And do you know just how BORING that is? I want to be interesting and exciting and cool!!!! WAAAAHHHHHH! LOL. Sweetie, I'm not in possession of any more goodness than anyone else. But thank you. You guys are sweet.

Run for cover! Board your windows! The windbag is about to blow!

Lynsay, I don’t think goodness equals boring but I get that you’d be uncomfortable with being put on a pedestal. That’s a lot to have to live up to. Still, I don’t think anyone here is expecting you to pick up a staff, part the Red Sea and lead us to the Promised Land, so I think it’s okay to except compliments.

It seems to me that boringness, at least in people, has more to do with a kind of dull, unimaginative mediocrity then goodness. Both good and bad people can fit that mold. Look at the characters in your books. The basic goodness of your heroes doesn’t make them boring does it? Ideally, I don’t suppose you want your heroes or your villains to be boring but especially the heroes. Of course if your heroes were too perfect, with no flaws, or inner demons to struggle with, they would be boring. But they care and they strive to do the right thing, despite tendencies in the other direction, and that’s what makes them good. That, I think is what makes any of us good.

The times Theresa has called me a good man have been some of the finest complements I’ve ever received. I want very much want to be a good person. Of course, Theresa knows that paying me such a compliment is a great way to butter me up, should the need arise. Since she is a good woman, I trust her with that power.

I think you should embrace your inner goodness because I doubt very much you could be boring if you tried. Boring people couldn’t write like that. It isn’t possible. I think you really are interesting and exciting and cool (and as wren point out, funny) and being a good person is no threat to that. Though I suppose it might be uncomfortable to be held up as a paragon of virtue by your well-meaning, adoring fans. Still, they do that because you’ve shared a piece of yourself with them and touched their hearts in the process. That’s not just good, that’s great! :D :mrgreen:

Like many of the fine folks with you on this forum, you really are a good person. That’s not a bad thing at all.

Yikes, I’ve use the word ‘good’ an awful lot here despite the almost irresistible urge to use synonyms. For a long-winded buzz-kill like me, synonyms are my friend!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby jill on February 25th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Lynsay wrote:My goodness? Grin. Do you know how many times I've been told I'm a good woman/person? And do you know just how BORING that is? I want to be interesting and exciting and cool!!!! WAAAAHHHHHH! LOL. Sweetie, I'm not in possession of any more goodness than anyone else. But thank you. You guys are sweet.

Lynsay

I hear ya sista...when did being good ever equal fun lol. Just kidding ;) You are still pretty awesome Lynsay and I love your work and it brings lots and lots of joy to me nough said :mrgreen:
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Viv0323 on April 4th, 2011, 2:34 am

Lynsay's happy endings keep me alive. Literally. I can't count the number of times I've read Lissi and Greg's story or Rachel and Etienne's when I was down in the dumps like I am now. Every funny and amusing moment that elicited a smile from me saved me from doing stupid things to myself.

Your books give me the will the live, Lynsay. Like what Kate said at the end of Single White Vampire, as long as there's hope, anything is possible. Don't stop writing. Write for yourself and write for us readers.

Thank you for letting me into the Argeneau's world and their happy endings.
Vivian
Viv0323

Postby Denise on May 6th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time, Viv. Hand in there, hon. And that's why I read HEA books. It helps keep the optimism alive.
Denise

Postby wren on May 7th, 2011, 9:48 am

Denise wrote:Sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time, Viv. Hand in there, hon. And that's why I read HEA books. It helps keep the optimism alive.

Ditto!! :D
wren

Postby TomEC on May 7th, 2011, 12:00 pm

Hey Viv, I noticed your post is way back on the 4th of April (don't know how I missed it). I hope you're feeling better these days. There's nothing like a good book with heroes and heroines to root for and to cheer for and feel good when they triumph in the end!

As far as I'm concerned, we can leave the hard and nasty life lessons to the real world, which is more than happy to teach them to us. For me good literature is, in the end, about joy and pleasure as well as keeping hope and optimism alive; just like Denise said. Those things are important for both our physical and mental health.

Don't ever give up, Viv. Your needed. :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Lynsay on May 11th, 2011, 10:14 pm

You guys are sweeties. Thank you.

And I too add my hope that things are looking brighter for you Viv. One thing you can count on with life is that while it does occasionally dump you down in the muck, it does eventually go back up. But then it would be pretty boring if every day was a nice even balancing act. We wouldn't appreciate those ups so much. Just like if we never had horrible rainy or cold snowy days we wouldn't be so bloody glad when the sun comes out to warm us again...and believe me, I am grateful for that sun right now like no one's business.

Hope you're all enjoying it

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series