Changing with Tattoos...

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Changing with Tattoos...

Postby Goober on January 17th, 2011, 1:50 am

Ever since I started reading the story I've been wondering about what would happen to scars and tattoos after you've been changed.
Going by everything I know, if you have a tattoo and are changed the nanos would be considered a "threat" (more or less can't think of the right word atm) and the ink would be some how either pushed out of the body or made to go away.
Also if you have scars when you change would you keep them? Again going on what I know about the nanos I'd think they would do something about/with the damaged/scar tissue. Jo said that she had a scar after turning, but I don't know if it'll go away with time, or if because that was there while she was changing and Nickolas' blood was put into the wound if she will have a scar there or what.

Just wondering, and I don't think anyone else has asked this question, at least I haven't seen anything about this question.

[xoxo]
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Re: Changing with Tattoos...

Postby TomEC on January 17th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Someone can go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, your right about tattoos. The nanos would remove the ink, which would be regarded as an undesirable foreign material. (It's just me but I'm with the nanos on that one.) It's been said on more than one occasion in the books that the nanos repair a lifetime's worth of damage, so any scars would be history. Body piercing is also healed which is why immortal women are forced to ware clip-on earrings. These things, I believe, are a small price to pay for the benefits. I, for one, would not miss pimples or the scars I have from my teenaged clash with them.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby rockie on January 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm

That is correct.. the ink would be pushed out.. you would be unblemished and healthy looking...
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Goober on January 17th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Okay I figured, I just wanted to make sure, and yeah I remember someone in the books said the thing about the earrings.
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby susan60625 on January 17th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Goober, the tattoo issue was discussed in the books. In Vampire, Interrupted, when the Nottes, Marguerite and Tiny went to the Night Club in London, Tiny made a comment about G.G. being immortal. He was informed that G.G. wasn't immortal because if he was his body wouldn't allow the tattoos or piercings. Pierced ears were also discussed in Born to Bite when Lucian, Leigh, Eshe, Bricker and Armand were talking about Althea's head being found with her earrings on and then Leigh and Eshe talked about how your ears heal as soon as you take out the pierced earrings.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on January 17th, 2011, 6:22 pm

Wow Susan, you are an encyclopedia. I had a general idea about this stuff but I sure couldn't have told you were exactly I read it. Then, I'm only up to SWV in my second go round with the Argeneau books.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on January 17th, 2011, 6:35 pm

I started my seventh or eighth re-read recently. But I read them chronologically and I'm only up to SWV. What helps keep things fresh is playing the games. Looking for answers and coming up with new questions keeps me going through the books constantly. I love skimming through the books, looking for obscure facts to try to stump people or searching for the exact page that a quote comes from.
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on January 18th, 2011, 2:09 am

susan60625 wrote:I started my seventh or eighth re-read recently. But I read them chronologically and I'm only up to SWV. What helps keep things fresh is playing the games. Looking for answers and coming up with new questions keeps me going through the books constantly. I love skimming through the books, looking for obscure facts to try to stump people or searching for the exact page that a quote comes from.

I never played the games until recently and I LOVE them! They really do keep me informed and refreshed with everything that happened. I never was the type of person to take on a challenge. Like before, I would just look at the questions on the games and just move on. Not anymore, I actually like to look up the answers, if I can, and find the quotes. This place is proving to make me a better me, even without the nanos...lol ;)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby MysticFan on January 18th, 2011, 4:52 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, or if I have overlooked it, but if so then I am sorry. Since we are on the subject of things that the nanos would reject, let me ask this question. Say someone had pins in one of their knees and a partial hip replacement. :? What would happen then? Just curious.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on January 18th, 2011, 1:11 pm

MysticFan wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, or if I have overlooked it, but if so then I am sorry. Since we are on the subject of things that the nanos would reject, let me ask this question. Say someone had pins in one of their knees and a partial hip replacement. :? What would happen then? Just curious.

That has been mentioned here on the Forum, and at this point we don't have an answer from Lynsay yet. Since medicine came up with this more recently, it would have to be a situation that would only come up more recently. The only turnings of older people (that we know of), who might have this "mortal" correction would have been one of the turnings in Port Henry. Apparently Mabel didn't have any, but we don't know what happened during Mrs. Ricci's turn. Maybe this question will be answered during Teddy's turn. We'll just have to wait and see. :?
susan60625

Next

Return to Discuss the Series