Finding your life mate when they are young.

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Finding your life mate when they are young.

Postby ElectricFedora on February 3rd, 2011, 1:35 am

One thing I have always wondered about, is what would perhaps happen if an immortal found there life mate when they are young for some reason. I probably wonder because I started reading the series when I was 12. But what would happen? Also depending on varying ages, from late teen, young teen, a child? I in most cases assume the immortal would stay around and watch the child as a protector till they were of age but I was curious what everyone else might think. So lets here it :3
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Re: Finding your life mate when they are young.

Postby TomEC on February 3rd, 2011, 3:01 pm

Hey Kaela!

I guess if anyone was going to wonder about something like that, you would be the one. I'm almost afraid to give my crackpot theory on this in case it causes Lynsay to decide to do something different instead. I'm guessing that the nano life-mate-radar probably doesn't even begin to kick in until at least puberty; maybe even a little after that. Though such a scenario would make a very interesting story for sure. It's fun to imagine. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on February 3rd, 2011, 4:37 pm

I don't think I would look too kindly on an older immortal who even attempts to read young people (either immortal or mortal). We had enough of that with William the pedophile. We don't need any more Lilly's running around. I also think it would be kind of weird for an older immortal to act as a protector/caregiver for a young immortal. How could they ever develop an intimate relationship as lifemates if they previously had that type of relationship.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on February 3rd, 2011, 5:26 pm

I hadn't really thought about the whole pedophile angle, that would be creepy. But I think there are all kinds of reasons why somebody might need to read somebody's mind, even a child's, other than looking for a life mate. I think what Kaela was talking about was more something somebody might do from a distance without even revealing himself to the kid.Though I remain of the opinion that the whole life mate thing would not work on a child. In this day and age, in this part of the world, I think if somebody were to find his life mate was a young teenager he would still have to bide his time, keep his distance, and wait. I'm a man of my time and I wouldn't stand for it otherwise.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby ElectricFedora on February 3rd, 2011, 5:29 pm

I was thinking it more in a case like they were undercover and went to control someone and read them to wipe them and couldn't not that they were driving up to persay a middle school and just reading little kids. I also meant it in a look from the shadows. They wouldn't be young immortal to old one, probably young human and older immortal who would just watch from afar making sure they never got seriously hurt. I myself would like to think that at 15 I'm rather mature for my age so I wonder if perhaps the persons Maturation might have something to do with it.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

ElectricFedora

Postby TomEC on February 3rd, 2011, 6:29 pm

Yeah Kaela, that's what I figured you meant. Put that way, it would have the potential to make an interesting story. Still, why be in a hurry? You just have a few years of kidhood left. Enjoy it while it lasts. Once it's over, there's no going back.
TomEC

Postby ElectricFedora on February 3rd, 2011, 11:39 pm

Meh, I'm always wishing I was older. Since I was little, but isn't that just something normal amongst most kids? Always wishing I was older and then once I'm older then I will wish I was younger? I'm excited for things like College and then choosing my profession. Getting out of my overly spoiled, superficial, bratty town.

ElectricFedora

Postby TomEC on February 4th, 2011, 2:59 pm

I guess you have thing figured out well enough, so I'll save my "take the time to smell the roses" speech for another time. It's nice to see that you have some solid ideas about your future. That's more than I could say at your age.
TomEC

Postby Denise on February 4th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Yeah, I'd think the immortal would step away and just keep an eye from a distance. Or maybe even set someone else to keep watch, only being alerted if there was trouble. That might even be a cool setup for a YA series. Teens who have been identified as potential lifemates and, having been told, form some kind of a protection/helping society, knowing that there are adult immortals out there keeping watch so they can be a little more bold? Maybe they receive special training because the immortals want them to have good self defense skills.
Denise

Postby ElectricFedora on February 5th, 2011, 2:40 am

Thanks Thomas, I'm a planner :D

I like that idea Denise. *smiles* It would make a great book idea plus it seems then Justin would have a place to put me until I hit 18 :D

ElectricFedora

Next

Return to Discuss the Series