Finding your life mate when they are young.

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Finding your life mate when they are young.

Postby ElectricFedora on February 9th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Oh, I didn't think that at all Thomas XD I just thought you guys misinterpreted what I said.

Now, I agree its more likely to happen for a human. Perhaps and interesting plot about an assassin.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby Denise on February 10th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Some of my favorite stories have been about the villain reformed. I love that plot line. It's so fun to see the transformation that takes place. However, that tends to only work with someone who hasn't been truly evil in the first place, just someone who sort of fell into it, or was born into it, but whose heart wasn't in it. Usually, those characters can't be pushed into truly horrific deeds.

One of those types I really enjoyed was a Regency Historical by Mary Jo Putney, called "The Rake". Very good.
Denise

Postby wren on February 11th, 2011, 12:17 am

Denise wrote:Some of my favorite stories have been about the villain reformed. I love that plot line. It's so fun to see the transformation that takes place. However, that tends to only work with someone who hasn't been truly evil in the first place, just someone who sort of fell into it, or was born into it, but whose heart wasn't in it. Usually, those characters can't be pushed into truly horrific deeds.

One of those types I really enjoyed was a Regency Historical by Mary Jo Putney, called "The Rake". Very good.

Reforming a "Rake" in a Regency works very well...some of my fave plot lines, too! :D
wren

Postby ElectricFedora on February 13th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Lol, so back on topic. Can anyone think of a few situation where perhaps this could happen? I myself have a few I've dreamed up every now and then. :oops:
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

ElectricFedora

Postby sin on February 13th, 2011, 11:46 pm

susan60625 wrote: We don't need any more Lilly's running around.

agree

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on February 25th, 2011, 2:36 am

Kaela, have you read Christine Feehan's Carpathian series? This happened with one of her h/h pairs.

Problem is, you either have to wait a while to write the book, or completely skip many years (as C. F. did) and go on with the story. Worked okay with C. F.'s stories since they stop aging after maturity. Would work in Lynsay's, too, but we'd have to ignore the timeline and let time advance a decade or so to age the younger one. I'd think it would be difficult to write, though.
Denise

Postby ElectricFedora on March 2nd, 2011, 6:01 am

Ah, I have not read that series. I have heard of it though.

ElectricFedora

Postby orionsfaith on June 22nd, 2011, 11:05 am

Another great thread, can't read all in depth right now but I've wondered this too, think it's ironic that we're fine w/ 100s or even 1,000s yrs of diff b/t some of the couples but the idea of Steph running across her mate at 15, or even the twins at...what, 16/17? is...yea;
side stepping all the "developmental" stuff, love is love, so I don't think it'd be creepy for a young person to run across their mate, creepy is when someone older tries to force the love and is only interested in someone b/c of their age, especially the physical part, but u can't control the nanos! they're c-razy!
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series