Favourite Argeneau Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

What's your favourite Lynsay Sands Argeneau book?

Poll ended at April 30th, 2008, 12:32 pm

A Quick Bite
No votes
Love Bites
No votes
Single White Vampire
No votes
Tall, Dark and Hungry
No votes
A Bite To Remember
No votes
Bite Me If You Can
No votes
The Accidental Vampire
No votes
Vampires Are Forever
No votes
Vampire, Interrupted
No votes

Total votes : 0

Re: Favourite Argeneau Book

Postby MysticFan on February 7th, 2011, 5:58 pm

TomEC wrote:Well, I just finished reading The Accidental Vampire again and it's still my favorite. There's just something about Elvi, Mabel, Teddy and all the gang at Port Henry that I love. I think I just like the idea of Port Henry; a town where five immortals can show up and every one of them walk away with a lifemate. One of them, of course, ended in tragedy which will, as I understand it, be addressed in the next book. I felt bad when I read about that and I couldn't help thinking about it as I read The Accidental Vampire. Nevertheless, I'm very much looking forward to another visit to Port Henry.

Oh and Lynsay, nice house.

I also just finished The Accidental Vampire. I really liked it the first time I read it, but I liked it even more the second time around. I also couldn't help but think about the tragedy that was to come :( . Now I am very ready for the next book.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on February 7th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Wow, we are all doing our re-reads. I finished TAV last week and just finished VAF and VI. Thomas, I know what you mean about the people of Port Henry. I think what I like is their naivete. They accept that vampires exist, but they accept the fictional premise of the "Dracula" type of vampire. However, they don't understand the reality of how the immortals can be, such as rogues like Leonius. Their innocence is what makes them so lovable!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on February 8th, 2011, 1:42 am

susan60625 wrote:Wow, we are all doing our re-reads. I finished TAV last week and just finished VAF and VI. Thomas, I know what you mean about the people of Port Henry. I think what I like is their naivete. They accept that vampires exist, but they accept the fictional premise of the "Dracula" type of vampire. However, they don't understand the reality of how the immortals can be, such as rogues like Leonius. Their innocence is what makes them so lovable!

Yeah, they are an innocent lot and it's not simply that they live in a small town. If there's one thing I know about, it's life in a small town (really small). No, the people of Port Henry are something special and they protect their own. I suspect that if Leonius and his crew ever showed up there, looking for trouble, they would be in for a nasty surprise. That town together with the immortals that live there would be a tough opponent to bet against. They would best him and somehow not lose that charming innocence doing it.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on February 13th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Still have to say "BMIYC"

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby jill on February 20th, 2011, 12:02 pm

of course Single White Vampire is my number one but Bite Me if You Can is a close 2nd :)
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series