Curious Thought about the Older Immortals

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Curious Thought about the Older Immortals

Postby wren on February 25th, 2011, 1:05 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Denise, You aren't a slug. Women are Never slugs. Occasionaly we may just be Catapillers who never got around to becoming Butterflies, but we are never Slugs...

Excellent post, gnd! 8-) Couldn't have said it better (and bet Thomas will agree! ) :D
wren

Postby TomEC on February 25th, 2011, 6:10 pm

wren wrote:
grlnxtdr29 wrote:Denise, You aren't a slug. Women are Never slugs. Occasionaly we may just be Catapillers who never got around to becoming Butterflies, but we are never Slugs...

Excellent post, gnd! 8-) Couldn't have said it better (and bet Thomas will agree! ) :D

Yes Denise, gnd and Wren are right. You're no slug. :D As I understand it, on this forum the term slug is, by definition, a reference to males; referring the different communication styles between the sexes. Those at the top of the slug hierarchy are slugs by accident, those at the bottom are slugs on purpose. Being a little forgetful or distracted doesn't make anyone a slug, although I think it's incumbent on all of us to give our mate the attention he or she deserves. Men and women do communicate differently and we need to be on our toes. I never, for a minute, want Theresa to think that I don't care.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on February 25th, 2011, 7:10 pm

You are correct Tom..slugs=males..lol :D :D :D

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby jill on February 25th, 2011, 7:43 pm

as snug as a slug in a ....heap :mrgreen:
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby sin on February 25th, 2011, 8:07 pm

ROTFL

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby ElectricFedora on March 2nd, 2011, 4:53 pm

wren wrote:
ElectricFedora wrote:Congratulations Wren! One thing I can say is I very much hope to one day find a frog Prince of my own, one who I can have a great relationship with like you have with your husband and like what my parents have. They've been married 21 years soon to be 22 years in December. Speaking of how old are Thing 1 and Thing 2? I've always pictured them as kids around 7-11 but from what I've seen on the site when you talk about their school it almost sounds like their closer to my own age of 15.

Thanks, ElectricFedora. Your frog prince will come along! Image

My sons are 17yo and 15yo, so they are close to your age. They have Autumn birthdays, so they are a Junior and a Freshman in our homeschool, which puts you right between them in school. We stay with the state age/grade guidelines for activities and sports, although they don't have to stay on the same level as local schools in every subject. Flexibility is one of the benefits of homeschooling, but I was a classroom elementary teacher before I had children, and there are advantages/disadvantages to all methods of education. You'll be able to see pictures of my sons in my facebook photos. When they were toddlers/preschoolers, their Dad called them Thing1 & Thing2 from the Dr. Seuss book, The Cat In The Hat! For Lynsay's forum, they use those nicknames. They make occasional appearances on the forum. They haven't read the books yet, though they do know the basic premise & characters from me & their aunt sin. ;) They are both avid readers, mostly of fantasy & sci/fi with some adventure and non-fiction. Paranormal, except for in the fantasy genre, doesn't appeal too much to either of them. :)

Oh that makes sense, I myself have a late summer birthday. So everyone else is 16 or soon turning 16 and i have to wait till august :P lol, I should find a way to talk them into reading the books so I can have cool kids my age active on the forum. I love the idea of homeschooling I just don't think my parents would be able to do it. It's why I very much want to go to private school/be in honors classes because most kids in those setting care more and are less annoying/disruptive in class. Oh what books do they read? I could use some new stuff to get into.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby orionsfaith on June 22nd, 2011, 10:22 am

I would just like to revive this as an awesome, and totally possible, idea. That is all. :?
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby MysticFan on August 10th, 2011, 12:23 am

If I am correct Rogues tend to sometimes go rogue due to being alone and lonely for so many years. I am aware there is probably much other reason why one would go rogue, but I have been pondering on the lonely turned rogues. I apologize in advance for my incoherent rambling that is to follow, but I have had this on my mind and just decided to throw it out there. When it comes to an Immortal turning rogue I was just wondering if you think the biggest majority of them have become that way because of the loss of a life mate or because they never found a life mate? To better explain what I’m trying to say I will put it this way: Let’s say you have an Immortal that has found a life mate, lived x amount of years together, & ended up losing that life mate after knowing what true happiness was. On the other hand, say we have an Immortal that has never found a life mate at all and has been lonely for x amount of years, seeing others all around them be completely happy. Both situations would be hard to deal with, no doubt, but if we could take a closer look and conduct a study, which type of Immortal do you think, would have the higher numbers or turned rogues? Lost love or lack of love? I had no idea where to stick this! So, I decided that since it was talking about rogues and sometimes Immortals don't go rogue until they are much older, I thought I would put it here. Sorry if someone has already touched down on this subject or if I posted this in the wrong place. :)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on August 10th, 2011, 11:07 am

I ten to think that an immortal who goes rogue has some inner tendency that will eventually lead them there. Some sore of weakness of character. Look at Morgan. He claimed that he had found a lifemate who refused to be turned until she was too old and didn't survive the process. However, he never referred to her with any kind of love. Plus,he was a friend to Jean Claude for all those years. If he had any sort of character, he would have stood up to Jean Claude and Vita and would never have helped with the 3-on-1 that was performed on Marguerite, or, at least, would have tried to stop Jean Claude from being an alcoholic. But, no, his lack of character, led him to become a rogue. When an immortal has character, they seem to be able to resist that draw. Look at Eshe. She was happily mated and lost her mate. dhe didn't go rogue. She found a purpose for her life and carried on. Also, look at Cale. He was never mated and lived a long, long time without a mate and never went rogue. Both of them had character and that carried them through.

Of course, this is just my opinion.....
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on August 11th, 2011, 7:11 pm

I agree with Susan completely on this. I think it does come down to a basic character flaw whether a person turns rogue or not.

It was said, for example, that those who turned rogue were often just trying to kill themselves. That would make what those rogues did a form of murder-suicide. Like when some #%@* gets all depressed and kills his family or shoots up a school or restaurant before killing himself. Whenever I hear a news story about something like that, I always wish that the perpetrator had gone about it in the wrong order “First I'll shoot myself and then...” Of course that would be the right order.

When you think about it, it may be difficult for an immortal to kill himself but there are ways that it's possible. To go down taking a bunch of innocent people with you is nothing but pure selfishness: “I'm depressed and I want to die and, because the whole universe revolves around me, a bunch of other people need to die too.” Really? Good people do get depressed and some even become suicidal but I think there has to be something really wrong with the person who then also becomes a murder.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series