Teddy's story (The Bite Before Christmas?)

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Teddy's story (The Bite Before Christmas?)

Postby ElectricFedora on March 2nd, 2011, 6:08 am

So I figured we should start are thinking caps since we know the plot summery of it which as soon as I come home from school I shall dig up as well as when I looked at B&N this morning and checked out Lynsays books coming out and saw that a new title had been added called. "The Bite Before Christmas." It's an anthology and the other posted author is Jeaniene Frost. So I think it's safe to say that is most likely Teddy's book.

So let's have it out everyone 8-)
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Re: Teddy's story (The Bite Before Christmas?)

Postby susan60625 on March 3rd, 2011, 9:35 pm

I was looking ahead and placed some pre-orders for books. When I got to this book, I realized that our time of paper back first releases is now over. This book is being first released as a Hard Cover! I know Lynsay said that it was coming, but I was somehow hoping that the publisher would forget! Well, there goes my book budget! :shock: :? :roll:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on March 3rd, 2011, 9:44 pm

That bites. As I prefer paperbacks :(

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on March 3rd, 2011, 11:51 pm

eReaders are handy when books turn to hardback. You can get it on release day at a much lower price, and then buy the paperback for your collection when it is released. I prefer paperbacks for my keeper authors, but I do find my B&N nook handy, too. An eReader may be something good to ask for on a birthday or Christmas wish list. :)
wren

Postby TomEC on March 4th, 2011, 5:15 am

wren wrote:eReaders are handy when books turn to hardback. You can get it on release day at a much lower price, and then buy the paperback for your collection when it is released. I prefer paperbacks for my keeper authors, but I do find my B&N nook handy, too. An eReader may be something good to ask for on a birthday or Christmas wish list. :)

E-book readers are a great thing. I would love to have paper versions of all my favorite books but I just don't have the room, especially since Theresa wants a piano so she can play for fun again.Image I want her to have that because she loves to play. I'll have even less room for my books then. Image Sometimes you just have to prioritize.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby tkw5002 on March 12th, 2011, 4:43 pm

I don't really have any experience at all with e-readers. Can anyone offer any advice on them to me? Thanks!
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby TomEC on March 15th, 2011, 4:59 pm

tkw5002 wrote:I don't really have any experience at all with e-readers. Can anyone offer any advice on them to me? Thanks!

The best two, as I understand it, are the Kindle from Amazon and the Nook from Barnes & Noble. I don't know about the others, but there are others so you might want to check them out. It's up to you which you like better. In my opinion the experience of reading on one is every bit as good as a paper book. It's a bit of an investment at first but, if you can live without buying the paper copies also, you'll save a ton of money in the long run and also save lot of bookshelf space. It's an entire library in the palm of your hand.They use e-ink which means they only use power when they refresh the page so one charge can last a long time. Another advantage is that you can re-size the text to whatever size you feel comfortable with. I don't know about the Nook, but on books where the feature isn't turned off, the Amazon Kindle will read to you. One nice thing is if, for example, you were to buy a Kindle (though I suspect it would be similar with a Nook), you would be able to put the Kindle application on any computer you own as well as on most smart-phones including the iPhone or an iPod touch or iPad and keep copies of all of your books (which you don't have to pay for again) on any of these devices and synchronize between them. As long as you continue to have your account with Amazon your books will always be there and available to you. Also since you can get any new book practically the moment it comes out, it's great for those people for whom instant gratification isn't fast enough. :D

One caveat though, if you plan on living a really long time (if,for example, your immortal) a paper book has the potential to survive a really long time with you. I'm not so sure about an e-book.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby tkw5002 on March 15th, 2011, 8:24 pm

:D Thank you Thomas! They look really neat. I've seen them at Barnes and Noble on a display shelf, but have never actually saw one working. That was something I was going to ask to is do you buy the book through the machine? Also, I wasn't sure if once you buy the book on the Nook or Kindle if it stays there permanently or if you only have it for a certain amount of time. lol, like I said, unfortunately I don't know anything about them, b/c I always buy my paperback books ;) I might have to go to Barnes and Noble and check them out more closely.
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby TomEC on March 19th, 2011, 10:58 am

tkw5002 wrote::D Thank you Thomas! They look really neat. I've seen them at Barnes and Noble on a display shelf, but have never actually saw one working. That was something I was going to ask to is do you buy the book through the machine? Also, I wasn't sure if once you buy the book on the Nook or Kindle if it stays there permanently or if you only have it for a certain amount of time. lol, like I said, unfortunately I don't know anything about them, b/c I always buy my paperback books ;) I might have to go to Barnes and Noble and check them out more closely.

The books are yours permanently. As I mentioned on my previous post, as long as you continue to have your account your books will always be there and available to you and this is true even if you buy a new e-reader and want to put all your books on it; that is as long as you buy your e-readers from the same company. You do have the option of buying your new books through the device; the Kindle comes both in a Wi-Fi only version or with G3. (On the Kindle, if you buy the one with G3, you don't need to buy a data plan for it as that comes free as long as you own the device.) You also have the option of buying your books through the website and then, as long as you have the wireless turned on, it'll automatically be transferred to your e-reader. (It's a good idea to have the wireless turned off when you're not using it to preserve battery life). I'm only personally familiar with the Kindle though I'm sure that Barnes & Noble does something very similar with their Nook. I think that Wren has a Nook so she may be able to tell you more about that.
TomEC

Postby sin on March 21st, 2011, 6:09 pm

wren wrote:eReaders are handy when books turn to hardback. You can get it on release day at a much lower price, and then buy the paperback for your collection when it is released. I prefer paperbacks for my keeper authors, but I do find my B&N nook handy, too. An eReader may be something good to ask for on a birthday or Christmas wish list. :)

wish lists indeed sis. as with the economy lately /

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Return to Discuss the Series