To get another chapter of Reluctant Vamp

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: To get another chapter of Reluctant Vamp

Postby TomEC on April 26th, 2011, 1:19 am

Lynsay wrote:Aa embarrassing as this is to admit, I cuss a lot in real life, and occasionally blush when I realize I've done it. But I just HATE writing cuss words. Not sure why. It just...er...I dunno. Although, I do end up using fertilizing instead of the f word and arse instead of the other, etc. a lot in real life. And rather than say he's a pain in the butt, my sisters and I all say "He's such a PITA!" LOL. But I have put lesser curses in books and had editors say that's kind of lame for a guy to say, and changed it...just recently I think. Can't remember which book though.

Ah well

Lynsay

Profanity sure is an easy habit to fall into. I occasionally lets a word or two slip out when I get really mad. I blame my Dad for that. Some of the folks around here cuss every second word. I'm not sure what they have left to say when they get mad. I have a secret weapon to keep my vocabulary on the straight and narrow: Theresa. She gives me grief for saying "heck" or "darn" because she says they just remind people of the words they're replacing. She loves me despite my flaws so I'm happy to watch my tongue. Besides, though I don't consider myself an easy person to offend, I know that profanity has always been about deliberately offending people. Many of them deserve it, perhaps, but I aspire to be a better than that. It's something to shoot for anyway.

Don't feel too bad about it Lynsay. At least you try. Not everyone does.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 26th, 2011, 8:29 am

If we're confessing our cussing sins, I should point out that I'm a Navy Brat, and the term Swearing Like a Sailor is true. I learned it all from my Dad and his Navy buddies, but I can't blame it all on them. I could choose not to use the words, and 95% of the time, I'm good about it, but if you ever make me mad, be prepared to hear the worst!
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on April 26th, 2011, 9:40 am

I'm sure the Navy is pretty bad, GND, but coming in second has got to be an all-girl Catholic High School! That's where I learned a lot of my best swear words. My brake has always been my mother. While I could let loose around my father (he was a cop and was used to it!), my mother hated cuss words and NEVER used them. Even now, when I'm closing in on 50 years old, if something slips while talking to her, I get a reprimand!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby ElectricFedora on April 26th, 2011, 11:44 am

mhm, I cuss a bit. I feel bad about doing it but...still do it. I do have some rules I follow. #1: NO CURSING IN SCHOOL!!!! #2 No cursing in front of adults who are not my parents. #3 No cursing AT someone...in front of them.

Yeah :oops:

Lynsay wrote:And you'll find out more about Drina later in the book when she and Harper go to dinner. And we'll update the tree too. She was around when the roman's invaded Egypt is all I'll say for now.

Lynsay

Updating the Tree? I think I might die of the excitement. I love having the family trees! <3 <3
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby sin on April 28th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Lynsay wrote:Aa embarrassing as this is to admit, I cuss a lot in real life, and occasionally blush when I realize I've done it. But I just HATE writing cuss words. Not sure why. It just...er...I dunno. Although, I do end up using fertilizing instead of the f word and arse instead of the other, etc. a lot in real life. And rather than say he's a pain in the butt, my sisters and I all say "He's such a PITA!" LOL. But I have put lesser curses in books and had editors say that's kind of lame for a guy to say, and changed it...just recently I think. Can't remember which book though.

Ah well

Lynsay

Lynsay I laughed so hard cause I use the word PITA..a lot..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on April 28th, 2011, 5:31 pm

ooo Now I cannot wait for the book.

sin

Postby rockie on April 28th, 2011, 8:31 pm

I can't wait for the new book!! :D Its gonna be a great book!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sin on April 28th, 2011, 11:24 pm

I know I am biting at the bit for it :D

sin

Postby MysticFan on April 29th, 2011, 4:24 am

Can NOT wait!!!! Image
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby rockie on April 29th, 2011, 10:29 pm

If we are confessing cussing.. whew man I am bad for it... I try not to when I am in public.. like today I said "Son of a Biscuit" when I tried to break my hand... I hit my hand on a bed in a furniture store... Im getting a new bed! :D
I try to not cuss.. but sometimes it doesn't work that well.. Im trying to cut down on my cussing... But its a work in progress!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

PreviousNext