We'd like to see......

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

We'd like to see......

Postby ElectricFedora on June 13th, 2011, 3:12 pm

This is perhaps to post things we'd like to see in the books ot perhaps help lynsay or give her ideas.

I'd love to see something with all of the older immortals/parents and have them talking about the now married adults and things they did. Like stories of them as babies/teens/little kids. I wonder a lot what kind of toddler/baby Justin was. Was Bastien always so serious? Things like that.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Re: We'd like to see......

Postby susan60625 on June 13th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Ef, we have to be careful with a thread like this. We cannot allow any fan fiction. Plus, for legal reasons, I don't think Lynsay could use any of our suggestions anyways.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on June 13th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Sue is correct, which is why I know that jeane loise's story will be fun, but not as much as the image of her as a closet dominatrix :P
grlnxtdr29

Postby sin on June 13th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Sorry EF but gnd & Sue are correct. This borders on fan fiction and Lynsay can not use any ideas listed. THat is why we stick to theorizing under the book topic. As it is just what we think or hope to happen. Sometimes Lyns will either confirm or deny an idea we speculate on.

This is another reason she can not accept not read any ideas that may be submitted by mail or e-mail. And we really want her to continue to come and participate on the forum with us :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby TomEC on June 13th, 2011, 9:13 pm

It's frustrating when you're brimming with cool ideas but true. I don't know much about the legal side of things but no writer want's be under pressure to use anyone else's ideas, even the gentle pressure of fan expectations. No, the best we can hope for is that something we say may inspire Lynsay to greater heights of creativity. The ideas must be her's, there may be legal reasons for this but I think it's mostly because writers write.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on June 14th, 2011, 12:48 am

Hey Kaela, I hope your not hurt by all this negativity. We know you didn't intend to cross any lines with this thread. You just came up with it because of your enthusiasm and that's never a bad thing on a forum. :D I guess we're just paranoid about upsetting some delicate balance and feel we need to be careful.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on June 17th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Just to remind everyone...these are Q&As from the FAQs on Lynsay's website! :) Though we all have our own ideas of what we would like to see happen, the same information applies to forum posts as far as story ideas, fan fiction, suggestions, linking to outside websites (especially fan-fic sites or other inappropriate sites), etc. Terri keeps an eye on threads that Lynsay needs to avoid to keep from running into ideas or suggestions. Please remember...as the official forum Immortals, we set the high standard for all of Lynsay's fans everywhere! :D However, for fun speculation and theories of where Lynsay might be going with the stories or characters, jump in on the discussion in the threads on the characters and books. 8-) That is allowed, and sometimes Lynsay will pop in & play to give us a clue, to "no comment" or to giggle that we are so far off-base! ;)

From the website FAQs:

Q. What happens to story ideas sent in by readers?

A. My contracts stipulate that my stories are based on ideas wholly my own. Legally, I couldn't and wouldn't use ideas sent to me. That being the case, I have an assistant that goes through my emails and letters beforehand to make sure that I don’t inadvertently read other’s ideas. So if you send an idea in, I won’t even read it. Sorry!

Q. Will you read my story?

A. No. I get this request a lot and I always have to say no. It’s for legal reasons. I’ve been advised not to read stories that are not already contracted to be published. Those I can read for quoting purposes. Otherwise, however, I cannot read stories.

Q. Do you accept manuscripts?

A. I do not accept unsolicited manuscripts of any sort. This is for our legal protection. If someone submits an idea that happens to be similar to a future novel, that person may feel that they are entitled to some form of compensation. The only way to ensure this does not happen is to destroy all unsolicited manuscripts unread.

Q. Does Lynsay read any of the fan email?

A. I read most of the fan email. Terri, my administrative assistant, reads all the fan mail and forwards to me only those which are considered ‘safe’. Safe means any emails that do not contain story ideas, stories, unsolicited manuscripts and that are not deemed demanding, obnoxious, or rude.
wren

Postby sin on June 17th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Thanks wren I knew it was posted somewhere but could not remember :)

sin

Postby TomEC on June 18th, 2011, 5:16 pm

wren wrote:Just to remind everyone...these are Q&As from the FAQs on Lynsay's website! :) Though we all have our own ideas of what we would like to see happen, the same information applies to forum posts as far as story ideas, fan fiction, suggestions, linking to outside websites (especially fan-fic sites or other inappropriate sites), etc. Terri keeps an eye on threads that Lynsay needs to avoid to keep from running into ideas or suggestions. Please remember...as the official forum Immortals, we set the high standard for all of Lynsay's fans everywhere! :D However, for fun speculation and theories of where Lynsay might be going with the stories or characters, jump in on the discussion in the threads on the characters and books. 8-) That is allowed, and sometimes Lynsay will pop in & play to give us a clue, to "no comment" or to giggle that we are so far off-base! ;)

From the website FAQs:

Q. What happens to story ideas sent in by readers?

A. My contracts stipulate that my stories are based on ideas wholly my own. Legally, I couldn't and wouldn't use ideas sent to me. That being the case, I have an assistant that goes through my emails and letters beforehand to make sure that I don’t inadvertently read other’s ideas. So if you send an idea in, I won’t even read it. Sorry!

Q. Will you read my story?

A. No. I get this request a lot and I always have to say no. It’s for legal reasons. I’ve been advised not to read stories that are not already contracted to be published. Those I can read for quoting purposes. Otherwise, however, I cannot read stories.

Q. Do you accept manuscripts?

A. I do not accept unsolicited manuscripts of any sort. This is for our legal protection. If someone submits an idea that happens to be similar to a future novel, that person may feel that they are entitled to some form of compensation. The only way to ensure this does not happen is to destroy all unsolicited manuscripts unread.

Q. Does Lynsay read any of the fan email?

A. I read most of the fan email. Terri, my administrative assistant, reads all the fan mail and forwards to me only those which are considered ‘safe’. Safe means any emails that do not contain story ideas, stories, unsolicited manuscripts and that are not deemed demanding, obnoxious, or rude.

I read these rules on Lynsay’s site before I even joined this forum and have done my best to abide by them. It hasn’t been easy and I suspect I’m not the only one who’s full of ideas and had to suppress the impulse to share them.

As I said, I’ve done my best. As far as I can see, the line isn't razor-sharp and this had always made me a bit uneasy. Maybe I’m a bit dense, but I’m not at all sure that I haven’t wandered over it from time to time. I’ve been very free about sharing my thoughts and speculations on a variety of subjects, most recently about nanos and what we might surmise about them based on what Lynsay has revealed. I have a very vivid imagination and can’t say that I haven’t posted an original thought or two and hope that there’s no problem with this. I guess if there is a problem than Lynsay will have been warned away from those posts.

If that were the case it would be kind of discouraging so I hope it isn’t. I mean I don’t expect Lynsay or any other writer of fiction to use any idea other than her own. Heaven knows I wouldn't want to. But writers finds inspiration in many places and I hope this forum also can be the source of that for her. Really, I think we all want that. That something we post may inspire an idea in her that finds its way into the books we love. That way we’re not just a cheering section but can also give something back.
TomEC

Postby sin on June 18th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Thomas..Lynsay has NEVER discouraged us from voicing our opinions nor thoughts. It is just that this topic has raised issues we have had in the past. EF was with us on the "old forum" and may have forgotten the big uproar when it was "suggested".

Both Terri & Lynsay read the posts and if either thinks something is inappropriate they will delete/edit the post then usually let the poster know. As you can tell from the Discuss the books & characters we have our theories about certain ideas and plot lines.

We even at one time TRIED to do a sort of an approved story that everyone was welcome to contribute to. Just for fun, BUT if it went on the side of fan-fic it would be locked. That has since gone by the way side so to speak.

Lynsay just has to be very careful. Thankfully her books are about 2-3 ahead of what we have so there is no chance of her using what we may come up with. She gets a good laugh or two about some of our ideas.

That is also why we are very careful when the new book comes out and say something to the effect of this is for speculating & theorizing after we have read the story. We all come away from the stories with a different point of perspective. For instance: For over a year I have speculated that JC (Jean Claude) had another child with his real life mate. And to add to that that it is the elusive Basha. But a few others disagrees.

We have discussed how this could/could not be possiable. But Lynsay has not commented one way or the other. She already had/has down how this part of the story plays out.

So please do not be discouraged. If any of us cross the line Terri & Lyns very gently let us know.

I hope I have made sense. I for one like some of your insights. I may not agree with all of them but that is what makes us different & human. :)

sin

Next

Return to Discuss the Series