We'd like to see......

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: We'd like to see......

Postby susan60625 on June 18th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Wow, Sin! That posting was of Wren-length and quality! I don't think I've ever seen you post anything that long! I'm impressed! *giggle*
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on June 18th, 2011, 8:26 pm

susan60625 wrote:Wow, Sin! That posting was of Wren-length and quality! I don't think I've ever seen you post anything that long! I'm impressed! *giggle*

bows. thanks :oops:

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby TomEC on June 18th, 2011, 11:00 pm

sin wrote:Thomas..Lynsay has NEVER discouraged us from voicing our opinions nor thoughts. It is just that this topic has raised issues we have had in the past. EF was with us on the "old forum" and may have forgotten the big uproar when it was "suggested".

Both Terri & Lynsay read the posts and if either thinks something is inappropriate they will delete/edit the post then usually let the poster know. As you can tell from the Discuss the books & characters we have our theories about certain ideas and plot lines.

We even at one time TRIED to do a sort of an approved story that everyone was welcome to contribute to. Just for fun, BUT if it went on the side of fan-fic it would be locked. That has since gone by the way side so to speak.

Lynsay just has to be very careful. Thankfully her books are about 2-3 ahead of what we have so there is no chance of her using what we may come up with. She gets a good laugh or two about some of our ideas.

That is also why we are very careful when the new book comes out and say something to the effect of this is for speculating & theorizing after we have read the story. We all come away from the stories with a different point of perspective. For instance: For over a year I have speculated that JC (Jean Claude) had another child with his real life mate. And to add to that that it is the elusive Basha. But a few others disagrees.

We have discussed how this could/could not be possiable. But Lynsay has not commented one way or the other. She already had/has down how this part of the story plays out.

So please do not be discouraged. If any of us cross the line Terri & Lyns very gently let us know.

I find I must echo Susan. Wow. I have never seen such a post from you, Sin. I thought maybe it was because I was still relatively new here, but then I saw that Susan hadn't either. I am deeply grateful, and humbled, that I managed to provoke such response. I rather suspected that there was a wise and insightful person behind those usually short posts. Now I know it. Thank you very much for the information. I found it very reassuring and I hope Kaela does too.

sin wrote:I hope I have made sense. I for one like some of your insights. I may not agree with all of them but that is what makes us different & human. :)

What? :o You don't agree with everything I say? Oh heaven forbid! LOL
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on June 19th, 2011, 11:46 am

Now you know why sin & I can be on the phone together for 14 hours...or more! ;) :lol:
wren

Postby sin on June 19th, 2011, 1:46 pm

wren wrote:Now you know why sin & I can be on the phone together for 14 hours...or more! ;) :lol:

yup..cackles

sin

Postby wren on June 20th, 2011, 3:01 am

susan60625 wrote:Wow, Sin! That posting was of Wren-length and quality! I don't think I've ever seen you post anything that long! I'm impressed! *giggle*

wren charmingly inclines her tiara-clad head Image

You are so right...our dear big sis sin is impressive! "Wren-length and quality!" What a wonderful compliment to me! Thank You, my sweet "Cara-Bear" sis! (I have finally found your true 'princess-sis nickname' for you...your secret identity as Christian's 'Cara' combined with your beloved Chicago football faves...you have been my toughest challenge, Cara, as nothing I came up with ever seemed to fit just right...I may not be Goldilocks, but I like things to be "just right!" ;) If Christian has spoken up a little sooner, it would have helped! :roll: :lol: Alas, it is done, so how do you like it? 8-) )

TomEC wrote:I find I must echo Susan. Wow. I have never seen such a post from you, Sin. I thought maybe it was because I was still relatively new here, but then I saw that Susan hadn't either. I am deeply grateful, and humbled, that I managed to provoke such response. I rather suspected that there was a wise and insightful person behind those usually short posts. Now I know it. Thank you very much for the information. I found it very reassuring and I hope Kaela does too.

sin is quiet but direct most of the time, but she is also very wise, extremely insightful, naturally intuitive, has a soothing voice & makes an excellent counselor (many forum friends have talked to her well into the wee hours when in need of someone to listen or some big-sisterly advice & you can count on the fact that it will be kept confidential) and she has a lot of good old-fashioned 'common sense' that she learned from her Mom to go with it all...and common sense ain't so common anymore, kwim?!

She's also sassy (before becoming a SASSy ARGENEUT ;) ) & has a wicked sense of humor, is amazingly spunky (great power often comes in small packages, so be careful what you ignite Image) but she is bit wacky ~ wait, before you blow me up, big sis, remember that it's the Piper in you...I mean it in the most sisterly & complementary way ~ noooo, you can't deny it...Image nada, you can't freeze me, either...I'm in a good mood, that is, a 'good mode' as in "good pink witch Glinda" life! Hey, I don't recall you ever having an evil "past life." How come that only happened to me & GiGi? Image Must be why you're a wicked & wacky girl now, huh? Ducking under invisibility cloak before cauldron is thrown or something explodes! Image

Besides, I have proof...this one being witnessed by many others :lol: ("you pig...you big pig! You ate the entire cake, you piggy! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ATE THE ENTIRE CAKE, YOU PIG!!!! I PAID 100 COINS FOR THAT CAKE!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET 100 COINS?? WHAT A PIG!! <the Pet Society fb game was fairly new then>

Thing2: um, aunt sin...you're yelling at the computer in our hotel lobby <trying to keep a straight face, but feeling empathy for her loss, logs in on the other computer and sends another cake to the "pig" that's not a virtual pet pig at all...she is blue & has ears that look like reindeer antlers? Looks nothing like this: Image>

Thing1: Y'know, aunt sin scares me a little sometimes. <quietly leaves to join his Dad & zone out in front of the tv>

sin calms down...eventually...but every time she thinks of it over our weekend together, the "piglet" that's NOT a pet pig stirs her up & the rant begins again. :lol: In sin's defense, it was a beautiful Halloween cake, and the pig had just been fed! What was so funny was that virtual pet non-pig slept for days! She couldn't get her to do anything. It was like she had really eaten an entire party-sized cake! We're better at the game now, and don't lose our cakes to piggy-pets! :P Now we just lose our hard-earned game coins or real cash (yes, they now take paypal or credit cards or giftcards you can purchase in various chain stores) when we buy fancy theme items they've developed over the years, but that's a not-funny story about my wackiness for another day! Image Btw, if you bring up sin & the pet pig, prepare for some wacky piggy comments. Big sis has a long, very good memory! *giggle* The virtual pet pig's virtual pet friends happily buy extra cakes at Halloween and other events as gifts for her to put in storage...just in case! Image

One of her best attributes, sin also has the incredible ability to survive a lot of the negatives that life throws at us while still coming out of it a positive person. Image My entire family absolutely adores her & her dear GWL! Gypsy loves to listen when we're on the phone to each other because she says we giggle like two little naughty schoolgirls! <grin> Oh, and sin really can do the best "Margaret Hamilton style" famous cackle as THE wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz and her famous line, "I'll get you my pretty...and your little dog, too" <sin inserts whatever is needed in ToTo's place> that you'll ever hear. Halloween is her fave holiday, but she was born on Valentine's Day...making her an automatic baby sweetheart...who does NOT care for the colors pink or yellow! Image Stating that as a you never know when you'll need-to-know this important fact. In general, other than her fave color blue of which she likes all shades, just stay away from pastels when it comes to sin & you won't go wrong.

So, Sue & Thomas..."still waters run deep"...one of the best ways to describe our very unique big sis sin! Come to think of it, that's probably why she gets along with all those grumpy old vamps. Image As you now know, just like our wonderful Lucian, when she does choose to speak up at length...it's worth hearing!

sin, "We're not sisters by birth but we knew from the start, God put us together to be sisters by heart!" Your nephews have both asked, "How can two people be so different, yet be so alike?" I just smile. Sometimes, words aren't necessary! ♥ wren
wren

Postby susan60625 on June 20th, 2011, 2:40 pm

wren wrote:

wren charmingly inclines her tiara-clad head Image

You are so right...our dear big sis sin is impressive! "Wren-length and quality!" What a wonderful compliment to me! Thank You, my sweet "Cara-Bear" sis! (I have finally found your true 'princess-sis nickname' for you...your secret identity as Christian's 'Cara' combined with your beloved Chicago football faves...you have been my toughest challenge, Cara, as nothing I came up with ever seemed to fit just right...I may not be Goldilocks, but I like things to be "just right!" ;) If Christian has spoken up a little sooner, it would have helped! :roll: :lol: Alas, it is done, so how do you like it? 8-) )

First, your welcome Wren! It is well-deserved! :D

Second, I know is a wonderfully wise woman! She has proven that here, on the forum, many times! :D

Now, as for the nickname! I'm glad you explained it! When I first saw it, all I could think of was the Care Bears! Image That got me thinking. (I know! Dangerous!) I kept trying to decide what color I should be (BTW, I'm pretty much decided on Cobalt Blue!) and what design should be my belly-badge (I still haven't figured that one out, except that it should probably involve food of some sort!)! Your definition makes a lot of sense.

I wish Christian would have spoken up sooner, myself! I'm dying waiting for the book to come out so I can finally learn more about him!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on June 20th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Ahhh, my Cara-Bear sis, Care Bears came to mind when I thought of it...but I have always loved Care Bears. :D Dear frog prince often calls me 'Grumpy Bear" :)

Yes, use your fave color for your bear, and a cooking design would fit you very well...perhaps something Italian for Notte. Though, you may want to read your book first before you make a permanent design. Just design your bear and leave room for belly-badge alterations. There is also a fiddle or fangs to consider! We could have a lot of fun coming up with ideas from which you could choose! lol ♥ wren
wren

Postby sin on June 20th, 2011, 6:18 pm

wren wrote: Dear frog prince often calls me 'Grumpy Bear" :)

Hey! I resemble that remark

sin

Postby wren on June 20th, 2011, 10:05 pm

sin wrote:
wren wrote: Dear frog prince often calls me 'Grumpy Bear" :)

Hey! I resemble that remark

Once again, we may be so different, yet we are so alike! lol
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series