A mistake?!

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: A mistake?!

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 7:00 am

The only place i am is here!!!LOL !! Remember when i said i had followed this forum for awhile but never commented? Thats because i couldnt figure out how to!!! Now I have turned into a "chatty cathy" and i cant shut up!!! :lol: I really dont know how to sign up for facebook (what ever that is) or myspace or anything else, although the groups you mentioned on the internet sounded interesting ( i cant figure out how to find them) The only reason that i got onto this forumn to comment was my sister was out of town for about a week and i was able to sit at long periods of time at her computer and figure it out :D :lol: BTW she was successfuly turned and will be commenting in future on this forum, although i dont know when she will "check-in". Once i logged out i couldnt remember my password and had to reapply and thats what i was doing when i saw newest info on internet about family trees. Ps just tried to send message to lynsay and cant tell if was received.
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 4:37 pm

lisa wrote:The only place i am is here!!!LOL !! Remember when i said i had followed this forum for awhile but never commented? Thats because i couldnt figure out how to!!! Now I have turned into a "chatty cathy" and i cant shut up!!! :lol: I really dont know how to sign up for facebook (what ever that is) or myspace or anything else, although the groups you mentioned on the internet sounded interesting ( i cant figure out how to find them) The only reason that i got onto this forumn to comment was my sister was out of town for about a week and i was able to sit at long periods of time at her computer and figure it out :D :lol: BTW she was successfuly turned and will be commenting in future on this forum, although i dont know when she will "check-in". Once i logged out i couldnt remember my password and had to reapply and thats what i was doing when i saw newest info on internet about family trees. Ps just tried to send message to lynsay and cant tell if was received.

lisa, I started right here in May of 2007! Talk about turning into a chatty cathy :lol: that is soooo me...btw, I still have my original Chatty Cathy Doll, my mother found it when they were going through things to have a "clutter sale" a few years ago and saved her for me! I'll just have to have extra clutter...one little doll is not going anywhere! :) Still, as far as computers go, with my irl sister's help (she is known as gypsy when she visits me and makes an appearance...she doesn't have computer access too much where she lives now) and with the AE4 and AEA sisters help, I've learned a whole lot. In addition, Mr. Spice helps a lot when we have technical questions, and I've just learned a lot of other stuff back when he had time to post more often.

sin and copper and others on the forum helped me find my way around to the other places. (Granted, on the old forum we could exchange emails, as we had a place we were able to post them if we chose...but for safety and to keep the content friendly, The Sands/Spice clan have decided not to have emails or links on this forum.)

I don't care for myspace, but it just all depends on what you like, and where friends and family have spaces. You tend to do more with them when you are in contact with others. They are all social networks or blog type thingies...how do you like all my computer terms? :mrgreen: A lot who post here have livespaces or facebook, but I probably just don't know others who use myspace instead. Lynsay has a space on each, so that her blog can be posted where readers can see it.

You can get to livespaces from Lynsay's blog and that should be posted on her website home page...that is how I orignally formed a space. That's all I had other than being on the forum for a long time! I wanted to be able to comment on Lynsay's and Mr. Spices blogs, and you had to be able to sign in...but you don't have to actually do anything with having a space unless you wish. http://www.lynsaysands.spaces.live.com/ We can't link from the forum, but that is the livespace page for Lynsay. To see Mr. Spice, scroll down and click on spice-the-cat. Read them often, and you will learn a lot and enjoy as they also post things about the books and what is going on in their life...although Mr. Spice may not actually have a life, according to a post on the general discussion! He really is Lucern, isn't he?? :lol: You can even get to my livespace from theirs, if he doesn't delete me! LOL
Also, several other forum friends that are on here regularly have livespaces.

As for facebook, you can just type it in and do a search. Lynsay also has a facebook page, and so do several of the regulars on the forum. You can join the lynsay_sands_get_together_ Google group...just do a search, and we (well, those who know computers) can help you find what you need or answer questions. The group is restricted to those 18yo & up for safety, because we don't want those who are underage sharing personal information or emails!

The most important thing is stay on the official forum...right here...the others are just extracurricular...this is the best place to be!! :)
wren

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 4:41 pm

Thanks Wren. You are so helpful with all those computer terms :lol: No really i have learned alot by following you and sin and denise and ...( well the list just goes on and on ). I really appreciate it when you give wordy answers cause you usually hit on something i havent considered. Mr Spice is also a big help even when he is giving his maddenly vague answers on topics to be revealed in the future.
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 5:07 pm

lisa wrote:Thanks Wren. You are so helpful with all those computer terms :lol: No really i have learned alot by following you and sin and denise and ...( well the list just goes on and on ). I really appreciate it when you give wordy answers cause you usually hit on something i havent considered. Mr Spice is also a big help even when he is giving his maddenly vague answers on topics to be revealed in the future.

lisa, I do believe you are a true AEA sister...Mr. Spice may delete all of us the way we pick on him! :lol:
wren

Postby Lynsay on October 5th, 2008, 5:12 pm

Lisa hon, I sent you a BIG THANK YOU email when I got yours about the mistake. And I did it right away, hit reply and said thanks for the heads up, I'd get ahold of Terri and the webmistress at once. Did you not get it?

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Oooh! I hope not Wren, after all when the north wind blows thru Canada this winter and he is stuck in the house and Lynsay and Tori are on a strict deadline( and Emma Cat is unavailable )who will he talk to? He is the Educator of all things English and since he is a recent immigrant to Canada he will see things differently than Lynsay and Tori and comment on them. I havent travelled all that much a way from the southern US and he always has a different view of world events/customs. :shock: He would miss us ( like a toothache, but he would miss us ) :lol:
Last edited by lisa on October 5th, 2008, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisa

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 5:30 pm

No Lynsay I didnt get it ( unless i deleted by mistake ). Thanks for replying, I was worried your webmistress would get away and get started on a diff project for someone else if it wasnt fixed real soon. ( I did mention I am kind of a newbie at computers and emails didnt I? ) I had a bunch of bookmarks ( right term?) on some of the messages and i might have deleted by accident. I just could not let poor Stephano go thru life (or FAQs page) as Stephanie!!!You had said he was having problems with being changed to an immortal, imagine his horror if he has been changed to a Stephanie!!! He would quit talking to you!!! :shock: :lol: for certain. :!:
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 9:37 pm

lisa wrote:I just could not let poor Stephano go thru life (or FAQs page) as Stephanie!!!You had said he was having problems with being changed to an immortal, imagine his horror if he has been changed to a Stephanie!!! He would quit talking to you!!! :shock: :lol: for certain. :!:

Image lisa, you crack me up! Image

lisa wrote:Oooh! I hope not Wren, after all when the north wind blows thru Canada this winter and he is stuck in the house and Lynsay and Tori are on a strict deadline( and Emma Cat is unavailable )who will he talk to? He is the Educator of all things English and since he is a recent immigrant to Canada he will see things differently than Lynsay and Tori and comment on them. I havent travelled all that much a way from the southern US and he always has a different view of world events/customs. :shock: He would miss us ( like a toothache, but he would miss us ) :lol:

lisa, dearie, he hasn't thrown me off yet...and I have been picking on him with my sisters a loooonng time now! There was a time when he would send us to our "corners" if we couldn't behave, though! <justkidding> :lol:

He has to have something with which to threaten us, as he is outnumbered by Lynsay's SASSy group! Probably, if he had no one to talk to, he would be grateful for his limited amount of peace and quiet, and he would blog and listen to his music...before he had to check the forum, anyway! Image
Last edited by wren on October 5th, 2008, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Wren there was a string of words and 20% signs all thru it. Is that a link to follow or a computer melt down?
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm

lisa wrote:Wren there was a string of words and 20% signs all thru it. Is that a link to follow or a computer melt down?

let's see if I can edit it so you get the right message! :lol:

Okay, it's all better...I hope! :mrgreen:
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series