****The Bite Before Christmas****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ****The Bite Before Christmas****ONLY if read the Book

Postby wren on July 30th, 2011, 3:22 am

sin wrote:YOU ate MY cookies? The ones you had paced to mail to me.. Image

Image Ready, Aim, Tossed
at big sis sin...it hits the top of her head,
& sis is now covered in purple goo! Image

Excuse me, dear sis, but that's a little extreme, don't ya think?! if I'm blown up with a humongous fireball, I'll never get your box to the post office. I had to do a quick freeze Image to survive that fireball. Not saying how I did it, though! Image

I didn't eat YOUR cookies, but I didn't mail them...yet! Image Trust me, your dark side isn't going to be willing to share those Canadian Maple Cream cookies, either. Thomas is in Canada, so he can already get those yummy cookies anytime he wants. We need to tempt him with another fave cookie that he can't get so easily!

Dark Side Cookie-Bakers, ready your ovens & prepare your cookie-dough! Image

sin wrote:
MysticFan wrote:
wren wrote:♥ wren...who is hiding under the invisibility cloak so she can keep on munching cookies... Image [/b][/color]

I would like to know where I can get one of those nifty invisibility cloaks? :D

Mystic...my dear sister stole uhm borrowed it from me so I would not either blow her up or freeze her...mauhahhaha

My dear Mystic, sin never hesitates to blow up, freeze, or drop a house on me 'Wicked Witch" style!Image

The 'invisibility cloak' was always mine from the beginning (well, in a way...my explanation followsImage ) but sin & rockie kept 'borrowing' it like all the time! As for where I got it, well...I kind of, um, borrowed it, um,... permanently from Harry Potter. Well, I waited until his last book...almost! It's not like he needs it now that "It's the End!" and all is well in his wizarding world, kwim? No reason for Harry's & Ginny's kids to be sneaking out of Hogwarts getting into naughty adventures, so this helps them avoid temptation! Let's just say it seemed like a good idea at the time! :lol:

For sin's Immortal Birthday last year, I did split the original cloak in half to share it with her permanently, so now we can both hide & munch cookies. Image I would say hide & avoid trouble, but no matter how hard we try, we always seem to run into trouble anyway...it usually begins with, "Sis, I have the most scathingly brilliant idea!" Image heehee

Now, there is a 'magical' way to use an invisibility cloak on the forum, but I can't just say it here!! Image Noooo...I'll message the secret to you so you can get yourself an 'invisibility cloak' of your own! Image

However, I would be remiss if I didn't warn you that 'invisibility cloaks' do not work to hide from small children! They can always find who they need, want, or love, at any time of day or night! It comes with their special small-child spidey-senses, along with the "being a parent" territory! Privacy is only achieved once again, to a certain degree, when small children grow to be big kids, and Mina, Denise, and I can all tell you, as we are all facing it this year, that you'll miss these small-tyke days when they're in their last year of school and ready to spread their wings and fly away from you! Enjoy every precious moment...even those days you feel like you might pull all of your hair out! Image
wren

Postby MysticFan on July 30th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Wren, thank you so much for explaining how the invisibility cloaks came to be. I will be watching for my message of how I can get one of those little gems…lol! Image I do agree that Harry does not need his cloak anymore and he can rest assured that it is in great hands. :D Speaking of Harry Potter, I have watched a few full movies and only bits and pieces of the others. :geek: This may be a complete shock, but I am unaware of what movies come first. Hubby & I have decided that we are going to rent/buy the entire series and watch it from beginning to end; that way we can watch the new ones. If you or anyone else can catch me up on the movie order I would appreciate it. When Harry Potter first came out I was so excited and adored it, but somehow I drifted and am now lost. Now, back to the invisibility cloak. I do understand that the cloak has no power when it comes to my wee one, which is perfectly fine. He is a sweetie and I only want to pull my hair out about 30% of the time. I am sure that percentage will increase as does his age…lol I thank you all for sharing the importance of cherishing my days with him while still young. Even though he is my everything, it sometimes helps to listen to others to realize that what you have is special & wont last forever.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on July 30th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Mystic,

The order for the Harry Potter books/movies is as follows:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Movies have part 1 and part 2 of this book. Part 2 was just released at the theaters, so the DVD won't be out until, probably, Christmas)

The books are always better than the movies, but they did a very good job with these movies and mostly only made cuts for time. The books do give much more background and world building info than you get in the movies.

Enjoy!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on July 31st, 2011, 6:13 pm

Umm Hey Big Sis Wren.. .I umm need an invisality cloak... So I don't have to umm keep borrowing yours!!! bawhahahahahahaha!
As for the excerpt Katrinica is awesome!! She might be moving up into my top ten!! lol
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Denise on August 1st, 2011, 1:40 pm

ElectricFedora wrote:Mhm, thats a big seller for me in getting my parents to buy me books. I'm like look. -points to other kids in her grade- I could be out having sex, doing drugs, partying and drinking....whats wrong with me spending money on books instead. It can be my addiction instead. :D They agree very much.

Great argument, EF!
Denise

Postby MysticFan on August 1st, 2011, 2:29 pm

susan60625 wrote:Mystic,

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Movies have part 1 and part 2 of this book. Part 2 was just released at the theaters, so the DVD won't be out until, probably, Christmas)

The books are always better than the movies, but they did a very good job with these movies and mostly only made cuts for time. The books do give much more background and world building info than you get in the movies.

Enjoy!

Thank you, Sue!

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on August 1st, 2011, 3:23 pm

MysticFan wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Mystic,

Enjoy!

Thank you, Sue!

You're quite welcome, Mystic. I love introducing muggles to the wonderful world of Harry Potter. When Part 1 of the last movie came out, my niece wanted to see it. My sister asked me if I thought it would be a good idea since she was only six years old. She hadn't seen any of the other movies or read any of the other books, so I said no, plus, the story is too advanced for her. I can't wait until she's old enough, though. I really think she'll like it and that will be something we can share!
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on August 1st, 2011, 4:53 pm

LOL! Sue, I had no idea what muggles were. :oops: I googled it! :lol: I definitely need to get those movies and fast! I am seriously lacking in terminology and probably much more...lol I have the 1st DVD and have even watched it, but for some reason I can't remember anything. :? When your niece is old enough, that will be a great thing you can share with her. My nephew is 4 and my son 2, it will be a while before I can convert them over...lol

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on August 1st, 2011, 6:42 pm

The only problem with my niece is that my sister lives in Atlanta, which is a little for for bedtime stories from Chicago! Hopefully, by then, my brother-in-law will have been promoted and moved back here to Chicago!
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on August 1st, 2011, 10:44 pm

susan60625 wrote:The only problem with my niece is that my sister lives in Atlanta, which is a little for for bedtime stories from Chicago! Hopefully, by then, my brother-in-law will have been promoted and moved back here to Chicago!

That would be really hard, living that far away. Maybe for bedtime you could do one of those recordale story books, that way you can be there even when your not. :D

MysticFan

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series