****The Bite Before Christmas****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ****The Bite Before Christmas****ONLY if read the Book

Postby wren on August 2nd, 2011, 9:20 am

MysticFan wrote:LOL! Sue, I had no idea what muggles were. :oops: I googled it! :lol: I definitely need to get those movies and fast! I am seriously lacking in terminology and probably much more...lol I have the 1st DVD and have even watched it, but for some reason I can't remember anything. :? When your niece is old enough, that will be a great thing you can share with her. My nephew is 4 and my son 2, it will be a while before I can convert them over...lol

Mystic, enjoy the movies as they are a lot of fun, but go ahead and read the books as soon as possible. They're phenomenal, and the movies can't include the entire plot of the books due to time constraints. Trust me, these are books that you will want to own to 'reread' over & over, so you will get to enjoy them with your nephew & your son when the time comes. :)
wren

Postby susan60625 on August 2nd, 2011, 1:55 pm

Thomas, are you sure she's not an immortal in disguise? Afterall, mosquitoes don't bother the immortals! :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby gleeky21 on October 29th, 2011, 6:12 am

It's nearly November and I can't still find any copy of The Bite Before Christmas at any bookstore here in the Philippines. It's so maddening because I WANNA READ IT NOWWWWW[i]![/i]
gleeky21

Postby orionsfaith on November 1st, 2011, 12:51 pm

Whoa....WHOA! NOBODY'S read or made a comment yet!? Color. me. shocked.
....and now I'm apprehensive about being the 1st to actually post about the book. O well, least it's not the 1st actual post. *deep breath*

How I managed to forget that the book came out on the 25th and not the 28th or later is beyond me, but after Twilight premiered on FX I came to my senses and rechecked the date and 3 hours (reading time, 30 hours real time, case you were wondering :-P) later, here I am!

Ok, so who forgot about the shared dreams during the sleeping bag scene? I DIDN’T! I knew right away…but then I waffled a bit when he was able to fight off the hormones and actually ask if he was her life mate, I’m like, if this is a dream there’s no way he’s gonna be able to think seriously! Then a line later Tricia thinks about it being a dream, so then I thought dang Lynsay, shoulda had me waffle a bit longer but THEN Teddy makes the comment about them not being cold and I thought woooow, that’s a really kewl perk! Aaaand I’m a dork :-P but seriously, it was great!

A bear attack!? Noooo but YES! Lol, I was wondering if he’d be turned basically right away and was curious what the ‘accident’ would be, I was thinking something sharp, log cutting accident. Freaks me out when animals are involved b/c death can happen so easily. Man….good angle. But why would Teddy run AT the bear instead of trying to get away and into the cabin? Guess safe to assume bear was closer than door? Man, gotta love a man w/ that much courage though, think I still woulda tried for the door instead of having the bear meet me halfway!….ok I’m typing as I’m reading in case you didn’t know, I love Tricia, she keeps answering my questions.

So Teddy has no recollection of the turn….if I’m remembering correctly no one seems to….except I think Dani, Steph, and Leah? Soooo, did passing out before the turn help him to forget the pain or do some remember the turn while others don’t?

Soooo, even though ‘extra nanos’ use up blood quicker, they also help make repairs faster right? Just a random thought/confusion. Like, it’s only bad Teddy bit Tricia if he didn’t get extra blood transfusions in time, BUT more blood from her should have sped up the turning process right? First time hear about the change taking WEEKS in some cases, didn’t really think about all the small tiny little changes, maybe that’s why it’s hard to read minds until weeks later? Thought it was just a skill to be learned, but sounds like it also has to develop over time, neat.

Love how Lynsay tidied up the turn scenes in a few paragraphs. I thought I’d bemoan not having the details, but Tricia gave just enough, w/ the courier and strapping him to the table; good stuff. ….of course, being the greedy gut that I am, perhaps a little back story on the courier could have introduced a new single character?!
I know I know, already too many singles runnin’ around, but a girl can hope *sigh*

…..toootally didn’t think about all of Port Henry not knowing about immortals…didn’t think the town was big enough for some not to know. Weird….
Shame he couldn’t go back as his own long lost love child.
Kinda like the sound of ‘Teddy Argeneau’.

Woooow, guessed she was pretty old, but not THAT old. Literal LOL at Sweet 16.
16 Centuries and NO kids?! Or life mate, really the no life mate is less surprising than the no kids. Interesting.
There's still a ton I'd like to know about Katricia's past; like Harper's mate, I bet she's had quite a few interesting jobs over the years....come to think of it, she doesn't have kids either does she? Time to reread TRV!
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby orionsfaith on November 3rd, 2011, 6:36 pm

Did I miss something? There another thread? No one have any comments?
orionsfaith

Postby wren on November 4th, 2011, 6:24 am

orionsfaith wrote:Did I miss something? There another thread? No one have any comments?

I'm still pondering your long post (you did me proud ;) :D ) but I think the main problem is a lot of our friends don't have the book yet, so they are staying away from the spoilers thread now that it has been released. Many either don't have an eReader or they can't purchase the hardback copy & some prefer paperbacks, so they're having to wait or getting on the reserve list at the library. I'll try to get in the discussion with you sometime next week, but it seems when a book is in hardcover, it will cause a delay in our discussions & speculation! :cry:

wren

Postby orionsfaith on November 4th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Ooooo, that makes sense. It is odd to have a hardback release. *shrug* My ereader's on the fritz so I actually had to use nook for PC this time around, silly technology.

That just may be my longest yet, I like to get it all out there at once and relay every thought detail, the bread is in the pudding...or something like that :P , so glad to have done u proud :D
orionsfaith

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 6th, 2011, 9:55 am

I found the book at Walmart Yesterday, but I had to put it back cause we didn't have enough money for it :((
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on November 7th, 2011, 1:59 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:I found the book at Walmart Yesterday, but I had to put it back cause we didn't have enough money for it :((

Hang in there, gnd! Hope your hubby finds a new job soon. So many are without work or their jobs have been downsized so that they're making much less money than before and are on very tight budgets. We have been fortunate so far, but many of our family members & close friends are suffering. Trouble is that you can only cut a budget so far! :cry: Hopefully our economy will get better in the near future!
wren

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 11th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Yay! I got the Book today and finished it in 2 hours! Hubby let me buy it cuz he felt guilty about buying himself a couple train magazines.

I laughed so hard at Teddy's reaction to the turn! And when he Bit her, That was so funny!
grlnxtdr29

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series