****The Bite Before Christmas****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ****The Bite Before Christmas****ONLY if read the Book

Postby gleeky21 on November 11th, 2011, 11:43 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Yay! I got the Book today and finished it in 2 hours! Hubby let me buy it cuz he felt guilty about buying himself a couple train magazines.

I laughed so hard at Teddy's reaction to the turn! And when he Bit her, That was so funny!

You finished the book in 2 hours? Or you might be talking about Teddy and Katricia's story? If you're pertaining to the book itself, I might kill myself because I can't finish a 300+ page book for 2 hours LOL. :lol:
gleeky21

Postby susan60625 on November 22nd, 2011, 1:03 pm

FINALLY!!!!!

I finally got the book and read it! Loved it!

However, I still have many questions as to where Katricia fits into the family tree. I'll have to check the chart and see if Terri has updated it to include Katricia's parents and other possible siblings. We know it's Uncle Lucian, Uncle Victor, Aunt Marguerite and since Decker is her cousin, Aunt Martine. And, though we know her age, we don't know where her parents fit into the tree.

Also, while the bear experience was harrowing, I still miss the drama of one of Lynsay's full-blown stories.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby lisa on November 22nd, 2011, 6:59 pm

Loved the story! and really love the teaser of Caro and Christian!
lisa

Postby orionsfaith on November 23rd, 2011, 11:16 am

susan60625 wrote:
However, I still have many questions as to where Katricia fits into the family tree...

Also, while the bear experience was harrowing, I still miss the drama of one of Lynsay's full-blown stories.

Good point, SUCH a big family! And yea, this was quite the appetizer before a full course book.
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby susan60625 on November 24th, 2011, 1:13 pm

orionsfaith wrote:
susan60625 wrote:
However, I still have many questions as to where Katricia fits into the family tree...

Good point, SUCH a big family! And yea, this was quite the appetizer before a full course book.

No, Orionsfaith. The appetizer was the excerpt from "Under the Vampire Moon"! Since Christian is my love, that tease was enough to make me drool all the way until April. I'm going to need to carry around a drool rag, like they do for Julius (the dog!). :shock: ;) :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Jewelz on November 26th, 2011, 6:33 am

susan60625 wrote:FINALLY!!!!!

I finally got the book and read it! Loved it!

However, I still have many questions as to where Katricia fits into the family tree. I'll have to check the chart and see if Terri has updated it to include Katricia's parents and other possible siblings. We know it's Uncle Lucian, Uncle Victor, Aunt Marguerite and since Decker is her cousin, Aunt Martine. And, though we know her age, we don't know where her parents fit into the tree.

Never really found Teddy that interesting until I read "The Gift". I just finished reading Ted and Tricia's story. I'd have to say its one of Lynsay's best anthologies. Love the humor!!! Especially, the preference of being called Tricia vs. Kat. Very funny stuff. Lynsay, I wondered if you were going to turn him in this book. For being a short story, it was packed with a little bit of everything. Nice Job! Although, just like Sue, I'd like to know a little more about Tricia's geneology.

I haven't been reading the excerpts lately. They drive me crazy because I can't finish reading the book. I've avoided reading the preview of "Under a Vampire Moon". A long with many other authors previews. Looking forward to reading Christian's story. ;)

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby MsKitty on December 5th, 2011, 3:11 am

LOL!

Just read Kat & Teddy's story :) & as I am called Kat, I totally get the ick factor of being called 'Pussy Cat, Pussy or Puss'. One person (an old Manager of mine) she called me Pussy Cat & Pussy, that was ok (just!) . I prefer Kat, Kitty, Kitty Kat & of course Ms Kitty, but OH don't call me Pussy. But if I'm called 'Kathrine' (& no, that is not a spelling mistake!) then I will crap myself because 'Kathrine' is my trouble name!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 5th, 2011, 5:18 pm

LOL, I shudder everytime I hear the name Katrina, because that is what my Grandmother called me when I was in trouble. She didn't use your full name when you were bad. That would be too long. No. She used some weird form of your name. I was Katrina, my brother Mike was Miguel, and so on...
grlnxtdr29

Postby MsKitty on December 7th, 2011, 5:37 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:LOL, I shudder everytime I hear the name Katrina, because that is what my Grandmother called me when I was in trouble. She didn't use your full name when you were bad. That would be too long. No. She used some weird form of your name. I was Katrina, my brother Mike was Miguel, and so on...

LOL! Yep - nothing makes me freeze in terror like hearing 'Kathrine' yelled in 'that tone'! lol.. even if I've done nothing wrong I'm still wracked with guilt! Ahhhh.. lol..
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby sin on December 7th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Okay for those who have had a chance to read the story let us commence the theorizing..:)

The story was short. Even shorter than TIny's. And yes before ANYONE bites my head off saying anthologies are supposed to be short I DO know that just making an observation and a personal opinion.

When Teddy had the run-in with the bear all I could think of was Dirina and the "kitty". At least she came away unharmed other than needing a tomato bath. This is a different way for a person to be turned and I found it interesting. I have not thought of that possibility.

Kat has a very wicked sense of humor. The way she "planned" the shared dream had me in stitches.

Teddy was so cute in his I am so much older than her thoughts. When he found out in fact he was not and that she was immortal he seemed to do a 360.

Wonder if they will return to Port Henry right away or if in fact Kat will be the "new" sheriff and Teddy just go as her husband?

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series