Top 10 Funniest Argeneau Scenes

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

What are your 10 favourite funniest Argeneau scenes?

Poll ended at July 13th, 2008, 10:27 pm

1) AQB - Dwayne, Lissianna’s anaemic donor, who had padded shoulders, a fake tan and a cucumber down his pants.
3%
2) AQB - Greg initially thinks he was brought to the house and tied to the bed to be a sex slave for Marguerite’s unfortunate looking daughter but upon meeting Lissianna, he starts to think that being her sex slave would not be so bad after all. Greg exact thoughts were that he was the luckiest son of a bitch alive.
1%
3) AQB - Thomas implying Bastien was an unfashionable geek for being the first to arrive at Lissi's party. (pg 18)
1%
4) AQB - Thomas in skin tight Spiderman PJ's. (pg 49)
2%
5) AQB - Greg in Lissi's room, awoke to all the girls in baby-dolls, thought it was a good dream, until he saw Thomas (pg 56)
2%
6) AQB - Thomas teasingly using a dairy cow analogy to describe Greg as a donor.
No votes
7) LB - Everyone is horrified by Rachel’s statement to Etienne “if you’re a soulless blood sucker like you claim, one could be forgiven for trying to kill you”. That is all except for Marguerite who bursts out laughing.
No votes
8) LB - Rachel stating "It's my wet dream" (pg 101)
3%
9) LB - When Lucian sent for Rachel, Rachel reassures worried Etienne that she’s quite good with people and Etienne responds with "Uncle Lucian isn't people". (pp.239-240)
3%
10) LB - “I am not biting Muffin,” Rachel glared at Pudge as he dangled the small terrier in front of her.
No votes
11) LB - Mrs. Cravenshaw telling the police “He tried to eat my Muffin!” (pg 310)
2%
12) LB - Pudge thinking he turned into a Reinfield because Rachel had nicked him. (pg 332)
No votes
13) LB - Marguerite enquiring from Etienne whether he told Rachel he loved her or not. Etienne replying to his mother "she was in my head, she's just supposed to know!" (pg 347)
1%
14) LB - "How did I raise such stupid children?" Marguerite asked the room at large with disgust. (p.347)
2%
15) SWV - Lucern Argeneau’s indelicate response to all of Kate’s enquiries. "NO!" Sincerely, Lucern Argeneau (pg 2-5)
6%
16) SWV - Kate teasing the guys of having debbies when they were having a quick bag of blood out by the van. (pp.92-93)
2%
17) SWV - Kate walking in on Lucern as he was making a pass (biting) Chris Keyes.
1%
18) SWV - Lucern and Kate as they go to rob a blood bank (pg 206-211 )
1%
19) SWV - Lucern and the codpiece incident (pg 234-244)
6%
20) SWV - Lucern getting upset as he watches Buffy the Vampire slayer, calling her a stake happy girl. (pg 302)
2%
21) SWV - Kate in the basement talking to herself as she approaches the coffin with Etienne was lying in wait. (pp. 342-344)
2%
22) TDH - Bastien, Terri and Lucern walking in on Vincent as he was biting Bastien’s housekeeper in the ridiculous Dracula outfit he had on for his play Dracula, the musical.
2%
23) TDH - The incident of how Chris broke his leg by being hit by a toilet from the upstairs apartment.
1%
24) TDH - Bastien and Terri in Victoria's Secret with the snotty, stick-thin salesclerk. (pg 100-101)
1%
25) TDH - The catering delivery fiasco where Chris gets food poisoning. (pg 200-207)
No votes
26) TDH - Bastien attempting to explain himself to Terri by asking “Have you ever seen An American Werewolf in London?” (pg 351)
No votes
27) ABTR - Vincent closing the door on Jackie on first meeting her because she was a mortal. (pg 5)
1%
28) ABTR – Vincent whining about Jackie, the detective Bastien got to help him out. “But she’s mortal and…a girl!” (pg 6)
2%
29) ABTR – Vincent and Jackie shopping for appliances and their banter. “What?” Jackie asked in mid-sentence. “I like the way you say my name. So sharp, so concise--,” Vincent replied. “So annoyed,” Jackie shot back.
No votes
30) ABTR – Vincent was admiring Jackie’s suit and neck and noticed her eyeing his chest. “For heaven’s sake, stop looking at me like lunch!” Jackie said irritably as she stood up. “And, do you always have to wander around here shirtless?” After that Vincent took every opportunity to walk around half-naked. (pg 61)
No votes
31) ABTR – Darryl, the naked delivery guy that Jackie brought to Vincent's bedroom so he could feed. (pg 179-182 )
1%
32) ABTR - "Bad! No biting" Dante said firmly when Jackie was looking at Tiny and like he was a pizza (pg 254-255)
4%
33) ABTR – When Dante and Tomasso were teaching Jackie to hold back her fangs and when she succeeded they shouted “That-a girl!” and whirled her around the kitchen consecutively.
2%
34) BMIYC - Lucian tries to feed Leigh Alpo when she’s hungry.
5%
35) BMIYC - when Lucian is attempting to care for Leigh and Julius at the same time and the dog runs through the garbage trailing it through the house.
2%
36) BMIYC - Lucian sending images of him & Leigh on black satin sheets in the restaurant. (pg 196)
1%
37) BMIYC - When Rachel found the cheesy courting books like How to Get Laid Today that Lucian picked up to help him court Leigh.
2%
38) BMIYC - Thomas helping Lucian learn how to dance, specifically the waltz (pg 269 & 273)
4%
39) TAV - When the immortal wannabe, Vladimir Drake, showed up as one of Elvi’s suitors, Victor scared him away by showing Vlad his teeth then adding “Run along home, little boy. This is the big league and you’re missing more than the balls needed to play here.”
1%
40) TAV - Edward driving like a Sunday driver to the grocery store and Elvi’s suitors picking up her thoughts concerning Edward “he wasn’t too bright either because a smart man wouldn’t stand between a woman and cheesecake.”
3%
41) TAV - The trip to the grocery store when Elvi learned she could eat food. (pg 95-102)
2%
42) TAV - Elvi and all her suitors in the furniture store as they all tried out the mattress she liked. (pg 148-151)
2%
43) TAV – How crusty old Mabel was annoyed by DJ’s attraction and kept trying to fend him off but one of her comments to Elvi said it all… “And why does he wear such tight jeans?" (pg 168)
1%
44) TAV - Mike and Karen Knight explaining to Elvi why they had to kill her and asking her politely to come out into the open so they could stake her.
2%
45) TAV - Elvi automatically forgiving Mike and Karen for trying to kill her once they found out Owen was just pretending to be a vampire.
1%
46) TAV – When all of Elvi’s ‘suitors’ found lifemates in Port Henry, including Alessandro who found Elvi’s 84 year old neighbour, Mrs Ricci.
1%
47) VAF - Thomas tries to lie to Bastien that Inez’s ranting was actually a movie but Bastien reminds his cousin that he can speak Portuguese. (pg 20)
2%
48) VAF - Inez accusing Thomas after he bit her on the neck. “You bit me!” (pg 56)
2%
49) VAF - Inez shouts "I work for the DEVIL" and Thomas returns "Yes, well you should try being his cousin". (pg 62)
6%
50) VAF – When Thomas realizes he drank Sweet Ecstasy concentrate, which is ironic since he gave it to Etienne and Rachel without their knowledge. (pg 97)
1%
51) VAF - Inez, surprised to find Bastien in the kitchen at the townhouse in York, accidentally spills his drink. In her haste, she starts to mop up the drink, not realizing she was mopping up his lap.
No votes
52) VAF - Lucern talking to Thomas about Bastien after Inez almost gets killed. “How mad are you?” Lucern asks Thomas and the blood bag on his teeth pops as he clenches his jaw. "I guess that answers that question.” (pg 333)
2%
53) VI - Marguerite puts Tiny to sleep without asking, feels guilty as he is her friend and confesses to Tiny what she did. Tiny is indignant and asks her to never do it again. After a bit of time and still awake, Tiny asks Marguerite to put him back to sleep again. (pg 12)
1%
54) VI - Marguerite tells Tiny that he reminds her of her son Lucern as a boy. In response, Tiny says “Just what every man wants to hear from a beautiful woman he shared his bed with.”(pg 22)
2%
55) VI - Marguerite helps Tiny, who is a pretty big guy, off the floor after Julius threw him against the wall and Tiny tells her “Stop doing stuff like that Marguerite, you’ll give a guy a complex.”
No votes
56) VI - Tiny’s conversation with Marguerite in front of Julius and Christian Notte as he recalls where he heard the name Julius before “I've got it. Isn't your dog’s name Julius?” (pg 26)
2%
57) VI - Marguerite’s response back to Tiny “I’ve taught a lot of Julius’s to heel over the years.” (pg 27)
6%
58) VI - Marguerite dances and is completely surrounded by an entourage of very large men. (pg )
No votes
59) VI –When Julius and Christian were in the bathroom, Christian told Julius to pretend he was Marguerite, "What would you say?" (pg 102)
No votes

Total votes : 127

Re: Top 10 Funniest Argeneau Scenes

Postby Jewelz on June 26th, 2009, 7:10 am

Denise wrote:I'm re-reading and I just love CK's reaction to they guys in the buff. "What is it with you guys and being naked?" or something like that.

I thought it was hilarious. :lol:

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby marebear_2000 on October 1st, 2009, 4:37 am

now that REN is out, i think this poll needs a reissue. REN has some of the funniest scenes yet!
marebear_2000

Postby susan60625 on October 1st, 2009, 11:14 pm

Very true! So as not to spoil, all I'll say is that the last chapter of REN had me laughing so hard, it triggered an asthma attack! I'm just glad my inhaler was near-at-hand. I probably would have died rather than put down the book to look for it!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby orionsfaith on October 1st, 2009, 11:33 pm

susan60625 wrote:Very true! So as not to spoil, all I'll say is that the last chapter of REN had me laughing so hard, it triggered an asthma attack! I'm just glad my inhaler was near-at-hand. I probably would have died rather than put down the book to look for it!

I understand, I made the mistake of reading it in a quiet cafe and it was near torture to keep myself from laughing out loud over and over again, i still think the lady next to me thought I was having some issues
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby Copper on October 2nd, 2009, 2:12 am

same here so wnat to say more but i wont
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby susan60625 on October 2nd, 2009, 12:22 pm

orionsfaith wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Very true! So as not to spoil, all I'll say is that the last chapter of REN had me laughing so hard, it triggered an asthma attack! I'm just glad my inhaler was near-at-hand. I probably would have died rather than put down the book to look for it!

I understand, I made the mistake of reading it in a quiet cafe and it was near torture to keep myself from laughing out loud over and over again, i still think the lady next to me thought I was having some issues

LOL!

BTW Orionsfaith, congratulations on becoming "immortal"! I betcha didn't realize you'd been turned, did ya?
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Kath on October 2nd, 2009, 7:21 pm

orionsfaith wrote:

Uh oh! I haven't started mine yet (it just came today--finally!!) but I usually read on the subway. Oh well, I always have that problem with Lynsay's books -- laughing out loud and feeling like everyone's looking at me strangely. ;) :lol:
Kath

Postby Epona on October 16th, 2009, 5:28 pm

VAF Okay, from the ones I've read so far, the funniest is Thomas after he's drunk from Inez, and she won't let him in to explain, and the best he can come up with (to her, through the door), while on the phone to Bastien is, "He told me to".
Epona

Postby Denise on October 17th, 2009, 12:59 am

That whole bathroom scene in VAF is one of my all time favorites.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on October 17th, 2009, 9:24 am

My top 5 funniest scenes have changed since REN. They are now, as follows:

1. REN - The final showdown between the Argeneau women + Thomas vs. Lucian.
2. SWV - The "Debbies" in the parking lot.
3. BMIYC - The scene at the end when Leigh thought Lucian's privates were talking to her.
4. VAF - Thomas and Inez through the bathroom door.
5. TIH - When Bricker finds out what kind of doctor Dani is.

Of course, I reserve the right to make changes with new books, or even re-reads! :twisted:
susan60625

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series