Frustrated new fan!

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Frustrated new fan!

Postby DarkLilac on July 4th, 2008, 11:04 am

Ok, I understand they are rereleasing Single White Vampire, but as of right now, I can't get it anywhere! How frustrating! There is not anyone that is by any chance willing to sell theirs that is in decent condition?? :(:(

Oh, and Hi, and I'm new to the board....27 yr old mom of 2. Newly addicted to Lynsay. LOVE the books! :D
DarkLilac

Re: Frustrated new fan!

Postby wren on July 4th, 2008, 3:54 pm

Wecome, DarkLilac, new fellow addicted fan...we are so glad you have joined the forum and the crazy fun around here! Image We hear your pain about SWV, and sympathize. The problem is that Love Bites, Single White Vampire, and Tall, Dark & Hungry were released by Dorchester when Lynsay was writing for them.

Dorchester allowed Lynsay to take the Argeneau name and characters with her when she moved to Avon Publishing through some special contract negotiations, which is a rare but wonderful thing for us as usually when an author moves to another publishing house, all of their previous books and character rights remain with the original publisher. However, Dorchester still retains the rights and publishes the original three. (A Quick Bite, Lissianna's story, was published out of order when Lynsay moved to Avon, as it is actually the first book in the series.) Dorchester did a recent reprint of all three books, but they are snapped up so fast in the bookstores or all on backorder from the online book chains. I am guessing they are waiting for the new release before doing reprints on either of the original published Argeneaus.

The new cover style being released by Dorchester of Single White Vampire will match the covers that Avon has used while continuing the series...well, as close as possible between the way publishers do things. So don't despair...have you tried to get the book through interlibrary loan? If your local public library doesn't have Single White Vampire, or any others that you need that are currently not available, check with the librarian and see if you can order it through interlibrary loan from another library in their system. Then, in October, you will be able to buy the new release for your personal collection. Trust me, you will want all of Lynsay's books for your keeper shelf! Those of us on the forum reread the books frequently, especially when close to the release date for a new book! Image We are hoping the rerelease of Single White Vampire with the new cover art sells well enough that Dorchester will reprint Love Bites and Tall, Dark, & Hungry with matching covers. If I were betting, I would say that it will sell out everywhere very fast, so be prepared to order as soon as it is available!! Image

So, if no one has an extra copy of SWV, then try ILL through your public library. In the meantime, take a moment to fill out the Getting To Know You Questions and Quirky Questions in the General Discussion if you haven't done so yet, so we can all get to know each other better (it doesn't take long, and it's lots of fun) and make sure you sign up for Lynsay's great newsletter. It always has the latest news, straight from Lynsay, Dave, and Terri, along with fun puzzles and contests. The August contest prize is a signed Advanced Reading Copy of The Rogue Hunter! That is a very rare treat, as authors only get a few of them. ARCs are the copies sent to reviewers and booksellers and others before the absolute final copy is published. You can sign up for the newsletter from Lynsay's website home page! Lynsay also has a blog so you can read updates from her. I believe you can access it from the main website, also! If you need help, just ask...and please jump in anywhere in the discussion. We are always looking for new friends and new theories! Image

wren...the quiet one on the board...I seldom have a short reply to anything!! Image
wren

Postby DarkLilac on July 4th, 2008, 4:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you wren for that ...short... explanation.LOL I had found out most of that by reading around the forum when Barnes and noble cancelled my order twice, and would not give me a reason why they could not get ahold of a copy of the book. Buy.com is out of stock, while Amazon still says they have some, but I know that if I place an order with them, they will charge me but will wait until they get the new release. I'm a first edition addict though. So if I can find a good copy of the first edition, I'd love to buy it off someone. (I collect stephen king first editions...25 to date)
Thank you for your help though. I've read 3 in the series so far, out of order because Barnes and noble here cannot keep them in stock. I went to get "A quick bite" yesterday there, and the lady right in front of me was asking about Single White Vampire and we talked about how it was discontinued for the time being, Not knowing that she had just grabbed the last copy of A quick bite that I had just called about! I was so furious! So now the only book left was Vampire, Interrupted. So I got that one, and broke down and just bought the rest of the series(minus Single White Vampire) from B&N.com so I don't have to keep fighting everyone for the copies! It's frustrating! I don't live in a big city...why does everyone like the same author? LOL! I live in the Bible belt for crying out loud..they are not supposed to like vampire romances!
Anyway, Thanks for the reply. Look forward to getting to know you!!
DarkLilac

Postby sin on July 4th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Hello DarkLilac. You will find that wren is the quiet shy one of the group. She does not speak much. Image I understand exactly where you are coming from. I also live in the Bible Belt. I finally had to get the first 3 books released at a local used book store. Also I have pre-reserve the release of SWV & TRH from Borders. That way I am sure to get my copy when it comes out. Of course I am at the store when the doors open also.

Look forward to your input of the characters. Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Viv0323 on July 4th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Welcome! lol, I had a hard time looking for SWV too! I had my mom order all the Dorchester books for me as I couldn't find them in any bookstores... anyway. Look forward to having exciting discussions with you though I haven't been all that active here lately.... :lol:
Vivian
Viv0323

Postby wren on July 5th, 2008, 10:24 am

Yes, big sister C1, I know I'm not shy here (or anywhere...would you believe that I was the quiet girl in school those many years ago...only because I was always reading!) Since then then I've let everyone see my true colours! Image or is that Image It may depend on the mood of the day, huh? It's just I'm so worth all of these many words, kwim?! Image Occasionally, there is even a nugget of wisdom included. Not often, but it does happen!

DarkLilac, I just wasn't sure since you said you were new how much of the background you needed...but I like your sense of humour! 8-) You will fit right in with all of us on the forum! Oh, and I live right in the Bible Belt also, in spite of the words that get spelled the British English way! Image I grew up in the Deep South...any deeper and you're in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico going for a swim, except I have an aversion to swimming in the ocean/seas/rivers or anything associated, which is kind of sad for a gal who group up by the beaches...but my two sisters did turn out to be beach bunnies, even if I didn't! Give me a "swimming pool" anytime, even though Vincent & Etienne are two of my favourite Argeneau men. Ahh, but Vincent did have that nice pool to swim in with Jackie. Now there was a smart girl! She remembered JAWS!

See, that spelling thing happened again. It has become a habit! I spelled very well, until Mr. Spice mixed me up on the old forum. Image LOL It is definitly Dave's fault!! I just liked the way he spelled words, and now I'm the one who has to remember how to spell them the American way instead of the British/Canadian way of our favourite author and her sweetie. Oh well, it backfired on me, but I still like the way it looks...and I'm still blaming Mr. Spice for it because that's my story and I'm sticking to it! heehee
He may send me to my corner, but I don't think he will ban me for spelling words his way. That would be cruel and unsual punishment, don't you think? Oooh, do you think he would send me to the corner with a preview of the ARC prize for TRH due for August's newsletter contest! I know, such hard punishment, but I can take it...as long as he lets me read it, not just look at it from afar!

I wish I could help you on the Single White Vampire book, Dark Lilac...especially a first edition, but I've never had a first edition myself and I've been reading the Argeneaus for a long while. Btw, My Frog Prince (that's my dear hubby) collects Stephen King and usually gets those first edition also! I've read a couple of the esteemed Mr. Kings books, but as with swimming in water that has critters in it and may be too dark to see where your feet are, I don't do horror. Lynsay enjoys horror books and movies, though...just nothing depressing, IIRC. My Frog Prince claims he hasn't seen a scary movie since he met me, 22 years as of yesterday...it's good to meet your great love on a major holiday, because that helps him to remember that important date in his life...but he is exxagerating about not seeing any scary movies. As for seeing them with me, well, not so much...only a few...only when I had to...even Mr. King's movies...don't do scary stuff! LOL The Frog Prince speaks almost as much as...Lucern...or Bastien when My Frog Prince isn't grumpy (and for being one of the younger immortals, Bastien is almost as grumpy as the old guys, if you think about it) so I have to use up my extra 30,000 words with y'all! Image Otherwise, he might get turned back into just a frog with a crushed crown...{giggle}...the real crown, not his head! Sheesh!! My powers are great, but I still want to keep him around! LOL Otoh, he might duck tape my mouth shut instead.Image So you are doing a service to this wonderful marriage to let me share all my words with you...Image...bless your sweet little hearts! Image

SWV is a favourite for me, because it is the first Lynsay Sands book that I read, and must have been around the time that she moved publishers. So, I didn't discover her in time to get a first edition of the Dorchester books.
I wish I could help you, DarkLilac! I might find a copy with the cartoon cover, but not one with the raised font, etc., of a first edition. I also read the series out of order the first time. There is so much in the books, though, that a second reading savouring them helps you pick up on clues and details that you missed the first time.

I know, this isn't a quick reply either, although I have had those that were only two sentences before. I've also had a single word post once, but that was on the old forum and it was in a style where we had to "bump" up threads. Once I only put "bump" just to prove I could do it! :mrgreen:

Hi, Viv...it's good to see you back, and hope you will be posting on a regular basis again! Image

wren...and my infamous little cauldron Image...although I have promised Mr. Spice I will be good. Image{sigh} I am trying ever so hard to do so! Maybe if I write it a few times it will help...I will be good, I will be good, I will be good. Image Hey, look sin Image does it appear to be helping? Doubtful, but I can try!Image It is time to change my avatar again though... "She of the purple pouty pixie fairy of great Attitude avatar" has completed her job...and I'm, dare I say it...I'm "sweet and cheerful!" Hey, I go get the Gypsy today, which means really good coffee coming up! ttfn...Image
Last edited by wren on July 5th, 2008, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Postby sin on July 5th, 2008, 10:36 am

yep

sin

Postby wren on July 5th, 2008, 11:11 am

sin wrote:yep

No fair big sis...a one word post? Just YEP! Well, is it yep, as in it is helping to write out "I will be good," yep as in it should be the green witch, yep as in I need to go to my corner and either Mr. Spice or you will probably put me there soon, yep as in it is doubtful I can be good for very long, yep as in My Frog Prince gets a lot of relief by not having to listen to all of my words each day...btw, how many know you had to spend a few hours on the phone with me...notice I didn't mention how many "few hours" Image or just yep to all of it??? Poor little boggled middle sis! Image Oh, and I really am such a good girl! Image It's true!! heeheehee

Momma just called, so I gotta go for now...y'all get a break!Image

DarkLilac, to understand the AE4 sisters and others, including Gypsy who is my irl sister, check under What's the ? topic on the general discussion. It will help you sort some of us out! LOL
wren

Postby sin on July 5th, 2008, 11:15 am

Another one word post:
LUCIAN! Image

sin

Postby wren on July 5th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Well...since I'm going near those waters I won't get into...another few words...Imagemy faves VINCENT and BASTIEN, THOMAS, ETIENNE, CHRISTIAN, and...sorry, big sis, but I have to go with the one older vamp that is truly in my heart...LUCERN! How could I not, when My Frog Prince can be so like him and I can be so like Kate? Image Besides, Single White Vampire was my first Argeneau book!

Image OH, So much for being good...maybe Mr. Spice will settle for me just behaving myself within the forum rules, ya think? Image
wren

Next

Return to Discuss the Series