Frustrated new fan!

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Frustrated new fan!

Postby DarkLilac on July 10th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Mr Spice wrote:Single White Vampire - with the cartoon cover - is available for immediate despatch from Amazon.

The new version with the change of cover illustration isn't available until November.

I might go ahead and order a copy once I have something else to buy to avoid paying $10 with shipping for it. :roll: gotta love shipping killing deals
DarkLilac

Postby DarkLilac on July 14th, 2008, 11:25 am

Thank you Denise!!! I appreciate it SO much. You're an angel!
DarkLilac

Postby Copper on July 14th, 2008, 11:57 am

aww thats so cute :D :D
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Denise on July 14th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Well, you are quite welcome. Glad to see it made it. Sorry it wasn't in pristine condition but at least you have a copy to read until the new releases come out. I plan to buy one of the new cover versions. That'll give me four copies of the book :roll:
Denise

Postby lisa on July 20th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Dark Lilac, I also live in the bible belt and find it hard to explain to other book loving people about the Argeneau family. They get turned off by the idea of vampires. I usually explain it is about a hilarious family with vampire issues. LOL! I probably wouldnt have picked up SWV myself if it hadnt had that cute little bat and cartoon cover! It has been easier to find the newer books since Lynsay has been more popular in the NYT listing. My co workers now think I like to read horror books and nothing could be further from the truth. Stephen King and Dean Koontz books scare me !
lisa

Postby alabaster on July 20th, 2008, 3:30 pm

Lisa,

I'm a lot like you I think.. LIve in the bible belt. check. Most dean koontz and Stephen king scare me unconditionally. In fact in The Shining, I cant read it. There's this scary horribly disgusting lady that lives in a bathtub in my mind that likes to scare the bejesus out of me. I mean....

Ok so there is no woman in a bathtub in mind, but when i get to that scene i freak. I love The Argeneaus I try to explain it to others, and they look at me a little strange, but i have turned numerous people onto the series that didn't even like romance to begin with. That is cool :D

Again, I have found oh.. five of my books, and I do not have a quick bite atm, i do have love bites with etienne. Who I love.

Oh the reason I wrote, some of dean koontz books are amazing and I will read cover to cover over and over again. Those are the ones that aren't insanely scary, though. LIke Dark Rivers of the Heart. It's a beautiful book, and there is a dog inside it that is just wow.

Anywhoo. I'm glad you got a copy of the book :D
alabaster

Postby DarkLilac on July 20th, 2008, 7:48 pm

alabaster wrote:Lisa,

I'm a lot like you I think.. LIve in the bible belt. check. Most dean koontz and Stephen king scare me unconditionally. In fact in The Shining, I cant read it. There's this scary horribly disgusting lady that lives in a bathtub in my mind that likes to scare the bejesus out of me. I mean....

Ok so there is no woman in a bathtub in mind, but when i get to that scene i freak. I love The Argeneaus I try to explain it to others, and they look at me a little strange, but i have turned numerous people onto the series that didn't even like romance to begin with. That is cool :D

Again, I have found oh.. five of my books, and I do not have a quick bite atm, i do have love bites with etienne. Who I love.

Oh the reason I wrote, some of dean koontz books are amazing and I will read cover to cover over and over again. Those are the ones that aren't insanely scary, though. LIke Dark Rivers of the Heart. It's a beautiful book, and there is a dog inside it that is just wow.

Anywhoo. I'm glad you got a copy of the book :D

Do you read is Odd Thomas series? I don't really find them TOO scary...but great books.
DarkLilac

Postby alabaster on July 21st, 2008, 12:00 pm

i havent been able to get into the odd series :( i tried with the first one, bought it and.. nothing. it was kind of strange actually :( My sister in law loves them though lol
alabaster

Postby DarkLilac on July 21st, 2008, 8:28 pm

alabaster wrote:i havent been able to get into the odd series :( i tried with the first one, bought it and.. nothing. it was kind of strange actually :( My sister in law loves them though lol

I'm not a HUGE fan...but I do like them.
I'm reading so many series it's not funny! I read Dean Koontz' Odd Thomas series, Lynsay Sands' Argeneaus' series, Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series, and also Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. I tell ya...keeps me busy all year long with new releases! My husband is going crazy with how much money I spend at Barnes and Noble!
DarkLilac

Postby Denise on July 22nd, 2008, 1:19 am

WARRIORPOET----

My sister brought the books back, so I need you to contact me through the Yahoo! group or the Google group. They are mentioned in the Argeneau Addicts Anonymous thread.
Denise

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series