Conference in Washington

Re: Conference in Washington

Postby wren on July 1st, 2009, 8:46 am

Here we go, Sue! This is the list of planned sites for the next few years on the RWA conference page! Maybe it will help some of us plan for an opportunity or be able to check ahead of time if Lynsay will be there! :) My best hope is probably 2013 or 2014...ever the optimist! Image

Future RWA Conference Sites
Year Date Location

2009 July 15-18 - Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington D.C

2010 July 28-31 - Gaylord Opryland Nashville

2011 June 28–July 1 - New York Marriott Marquis

2012 July 25-28 - Anaheim Marriott

2013 July 17-21 - Atlanta Marriott Marquis

2014 July 23-26 - San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter & Marriott Riverwalk

2015 July 22-25 - New York Marriott Marquis

2016 July 13-16 - San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina
wren

Postby susan60625 on July 1st, 2009, 7:55 pm

Thanks, Wren! Atlanta may be the ticket for me. My sister, brother-in-law and three nieces just moved there and I would have a free place to stay! But we will have to see when it gets closer.

BTW, really, no offense taken. I guess my attempt at humor went by the wayside. Ooops! I knew you were kidding!

Thanks for the official welcome. I'm really enjoying getting to know all of you and learning the ropes. I've visited many other author sites and no where is there a place like this to discuss things so respectfully and friendly. On one group site on Yahoo for another author, the bloggers chased the author away from her own site, because some of them couldn't get past the fact that she finally revealed that she had been writing under a pseudonym. None of that here, I see.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MsKitty on July 1st, 2009, 10:28 pm

Hey Susan60625!!

No - No secret identities here!! We're all to out there to be secret :lol: :lol: & we're all comfortable enough to say what we like & dislike to each other - very civilised!! & also very helpful, it's a great forum!!

I was wondering where you were!! Hadn't seen any posts for a while!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby wren on July 2nd, 2009, 3:31 am

Hi Susan60625! Image

I thought you were just teasing! I had noticed you hadn't been around as much either, but with summertime, forum friends are often in & out with vacations and other stuff that's happening!

Looks like it might be a group of us that could try for the Atlanta Conference...Image Hear that Mr. Spice...we'll need Lynsay, Tori, & you (forget the peace & quiet...we want to torment you in person :lol: ) to consider the Atlanta RWA Conference in 2013! That gives us time to prepare for travel and save financially for the event, and try to get as many of us SAs together as possible! I know...such bliss for you! <grin>
wren

Postby Mr Spice on July 2nd, 2009, 10:30 am

wren wrote: Hear that Mr. Spice...we'll need Lynsay, Tori, & you (forget the peace & quiet...we want to torment you in person :lol: ) to consider the Atlanta RWA Conference in 2013!

2013? I'll be four years older, even more grumpy and probably in even greater need of peace & quiet.

I'll give it some thought.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Mabel48 on July 2nd, 2009, 11:05 am

Mr Spice wrote:
wren wrote: Hear that Mr. Spice...we'll need Lynsay, Tori, & you (forget the peace & quiet...we want to torment you in person :lol: ) to consider the Atlanta RWA Conference in 2013!

2013? I'll be four years older, even more grumpy and probably in even greater need of peace & quiet.

Now you really do sound like Lucern!
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby ~Linda~ on July 2nd, 2009, 6:30 pm

Lynsay wrote:Okay, so thought I should mention that Terri, aka Tori the house elf (or on occasion like when she's bossing me about, the Terror) and I shall be at the RWA conference in Washington DC July 15 through 19th and I shall be signing at the Literacy signing as well as the Avon signing there. The conference is at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.

Lynsay

I am going to be there! It is not far from me. My friends from Cal. are coming to visit me and we are going to hit the signing! wooo hooo
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby susan60625 on July 2nd, 2009, 6:31 pm

wren wrote: I had noticed you hadn't been around as much either, but with summertime, forum friends are often in & out with vacations and other stuff that's happening!

I had been away for awhile, but not because of something fun. My network card died on my computer and I was without internet for 10 days. Not fun for someone as addicted as I am!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on July 3rd, 2009, 7:19 pm

susan60625 wrote:
wren wrote: I had noticed you hadn't been around as much either, but with summertime, forum friends are often in & out with vacations and other stuff that's happening!

I had been away for awhile, but not because of something fun. My network card died on my computer and I was without internet for 10 days. Not fun for someone as addicted as I am!

Ewww...not for me either! We had lots of internet trouble during the past winter months, and it was so frustrating....glad you have it worked out and are back now! :D
wren

Postby MsKitty on July 4th, 2009, 1:30 am

Mr Spice wrote:

But Mr.Spice!! We're ALL such quiet, shy flowers who wouldn't say Boo to a ghost... ANd you know we like grumpy men so you'll be OK!! :lol:
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming conferences