New family tree

Discuss the Argeneau family tree.

Re: New family tree

Postby Kath on August 14th, 2009, 6:40 pm

susan60625 wrote:
Mr Spice wrote:
MsKitty wrote:Hey Denise!!

Umm... what's a cottonmouth?? I've only ever had run ins with brown snakes when I was growing up!

It's one of those snakes from the southern states and has those impecable and refined Old South good manners. It has evolved to be so polite that it heads for the cotton fields first thing in the morning and fills it's mouth with cotton bolls straight from the plant so that it is unable to bite anyone and do them any harm. It's known to naturalists all over the world as the planet's most civil and genteel reptile.

Nice try, Mr. Spice, and actually I like your version better!

Actually, MsKitty, a cottonmouth is just another name for a copperhead snake. When the snake opens it mouth to strike, the inside is white. Hence, the nickname cottonmouth.

Very funny, Mr Spice. Did you discover that while hiding behind your tree? ;) :D

PS: Take note of what Mr Spice has listed as his "location". :roll: Instead of "Canada" or something, he has "Behind a tree". Image Mr. Spice, you are truly hilarious!
Kath

Postby wren on August 15th, 2009, 10:30 am

susan60625 wrote:
Mr Spice wrote:
MsKitty wrote:Hey Denise!!

Umm... what's a cottonmouth?? I've only ever had run ins with brown snakes when I was growing up!

It's one of those snakes from the southern states and has those impecable and refined Old South good manners. It has evolved to be so polite that it heads for the cotton fields first thing in the morning and fills it's mouth with cotton bolls straight from the plant so that it is unable to bite anyone and do them any harm. It's known to naturalists all over the world as the planet's most civil and genteel reptile.

Nice try, Mr. Spice, and actually I like your version better!

Actually, MsKitty, a cottonmouth is just another name for a copperhead snake. When the snake opens it mouth to strike, the inside is white. Hence, the nickname cottonmouth.

I prefer Mr Spice's version also...especially since we have all these snakes where I live, too, among others...but these are the venomous snakes. I haven't found any of them to be genteel or civil reptiles, but I do admit to being snake phobic. If they want to use their refined Old South impeccably good manners, they should stay away from my house! I promise I won't bother them if they stay away from me!!!! :D

From Merriam-Webster online ~

vipers : a venomous or reputedly venomous snake
pit vipers : any of various mostly New World vipers with a sensory pit on each side of the head and hollow perforated retractable fangs

Copperhead : a common pit viper of the eastern and central United States usually having a copper-colored head and often a reddish-brown hourglass pattern on the body

Water Moccasin : a venomous semiaquatic pit viper chiefly of the southeastern United States that is closely related to the copperhead —called also cottonmouth, cottonmouth moccasin

Rattlesnake : any of several American pit vipers that have horny interlocking joints at the end of the tail which make a sharp rattling sound when shaken

We have had two snakes get in the house in the last 10 years, and one by the mailbox. (That's three snakes to many for me ~ and I've seen others, but they weren't near my house.) I think the one that my dear hubby caught in my Tupperware pitcher was a cottonmouth (we have a small lake in our neighborhood and it is also very wooded out where we live)...dh said it was a baby but I insisted he kill it anyway and I threw out that pitcher. Yucky snake germs!! Our neighbors had one get in their swimming pool. I wonder how the chlorine treatments affected it. I think it was a black runner (aka black racer - a nonvenomous snake that moves very quickly) by the mailbox, but thankfully, I was in my vehicle and it didn't move until I pulled away!

But be they venomous, nonvenomous, good, bad, dead, alive, or fake...I DON'T LIKE ANY SNAKES. Gypsy (my sister) told me a garter snake (nonvenomous...she would pick them up & hold them :( ) was living in my Lantana flowers planted in a very large pot just outside my front porch, and I wouldn't go near it for a month...until she was here last week and hunted through everything making sure it had moved on. She would sit out front having coffee, watching nature, and talking on the phone to our other sister and watch it...then told me about it just before she left to go to the gulf coast. After she came back and made sure it was gone, she said she even told the worms to go away...just in case I mistakenly thought they were baby snakes! :lol:
wren

Postby sin on August 15th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Will there be a updated family tree in the next book?

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Mr Spice on August 15th, 2009, 5:11 pm

sin wrote:Will there be a updated family tree in the next book?

No! I think any future family tree will be posted on the website.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby sin on August 15th, 2009, 5:13 pm

thank you..

sin

Postby Kath on August 15th, 2009, 5:32 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
sin wrote:Will there be a updated family tree in the next book?

No! I think any future family tree will be posted on the website.

Don't trust the publisher with that anymore, huh? After they made that mistake and gave away the punch line from Vampire Interrupted... Plus, it's getting too big to fit now, isn't it? That's ok. I print it out, fold it up and use it as a book mark -- so it's always handy when reading the books. :lol:

(And, thanks sin, for bringing this thread back to topic. It was getting "a bit" off track. :roll: )
Kath

Postby sin on August 15th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Kath wrote:(And, thanks sin, for bringing this thread back to topic. It was getting "a bit" off track. :roll: )

Glad to help Kath. That is why I commented about the previous on the other thread.. ;) (more randomness I think)

sin

Postby sin on August 15th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Also I put all of the information ie: DOB, lifemates, siblings, etc in a spreadsheet. Along with the book covers. Easy for referencing..

sin

Postby Copper on August 23rd, 2009, 5:26 am

Kath wrote: Plus, it's getting too big to fit now, isn't it? That's ok. I print it out, fold it up and use it as a book mark -- so it's always handy when reading the books. :lol:

thats completly pure genius thanks kath :) will be doing that now
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby MsKitty on August 23rd, 2009, 7:01 am

I have an A4 Binder book waiting for me to write down such information when I do my next re-read!! But I will be printing the Family Tree to stick in there now!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

PreviousNext

Return to Family tree