Popular Topics - Sticky or Bumpy ?

Discussion and suggestions to make our online community the best it can be.

Popular Topics - Sticky or Bumpy ?

Postby terri on October 20th, 2009, 10:47 am

Hi All!

I have recently had a suggestion to 'lock' a topic so it doesn't have to be bumped up intermittently. This particular topic doesn't have a lot of posts but is a very popular topic so it has been bumped up repeatedly.

Now I did make the topic sticky (naming meaning and origins) which is indicated by the squiggly line to the left of it. If there are other topics that some of you believe need to be made 'sticky' then let myself or Mr.Spice know and we'll take your suggestions into consideration.

Now I did allow registered users to 'bump' topics but unfortunately I have not found the 'bump a topic' link yet so I'm not sure if this change took. But if it's there it should allow users to bump a topic without having to post to it.

Ok... I think that's it. Later Gators.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Re: Discussing Topics and Forums

Postby susan60625 on October 20th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Terri,

It might be nice to have subforums for the games and any polls that we've had in the past and any new ones. I don't know about old topics, as I haven't been on the boards as long as some of the others. I'll let the rest of them give you other ideas.

Sue
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Re: Popular Topics - Sticky or Bumpy ?

Postby sin on October 20th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Thank you so much Terri.. ~hugs Wren & Sin~

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Kath on December 26th, 2009, 3:07 pm

susan60625 wrote:Terri,

It might be nice to have subforums for the games and any polls that we've had in the past and any new ones. I don't know about old topics, as I haven't been on the boards as long as some of the others. I'll let the rest of them give you other ideas.

Sue

Yeah, we need a subforum/forum for the games and maybe the polls but definitely the games. It would be much easier for newbies to find and join in on the games (esp. important when the game threads haven't been active for awhile). Perhaps, at the same level as the fairly new "Suggestions" forum.

Yeah, it definitely should be visible from the board index page. That way guests and newbies can see right away that since we have games, we are a "fun" forum to join.

Note: I kept getting a General Error every time I tried to post this to its own New topic. I tried under Suggestions and General Discussion. Was I doing something wrong? I've created new topics before...huh???
Kath

Postby Denise on December 27th, 2009, 2:58 am

Kath wrote:Note: I kept getting a General Error every time I tried to post this to its own New topic. I tried under Suggestions and General Discussion. Was I doing something wrong? I've created new topics before...huh???

Me, too.
Denise

Return to Suggestions