Taming the Highland Bride

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: Taming the Highland Bride

Postby wren on April 19th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Jewelz wrote:
wren wrote:I can't read the thread yet because I'm a little more than halfway through the book...but every time a read one of your historicals, Lynsay, it becomes the favourite!! I love Merry! Can't wait to see how this is going to end...I know Edda is behind it somehow, but haven't figured out the how...or even the why yet...I love all the suspense that goes along with the humour in the hystericals!
Anyway, just checking in between reading! Will come up for air after I finish both of the new historicals and can take part in the discussion! :)
I can say that I'll never view "chicken necks" the same way again! :lol:

Merry is my favorite out of all the female characters in this series. The whole chicken -neck term and the idea of Merry consummating the marriage herself had me ROGLMAO!!! :lol: :D :lol: I can hear and imagine Merry's expressions. I can just see Merry barking orders like "carry yer laird's worthless hide up to his bed". Merry knocking Brody senseless for trying to force himself on an unwilling maid was justified. She's an entertaining character. Cullen was my favorite of the three men. I love all the characters. I hope you plan write Ian and Will's books. No pressure of course. :lol: Oh, what would my life be like without your books or this forum. It like therapy or a stress reliever to me. Wren said it best the other night when she said to me, "there's a reason why we've crossed paths".

Thank you, my precious-gems sis!! :)

Merry is my favourite, too! I think Merry is my fave of all Lynsay's historical heroines, and that is saying something because there are so many that are fantastic. There just seems to be something special about her, though! I've spent more time re-reading our Argeneau series, so I need to go back and read all the historical books again. Out of the heroes in the Scottish trilogy, I haven't decided which is my fave yet...that means a definite re-read is needed pronto! :D

Umm...no pressure at all, dear Lynsay! I just want a full series based on the Scottish books! ;) :D
wren

Postby susan60625 on May 9th, 2010, 11:49 am

I love Merry! I love her strength, her courage and her spirit. I'm really disappointed with Godfrey. I was loving his character until the end. However, I understand why Alex let the matter go at the end. He really was as much a victim of his addiction as Merry's brothers and father were. It's just a shame that Edda was able to twist him into being her flunky. I absolutely loved the scene at Cullen and Evelinde's home when Alex was being forced back into bed by the women and Cullen stood in the door laughing. I can just picture the scene. I was cracking up as well. Poor guy! I guess sometimes you just have to bow to the inevitable! I'd love to find out if Merry had a boy or a girl! (HINT!)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Goober on November 15th, 2010, 10:43 am

I loved the book. But honestly if I was Alex I'd be pretty peeved about constantly getting knocked out and for so long too.
And I kind of hope Gawain (Kade & Mary's sober brother) get his own story- or at least we get to meet him more for the next story. I hope he at least gets a little Image next time he's around. ;)
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby Denise on November 18th, 2010, 1:19 am

[OT] Hi, Goober! Welcome to the forum!

[and now back to our regularly scheduled topic....]
Denise

Postby Goober on January 5th, 2011, 5:29 pm

*waves* hi Denise! Thanks for the welcome!

[sorry it took me so long to get back here, i forget my username & password a lot of the time :(]
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby ElectricFedora on February 5th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Hey Lynsay is their any plans to continue with characters from the Highland series?
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby susan60625 on August 20th, 2011, 8:22 pm

I don't know if any of you caught this on Lynsay's FB page, but the book she is currently working on is Ian's from this series!!! I almost forgot who he was in the series! Definitely time for a re-read!
susan60625

Postby Denise on August 26th, 2011, 1:23 pm

Thanks for the info, Sue. I missed it, but def. looking forward to the book!
Denise

Postby susan60625 on August 26th, 2011, 5:25 pm

I'm about half-way through my re-read of these books. I'm currently enjoying Merriwen's wedding night! It cracks me up every time!
susan60625

Previous

Return to Discuss the books