Sands/Howell anthologies

Sands/Howell anthologies

Postby Denise on May 8th, 2008, 3:07 am

Just wanted to say that if you haven't picked up the Sands/Howell anthology stories, you should. I have really enjoyed them and hope to see more coming.
Denise

Re: Sands/Howell anthologies

Postby GiGi3 on May 8th, 2008, 9:04 am

I have to admit.....I used to read the HANNAH HOWELL "HIGHLAND" series, but I was getting a little bored with them. The anthologies with Lynsay are much better. They go into more detail. They are also quit funny! I agree everyone should give hem a try if they haven't!!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby Kelli on May 8th, 2008, 6:26 pm

oh I loved these! I read them both yesterday and today. I loved Lucy and Brona so much and then Bothan was great, but poor Calum was cranky lol I would be too if someone "rescued" me like Sarra did. I really liked the medieval vampires but I was curious why that only Heming was told his mate could drink his blood to live longer and it was never mentioned in either of the three's (Tearlach, Calum, Bothan) stories.

KeL

Kelli

Postby Denise on May 8th, 2008, 8:05 pm

It's been a while since I read them and can't remember the details except they were trying to figure out why the true-bloods weren't having many children.
Denise

Postby jill on May 8th, 2008, 10:47 pm

I liked the Lynsays stories in the anthologies. My favorite was the first one - The Highland Bride. Eva was such a great character.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Octavia on May 27th, 2008, 3:20 pm

I just read The Eternal Highlander and I thought it was great. I specifically liked Lynsay's story because there was a hint at the end that Connall could make Eva live longer, which I think was missing from Howell's story. Of course sometimes I read to fast so I could have missed it.
Octavia

Postby lisa on July 13th, 2008, 5:02 pm

I love the anthologies with Lynsay and Hannah! I have been a fan of both authors before they had an anthology. I am eagerly waiting for an excerpt for the anthology!!! I know there will be lots of excitment in the Spice household with the RWA conference and the sale/ purchase of the newest Spice acres. If anyone sees an excerpt of the new anthology, please let me know.
lisa

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 7:16 am

I thought i had seen about a new medieval vampire story to come out, but i havnt seen reference lately. ANy idea about newer storylines?
lisa

Postby Mr Spice on October 5th, 2008, 10:53 am

Sorry Lisa, There are no anthoolgies with Hannah in the pipeline and nothing has been mentioned about doing anything in the near future.

Lynsay is presently tied to contracts which requires her to write exclusively for Avon but, since she has just completed a third historical for them (all three are still awaiting publication) and which means one of the contracts is complete and up for re-negotiation, this situation could change.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Rats!!! I really liked those characters and wanted them to continue. Thanks for letting me know :(
lisa

Next

Return to Discuss the medieval vampire stories