What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Postby wren on May 29th, 2008, 8:18 am

I've had this topic in mind for awhile, but I've only just had the time to get on the forum and catch up. Soooo, I'll begin, and hope you will join me! Image

My first avatar was of a pretty pink birdhouse with two bleeding-heart wrens, and I had this quote: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." ~ Judy Garland

Well, the wrens were for my nickname, but the quote was something I had come across several years back. Judy Garland was a fabulous well-known actress who had a lot of problems in her life, but supposedly this was the advice she gave to her daughter. I like the quote, because we are each unique, and it's best to be who we really are and put our heart into it while doing so.

I then changed the avatar to a purple fairy that sin had sent to me when I was in one of my down moods! She is pouting, and she says: "I LOVE MY ATTITUDE! ~ Don't look at me, Don't talk to me, Don't try to be my friend, Your eyes are touching me! Your lips are making noise! AND I don't like you!" LOL Sometimes that is the real wren's attitude, as my AE4 sister sin knows and my irl sister Gypsy knows...actually it sounds a lot like the way Gypsy, Seashell, and I used to talk in the car on long rides as children. As my siblings are twins, and I'm older by almost four years, I was always put between them! Today, we almost always get along... :mrgreen:

Anyway, moving on...sin made me the lovely W2 of AE4 glitter signature...to know more about the AE4, see the What's the ? topic begun by Jill on this section of the forum...and then I made the matching wren in the purple glitter because I love the colour purple and it was fun to do! Also, there was a pink ribbon in memory of my friend Tammy, a survivor of breast cancer who died last December in a tragic car accident as the result of being hit by a drunk driver. There was also a green ribbon, which stands for both Bipolar Disorder and Tourette's Syndrome, with which I live. Now you know why my AE4 sisters and irl sisters think the purple pouty fairy fits me so well...and why I thought she was so amusing.Image Might as well be able to laugh at yourself and have fun when you can, as there are always enough worries for each day! Actually, my attitude has improved greatly since getting the correct care...now I am able to find a lot of things funny in life.

That's why Lynsay's books are the best...they bring love and laughter into our lives, kwim? :D So, that is why I love this forum, and now you know why I've chosen these avatars and signatures...although, kwowing me, they will change again eventually. That is part of the fun, after all! ;)

Okay, someone else's turn...this isn't as hard as one of my Quizinator quizzes, after all! :shock:
Last edited by wren on May 31st, 2008, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Re: What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Postby sin on May 29th, 2008, 8:58 am

Thank you sis..Glad you like the purple fairy. As well as the glitter signatures.
Well mine is of my little 4 foot. I made Hooch an ID card for the vet. Seeing as how my father is retired military, he has her registered on post. Everyone must shoe ID going on post. So I made her her own.. I call that her mug shot. Had to shrink it so much to fit that is what it looks like.

She is my rescue kitty. And believe me she takes after her momma. If I am in a bad mood, she is. If I do not like or am mad at someone, so is she...I changed my name from Cindy on the old forum to sin here. In all of my groups that is the name I go by. The same with most of my e-mails.

I acquired that particular nickname ages ago. My best friend called be that . We were known as Sin & Sam. Her name was Vivian. So when people ask about it I comment "Sin as in the original or 7 deadly" Yes I can live up to my name.
Some say it is short for Cindy. But I prefer my spelling over Cin..To quote Wren. KWIM???

As for a quote at this time I do no have one.

Next...

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Stauri on May 29th, 2008, 9:24 am

Well let's see. I was playing around with the Yahoo Avatars until my tattoo is finished and then I will put that on my avatar slot. I thought is the closest depiction of what I look like now, other than my eyes are quite that huge and I'm not 1" tall.

My quote is something I found in one of Voltaire's writings. I love reading his work, because it has a dry humor to it, which we all know I love. That's why everyone knows who my favorite Argeneau is. Right Jill?

As for my signature, I haven't found pixie dust yet, so to that was the closest thing I could find at this point. My nickname and screen name I have had since my early teens. My best friend in high school's mother named me that. She was introducing me to family and switched the first few letters on my first and last names and it stuck. That was also my stage name, when we formed a female rock band in high school (but we're not going there).

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby Alyssa321 on May 29th, 2008, 10:46 am

Hmmm, if I was smart enough I could possibly get an avatar! Unfortunately I can never get it work for me. Wren I love your avatar! It actually reflects my everyday attitude! As for my signature, it comes from the courage and strength I see from my daughters, my little one who cannot walk, yet strives to, she can’t talk but she sure can get her point across! Her little love bug hugs are so precious! My older daughter has a teacher who tries to tell me she isn’t smart, huh? And here I thought teachers are supposed to help them learn not degrade them so they think their learning disabled. Anyway before I go off an a tangent, suffering can only make you stronger, I try to hold the banner up for my kids even when everyone else is telling me different, every day is a fight, and maybe someday I will see the difference made.
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. ~Kahlil
Alyssa321

Postby Stauri on May 29th, 2008, 11:49 am

You're awesome Alyssa321, I left you a reply on the Quirky Questions response thread.

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby Alyssa321 on May 29th, 2008, 4:01 pm

Whee! I got a little smart, my avatar, Eeyore my favorite Winnie the Pooh character.
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. ~Kahlil
Alyssa321

Postby Copper on May 30th, 2008, 4:59 am

ok well my name is a family thing because i live in a house called coppertop so thats where that came from

my photo is one i found on the net that i really liked coz it was blue i was trying to post one of my drawings but it was too big

my quote is an edited version of the Serenity speech love the move :D :D
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on May 31st, 2008, 3:08 am

Hmmm...as you can see, I've already changed it again. I decided to simplify! Image

I put on a picture of my purrfect princess! I was amazed that I got it to the correct size. sin & Gypsy have taught me a lot! Need computer help, ask one of them, and they can almost always tell you how or find it for you!

SusieKat is giving you her "put one hand near me to make me move, and you may lose it" look out of her "I'm so innocent" gold eyes!! All 18 lbs. of her is sitting on a single placemat on my table, where she knows she is not supposed to be. Gypsy couldn't resist, and snapped a quick picture before SusieKat was moved from her self-appointed throne! Image She is a loved and adored princess, and spoiled like her human momma, but she has many other great places to plant herself! :D
wren

Postby ~Linda~ on May 31st, 2008, 11:05 pm

Lol mine is a quote from Denise Miller.... he is so funny. And it fits me lol
And as for my avatar I had to give up my .......sniff sniff....... sigh..... beloved caffine.
I still drink my coffee but 98% of the time it is decaf.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby wren on June 1st, 2008, 5:26 am

Alyssa321, thank you! I really like my purple pouty fairy. I've changed it already to my purrfect princess kitty, but she has the same attitude in real life! ;) I think I just like playing with all the choices! LOL

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and her teacher. It doesn't excuse it, but sometimes teachers get so stressed with the responsibilities and extra duties they have, that they don't have the time to give to their individual students the way they would like, which is why they became a teacher in the first place. It has been many years since I taught in public school, and that was one of my greatest frustrations. However, there are still many more great teachers who keep a happier dispostion and are encouraging to each child in their care! I hope next school year, your older daughter has one of those teachers.

I personally don't care for the term "learning disabled." Yes, some children and adults need extra help, but we must be careful about labels. If we must have a label, then we are all "differently-abled" throughout our lives. We all learn differently, and in a class of 25-30 children, no child is going to learn at the same rate or in the same way as another child. Please continue to encourage your older daughter and help her value herself as a unique individual, just as you are doing with your younger daughter. Please allow us to encourage you at the same time. You are a true heroine!

Btw, Eeyore is my favorite Winnie-the-Pooh character, also! :D
wren

Next

Return to General Discussion