♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Featured Character! ƸӜƷ♥

This is where the fun stuff lives

♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Featured Character! ƸӜƷ♥

Postby wren on April 28th, 2010, 6:09 am

Due to popular demand and as promised, Quizinators MsKitty and wren are opening another *Character of the Week* thread to honor our fave hysterical historical characters...except NO FAN FICTION, please! Let's abide by our forum rules and Lynsay's contract obligations! There, it's at the top of the thread, so we can stop repeating it. We asked Jewelz to choose our first character to open the new thread this week, and she has chosen a character from the new Scottish Trilogy (that we historical readers hope will become a much longer series, and we have made Lynsay very aware of that, each one in our own unique ways...pleading, begging, whining, pleasantly suggesting, bribing...you know, all that stuff we always do...good thing she loves us all so much & puts up with it! :lol: )

In honor of the recent releases of Lynsay's complete Scottish Trilogy, her first historical books written for Avon/HarperCollins, Jewelz has chosen our first hysterical historical character of the week:

.•*¨`*. ¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*• ƸӜƷ
*.* .♥¸.•'`♥ƸӜƷ Merewen "Merry" Stewart
.•*¨`*. ¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*• d'Aumesbery ƸӜƷ

In her own beautiful words, Jewelz said, "I've made up my mind. As difficult as it was to decide between Merry and Cullen. Cullen is a true Scottish hottie, but Merry is just too hilarious!!! My choice for historical character of the week is (DRUM ROLL PLEASE ) Merry. Yes that's right I picked a female character. But Merry's a verra special lady. She needs to be acknowledged."

We so agree with our precious-gems sis! We needs not get so focused on our hottie heroes that we forget or overlook our female faves! These threads are for all of our favourite characters. Merry has *spark* and if you haven't read Taming The Highland Bride yet, we suggest you run to the bookstore, as you have a treat in store when you first meet "The Stewart Shrew" 8-) (Cullen is the hero of Devil Of The Highlands which is first in the trilogy...so just get all three books while you are there Image )

Please feel free to share your fave "Merry" moments from the Scottish Trilogy, when & where you were when you first 'met' Merry, and any other joyful thoughts about this wonderful hysterical historical heroine...everything every day from April 25 - May 5 is Merry Week...so let's celebrate all things "Merry"...even her name is fun! Image
Last edited by wren on March 3rd, 2011, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wren

Re: * .♥¸.•'`♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Character Of The Week!

Postby susan60625 on April 28th, 2010, 1:25 pm

Unfortunately, I can't comment on this thread yet. I haven't received my Highlander trilogy yet. Of the nine Lynsay historicals I ordered, the only one I've received is The Chase and Wren suggested I read The Deed and The Key before reading that one, so it's sitting in my TBR pile. I guess I'll just have to add my thoughts when I am able. However, I will monitor this thread for future comments! :D
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on April 28th, 2010, 1:58 pm

susan60625 wrote:Unfortunately, I can't comment on this thread yet. I haven't received my Highlander trilogy yet. Of the nine Lynsay historicals I ordered, the only one I've received is The Chase and Wren suggested I read The Deed and The Key before reading that one, so it's sitting in my TBR pile. I guess I'll just have to add my thoughts when I am able. However, I will monitor this thread for future comments! :D

We may need to give the historical characters "extra time" at first, as so many of Lynsay's paranormal readers are just beginning to read the hysterical historicals. As for The Chase, those books do stand alone, so if you read The Chase while waiting for the others, it will be okay. They are not actually a trilogy, but there are characters that overlap in the books. In fact, there is one character that Denise & I feel needs his story told, but until recently he was in "historical oblivion"...but now that HarperCollins has purchased the rights from Dorchester...well, these books definitely need to be a saga, or whatever a four-book grouping is called. ;) Each story stands alone, though & won't give away the other books. Reading them in order just introduces the characters in order for you. They are great books!! Even if we move on to another character on the thread, add your comments when you are ready, Sue! :)
wren

Postby Jewelz on May 4th, 2010, 2:41 am

I love this character!!! To me, in this series she's the female equivalent to Marguerite. Highly respected by the Stewart servants. She was able to run Stewart throughout the years, while babysitting her drunken brothers and father. She's hilarious!!! If she's not knocking Brodie for a loop, she'd consummate her own wedding :lol: . Merry doesn't take any crap from anyone. She's responsible, compassionate, efficient, and intelligent. We need more Merry's in the world. Like I said to wren, Merry is ver-ra special. She deserves to be acknowledged. It would be nice to hear from some other forum members. Please don't make me beg!!! :lol: ;) :lol:

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on May 4th, 2010, 10:10 am

Okay, ladies, I have now read the Highland trilogy, so I can comment on this thread. Hmmmmm..... What can I say about Meruwen??????? She has a strength and spirit that can't be matched! My favorite Merry Moment is when Alex wakes up after having his tooth pulled and finds Merry out instructing the men in combat. She had figured out the problems with several of the men and was teaching them how to fix them. The very fact that she knew what was wrong AND knew how to fix it was verra interesting!!!! I really missed her in the last book, but I suppose she really couldn't travel in her condition.
susan60625

Postby Lynsay on May 4th, 2010, 11:03 am

Hmmm, there are a lot of Merry's in my family. I just assumed most women were like her. I think that's probably the case. We're the care takers and we step up and do what needs doing when it comes up whether it's chopping wood for the fireplace or cuffing someone on the ear when they're being an idiot. A woman will be the home keeper AND work often times. And housewives whose husband's leave generally go out and get a job to take over and do both. Very few men do the same thing. They tend to hire a housekeeper, or nanny, or if married, just be the worker and have to be nagged at to help out around the house. It's changing slowly. More men are carrying both burdens, but those are the special ones. I still hear a lot of women griping about the fact that both they and their partner work but he doesn't do much around the house or has to be nagged to do it which is burdensome in itself. No one wants to feel like a mother to their partner and that's how you end up feeling when you do EVERYTHING or have to nag at them to help. I mean you're both adults, both know what needs doing, and a woman will automatically do it, while a good portion of men won't? What's up with that? Or perhaps it's just the women I know who land with these types of men. I've been told by a psychologist that strong women attract weak men, because those weak men are attracted to what they want to be . . .strong. AND that those weak men will try to appear strong because they know that's what the female wants, someone as strong as her. So it could be this problem is only with the Merry's I know, lol.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on May 21st, 2010, 12:16 am

Hey Wren! Who's next?
susan60625

Postby MsKitty on May 21st, 2010, 8:40 am

Lynsay wrote:Hmmm, there are a lot of Merry's in my family. I just assumed most women were like her. I think that's probably the case. We're the care takers and we step up and do what needs doing when it comes up whether it's chopping wood for the fireplace or cuffing someone on the ear when they're being an idiot. A woman will be the home keeper AND work often times. And housewives whose husband's leave generally go out and get a job to take over and do both. Very few men do the same thing. They tend to hire a housekeeper, or nanny, or if married, just be the worker and have to be nagged at to help out around the house. It's changing slowly. More men are carrying both burdens, but those are the special ones. I still hear a lot of women griping about the fact that both they and their partner work but he doesn't do much around the house or has to be nagged to do it which is burdensome in itself. No one wants to feel like a mother to their partner and that's how you end up feeling when you do EVERYTHING or have to nag at them to help. I mean you're both adults, both know what needs doing, and a woman will automatically do it, while a good portion of men won't? What's up with that? Or perhaps it's just the women I know who land with these types of men. I've been told by a psychologist that strong women attract weak men, because those weak men are attracted to what they want to be . . .strong. AND that those weak men will try to appear strong because they know that's what the female wants, someone as strong as her. So it could be this problem is only with the Merry's I know, lol.

No.. *sigh*... was with this Merry too. He was a decision maker & I'd been on my own for so long it was so nice to be 'looked after' (lol - Once I got my head around it).. then I don't know what happened.. but I am on my own again.. ah well - Such Is Life.

Lynsay
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby wren on May 21st, 2010, 9:42 am

susan60625 wrote:Hey Wren! Who's next?

Let's let you pick for us, Sue! Then I'll set it up... :D
wren

Postby susan60625 on May 21st, 2010, 11:47 am

wren wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Hey Wren! Who's next?

Let's let you pick for us, Sue! Then I'll set it up... :D

10-4, Good Buddy! Check your email!
susan60625

Next

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff