♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Featured Character! ƸӜƷ♥

This is where the fun stuff lives

Re: * .♥¸.•'`♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Character Of The Week!

Postby MsKitty on May 22nd, 2010, 10:46 am

MsKitty wrote:
Lynsay wrote:Hmmm, there are a lot of Merry's in my family. I just assumed most women were like her. I think that's probably the case. We're the care takers and we step up and do what needs doing when it comes up whether it's chopping wood for the fireplace or cuffing someone on the ear when they're being an idiot. A woman will be the home keeper AND work often times. And housewives whose husband's leave generally go out and get a job to take over and do both. Very few men do the same thing. They tend to hire a housekeeper, or nanny, or if married, just be the worker and have to be nagged at to help out around the house. It's changing slowly. More men are carrying both burdens, but those are the special ones. I still hear a lot of women griping about the fact that both they and their partner work but he doesn't do much around the house or has to be nagged to do it which is burdensome in itself. No one wants to feel like a mother to their partner and that's how you end up feeling when you do EVERYTHING or have to nag at them to help. I mean you're both adults, both know what needs doing, and a woman will automatically do it, while a good portion of men won't? What's up with that? Or perhaps it's just the women I know who land with these types of men. I've been told by a psychologist that strong women attract weak men, because those weak men are attracted to what they want to be . . .strong. AND that those weak men will try to appear strong because they know that's what the female wants, someone as strong as her. So it could be this problem is only with the Merry's I know, lol.

Lynsay

No.. *sigh*... was with this Merry too. He was a decision maker & I'd been on my own for so long it was so nice to be 'looked after' (lol - Once I got my head around it).. then I don't know what happened.. but I am on my own again.. ah well - Such Is Life.

lol... Have no idea what I did t my response!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Lynsay on May 24th, 2010, 1:46 am

Hugs Ms Kitty. Relationships are hard. Especially nowadays with roles so fluid. I think it was probably easier during the "Wait til your father gets home" phase. Everyone had a place and knew what was expected.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on May 24th, 2010, 10:31 am

Hey Sue, I'll post your choice on Wednesday at the same time I do the Argeneau character thread. I think you made a very interesting choice! :D
wren

Postby MsKitty on May 25th, 2010, 6:56 am

Lynsay wrote:Hugs Ms Kitty. Relationships are hard. Especially nowadays with roles so fluid. I think it was probably easier during the "Wait til your father gets home" phase. Everyone had a place and knew what was expected.

Lynsay

True.. *sigh* Now it seems I'm everything. I just hope that I'm enough to fill the role for my Girls.
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby wren on May 26th, 2010, 9:03 am

.•*¨`*. ¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*• ƸӜƷ
*.* .♥¸.•'`♥ƸӜƷ ~ LADDIE ~
.•*¨`*. ¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*• ƸӜƷ

I asked Sue to choose our next Historical character, and here is her reply: "As you asked, here is my suggestion for the next Hysterical Historical Character of the Week. I know he is not a central character, but my favorite character is from the book The Hellion and the Highlander. He is Laddie, the illegitimate son of Brodie Stewart and the maid, Belle."

I think Sue made a very interesting choice for us! He's a charmer...so this week, we celebrate our first child character, and the role he plays in The Hellion and The Highlander. It will also be interesting to discuss a side character who, as we never know with Lynsay, may grow up to be a main character someday. I hope you have all had the chance to read the new Scottish trilogy by now, and are ready to talk about...Laddie :D
wren

Postby susan60625 on May 26th, 2010, 10:50 am

Thanks, Wren!

I absolutely loved this character. I was a little hesitant at first, after being fooled by Godfrey in the prior book, but Laddie quickly won my heart when he stood up to his "father" to protect Averill with a shield over the head. His fear and resignation that Kade was going to kill him tore at me. But then his dogged determination to protect Averill led to one of the funniest scenes in the book. While Averill, Will and the soldiers were out gathering rushes and looking for the weed for her to make the tincture and Averill had to relieve herself and Laddie didn't want to leave her alone. I just loved his worried remarks to Will that she wasn't talking was hilarious. The whole scene made me laugh so hard, I needed to relieve myself!

I'd love to see in FUTURE books (hint, Lynsay!), that we get to see the development of this child and see him grown to manhood.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on May 27th, 2010, 4:01 am

susan60625 wrote:Thanks, Wren!

I absolutely loved this character. I was a little hesitant at first, after being fooled by Godfrey in the prior book, but Laddie quickly won my heart when he stood up to his "father" to protect Averill with a shield over the head. His fear and resignation that Kade was going to kill him tore at me. But then his dogged determination to protect Averill led to one of the funniest scenes in the book. While Averill, Will and the soldiers were out gathering rushes and looking for the weed for her to make the tincture and Averill had to relieve herself and Laddie didn't want to leave her alone. I just loved his worried remarks to Will that she wasn't talking was hilarious. The whole scene made me laugh so hard, I needed to relieve myself!

I'd love to see in FUTURE books (hint, Lynsay!), that we get to see the development of this child and see him grown to manhood.

I totally agree, Sue...since Lynsay is sure to continue this Scottish series as we have asked her to so nicely...<insert sweet & innocent looks from Sue & wren>
wren

Re: * .♥¸.•'`♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Featured Character!

Postby wren on March 3rd, 2011, 11:06 pm

ƸӜƷ¸.•'`.♥.•*¨`*. ¸.•*ƸӜƷ*.¸¸.•*¨`*•☼•♥
♥ Christiana Madison Fairgrave ~ The Countess
♥.•*¨`*. ☼.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*• ƸӜƷ*.* .♥¸.•'`ƸӜƷ .♥

With the new Regency Madison Sisters Trilogy out with back-to-back releases of The Countess and The Heiress, lets take some time to share our thoughts on some wonderful new hysterical historical characters, beginning with Christiana!
wren

Re: ♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Featured Character! ƸӜƷ♥

Postby susan60625 on March 3rd, 2011, 11:37 pm

Unfortunately, I'm behind! I only started The Countess today. I'll be finished soon and then I'll be able to comment. :(
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Re: ♥ƸӜƷ Hysterical Historical Featured Character! ƸӜƷ♥

Postby wren on March 3rd, 2011, 11:41 pm

susan60625 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm behind! I only started The Countess today. I'll be finished soon and then I'll be able to comment. :(

Plenty of time, Sue...just thought I'd get her name out there to start the thread going again. Now you can think about it a little as you read the book. We don't do the featured character threads "by the week" anymore...easier for all of us if we fit it on our timeline instead! 8-)
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff