Forum Issues - not able to post

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Re: Forum Issues - not able to post

Postby wren on August 31st, 2010, 2:42 pm

sin wrote:Terri I had the issue the other day. But net traffic was heavy and I refreshed in a couple of minutes and was able to get in :/ I usually try a couple of times first.. I agree the net at times in so aggravating.

I had the general error message happen once last week, but like sin, it let me in after a couple of tries...although Lynsay's site has been slow. However, I think it's on my end...between Netflix, game systems, & the boys computers, I keep getting thrown off the net or causing my computer to run about as fast as a snail...just when I hit 'post' the other day in reply to sherr on sin's review thread. By the time I got back on, I was irritable & just logged out :lol:
wren

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 11th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Ok, it says I posted in the Discuss the series forum (Which I did) but my post isn't showing up. As far as I can tell all my other posts are there, just not the one in the BTB Trailer thread...
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on September 12th, 2010, 12:34 am

I think it may be that there is a post waiting to be approved by Lynsay or Terri. I've not been able to get that to clear for two days now. I seem to remember Lynsay saying something about Terri being on vacation and she is busy writing Christian's story, so I'm not pushing it! LOL! :twisted:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Lynsay on September 13th, 2010, 2:17 pm

I cleared the posts waiting to be approved. Hope that fixes the problem.

I was going to move the holiday recipe thread to the general for you guys, but I'm almost afraid to touch the darned moderator thing in case I somehow manage to ban myself again. Rolling eyes. That would be a calamity since Terri is gone for TWO WEEKS.

GOD! I miss her already. I'm getting calls in the morning after writing till 4 and 5 AM and Terri isn't here to catch them and keep them from waking me up. Must remove all phones to the great room, as far from the bedrooms as possible.

Although, it's nice and cat fight free right now and Emma is lounging around mewling and looking all cute and happy. She's been laying beside me for the last three days while I write Christian's story, tapping me on the arm every once in a while for a pet. I think she's enjoying the Tigger freedom.

Ah well
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 13th, 2010, 3:14 pm

It says my post is there, but it still isn't showing up. Or maybe I am the only one who can't see it. Does anyone else see it?
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on September 13th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Nope, GND, I can't read it either. I can see your name to the right on the forum page, but it's not showing up on the thread.
susan60625

Postby Lynsay on September 14th, 2010, 2:25 pm

Hmm....I risked going into the moderator thing to look, but it doesn't have anything useful there, no showing of your posting or anything even let alone a showing and notice that it didn't go through. Very weird. Terri shall have to sleuth this one out. But you shall have to either remind me in two weeks or something, because I have a memory like a sieve. Nothing stays in my head.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on September 14th, 2010, 3:14 pm

Lynsay several times today, (well within the past half hour) every time I tried to load a page I got the Error message :/ But persistent that I am, just kept hitting refresh til I got in.

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on September 14th, 2010, 3:35 pm

Sin, it happens occasionally to me, as well. I do the same thing. Refresh, and try again. It usually only needs to be done once in order to get it through!
susan60625

Postby tkw5002 on September 18th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Hi Terri :) I'm having problems with my posts not showing up. I get the e-mails saying that they are from admin and my post has been approved, but then it's not there. I've also gotten an error message a few times where I've had to refresh/reload the page.
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

PreviousNext

Return to Questions For Terri