Book Falling apart

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Re: Book Falling apart

Postby Copper on September 18th, 2010, 4:22 am

Denise wrote:Copper, I've had that happen before. Have you tried ironing the spine? Sometimes the glue doesn't get a good stick and if you re-align the cover where it's supposed to be, set your iron a little below the cotton level, and put a piece of cotton material between the iron and the book to protect the book, then set the iron flat on the spine for about 10 - 15 seconds (careful and don't burn yourself) it will re-adhere. I've had to do that a couple of times with different books.

thanks for the advice I will try that
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Denise on September 23rd, 2010, 12:05 am

Just remember, don't use the steam setting. And let the book cool fully before messing with it or you'll just pull the cover right off, again.
Denise

Postby sherr on September 23rd, 2010, 4:43 am

I knew there was a good reason for an iron....like the stove thingy it just sits there. :(
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby terri on September 27th, 2010, 4:50 pm

LOL... I feel the same way about irons. I use them about twice a year otherwise it is my doorstop.

And I'm sorry what is this thing you call an O-V-E-N ? Is that an acronym for something... like "orchestrate virtually every natural disaster" (in the kitchen)... Here's a fun fact... did you know that every other time I've cooked I've set off my fire alarm... no joke!

Terri - who can't believe the height of the heels she saw in Vegas (baby!).... holy cow
terri
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Questions For Terri