Forum Issues - not able to post

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Re: Forum Issues - not able to post

Postby terri on September 28th, 2010, 9:01 am

Hey Mrs W.

You shouldn't have this trouble any longer! <G>

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 28th, 2010, 9:17 am

Hey terri, can you check into the issue with my post in the BTB trailer thred in the Discuss the series forum? Lynsay said she'd probably forget to ask you...
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on October 4th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Hey grlnxtdr... sorry about the delay in responding. I have checked your posts and it is present under your posts but invisible under the Born to Bite Trailer which is where it's supposed to be. I am sorry about that. I have tried to look to see if I could repos it for you as the administrator but it doesn't give me the option sooo... the next step would be for me to go into the code (phpbb3 program) to see what the problem is and right now I don't have time for that. What I can suggest as a temporary work around is that since you can see it under your own user's posts, just copy and paste it into a new post and see if it appears then.

I may do this for you for this post to see what happens.

Scary Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby terri on October 4th, 2010, 5:29 pm

GrlNxtDr29...

So I just posted the BTB trailer post that was missing-in-posting and now it appears so... that means that this happened because the forum was busy and when the update happened, it was only updated to one table and not the other which sis why it's visible in one view but not another. Again the only thing we can do is repost it when this happens. Eventually we will have to upgrade the message board.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 4th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Thanks Terri!
grlnxtdr29

Postby Goober on January 10th, 2011, 9:07 am

I understand that posts need to be monitored, but there have been some of mine from last month that I know I Posted. I understand that mods are busy, but is it normal for it to take about a month for it to get posted?

*edit*
yay my posts finally showed up. I dont know if it was like my computer or if the mod(s) were able to get to them. Either way thank you!
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby Lynsay on January 10th, 2011, 11:55 pm

No Goober, it doesn't usually take that long. I'm afraid I fell down on the job while rushing around before Christmas and Terri, used to my handling it, didn't know to pick up the slack. I'm not even sure of the last time I was on here before today. I know Tomas wasn't yet around, so it was before he joined. I suspect it was back in November. I'm afraid life just ran me over. Now I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and trying to catch up before starting the next two books, a regency and--at this point I think -- Jeanne Louise's story. Sorry about that Goober, next time something like that happens I will endeavour to ensure Terri knows to step in for me....or maybe Wren or one of you girls could write to me and complain as a reminder. Gees, though, I'm sure glad this last month and a half or two months are over. I was literally ready to pull my hair out. I'll actually be relieved to jump back into deadline time for a BREAK!

Lynsay, who really has the patience of Jobe since I didn't kill anyone this last two months lol
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on January 11th, 2011, 2:58 am

In a selfish way I'm glad you're working hard. We're all waiting to enjoy the results. I'm guessing you're a lot like so many of your characters and perhaps a bit of a workaholic. To my Dad, being a hard worker (along with honesty) was just about the greatest virtue there was. Still, don't drive yourself too crazy. You might as well take time to enjoy life. No matter how hard you work, you won't be able to turn out books fast enough to suit me anyway. Not unless you can do one a week. So take care of yourself. Please.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 11th, 2011, 7:48 am

Lynsay wrote:Lynsay, who really has the patience of Jobe since I didn't kill anyone this last two months lol

Ewwww, icky patience...hon, it may be a virtue, but I've never wanted it...and it's NOT a nice word. Terri, please wash Lynsay's mouth...wait, she did type it...so get some hand sanitizer and make her use it. :lol:

It's good you have patience like Job, Lyns, since we really don't want you writing from a prison cell. It would be messy for us "Immortals" to get you out of there without the nanos. Our mind control skills are still too weak and if we stand there staring intently at the guards' foreheads with the "eye"...you know which one since you wrote it...Image to attempt to read them, we might end up in a different kind of cell which wouldn't be helpful...just trust me on that, k? :roll: Some things are better left unexplained! Image

Dang it, I just realized if you kill someone, you'll be considered rogue by our laws, both mortal & the Immortal laws that you & Lucian put in place. So, just wondering...would we get orders to hunt you or rescue you? After all, Nicholas was hunted for 50 years and he was innocent. Just saying! Image He already had nanos, though, so he had the extra time to be on the run, kwim? Since you give the council enforcer orders, we would attempt the rescue, huh? Wait, I've got an idea. First tell Jewelz & Sue & sherr not to look at me like that when I'm thinking...you know, that "she's thinking & that means trouble" look. <grin> Just teasing, y'all....btw, how do y'all look in the colour orange?

Anyway, my idea is maybe it would be better if you just call us in beforehand...before you were to get the...what's that other not-so-nice word...oh yes, authorities involved, since we don't have our real nanos & we don't have Teddy nearby, either. He's tied up with his book right now, and you know how life mates get when they meet! You know your good friends will always be there for you, but your truest friends will help you hide, um, I mean dispose properly of the body. Image Can you imagine having your mug shot as your author photo in your books in fashionable prison orange? No offense, but I don't think it's your best colour, and please remember that sadly, I can't wear the warm colours of autumn and orange makes me look very sallow, so I'd rather not have to wear it full-time. Patience is beginning to look a lot better than it did before. Image

Goober, sorry that I didn't alert Lynsay for you. Like her, the last two months have been chaotic for me and I'm behind on checking in & reading all the new posts on the forum. The new year is starting to look up, but when things are hitting close to bottom, eventually things tend to look up...it's probably a law of physics or something, but I'm not the scientific type except when I have to be. Besides, if it didn't start getting better, Lynsay & I might end up as cellmates in fashionable prison orange...and although I look divine in black & white, big zebra stripes don't do a lot for a woman my size, either. It's true that Lynsay & the other Immortals & I are great friends, and we'd hide, um I mean, dispose properly of a body for her any day, but we don't really want to spend our valuable time crowded together in a prison cell, kwim? Image

Our Lynsay is almost always on the ball with her forum, even when she gets super busy with deadlines. Holidays always complicate general life chaos for any of us and when you have extended life chaos going on, well, one can only do so much. Image You will not find a better forum anywhere, though...I promise...and I always honor my word! Image Lynsay enjoys the time to relax with us, and she is very laid back and easy going in real life. It takes a lot to get her riled up...which naturally results in a lot to get her calm again! It's possibly because she is a redhead, but I don't have any scientific proof on that theory. From what I've been told, you can't prove a theory in science, you can only disprove it. Image Hmmm...I'll ponder that one awhile longer.

I'm very sorry that neither sin nor I have been on the forum to properly welcome you! sin is taking care of her 10 month old grandson at the moment and dealing with snow in usually rainy in winter Georgia, but plans to check in asap. So, on her behalf, "hi & welcome to the best forum anywhere and jump in & have fun with us." sin is very direct when she posts and I take the scenic route, which is probably why we became such good friends and complement each other so well. <wicked~wink> Since I'm a little out of the loop, I don't know who all you've met so far, but anytime a new book is about to be released, everyone begins checking in! :) From me, welcome...I'm very glad you have joined us! Image Have you done the Getting to Know You & Quirky Questions yet? Those are fun quizzes that help us to see what we have in common and just become closer! Also, be sure to sign up for Lynsay's newsletter...it's a ton of fun! It's amazing being part of this group, and Terri adds all kinds of special contests and things just for official forum Immortals in addition to all she & Lynsay put in the newsletter. Since you'll be "turning" very soon, you won't really be a "newbie" anymore (unlike some forums, we don't believe in letting our newbies stay new..."the more friends the merrier" is our motto) so just ask if you need anything, and any of us more "ancient" Immortals will help be glad to help you find it! Nice to finally meet you, Goober!! Image

♥ wren (and don't believe everything said about me...except for the charmingly chatty part, because it's difficult to deny that! Image :lol: )
wren

Postby Goober on January 11th, 2011, 10:24 am

Lynsay- it's okay I just hadn't realised that there were so few mods. And I kind of forgot about the holidays since they weren't very busy for me and mine. I hope everyones holiday went good.

As for you Wern sweety I would never believe anything bad about you, and what do you mean "chatty" you hardly said anything. Lol but thank you for your awesome welcome, and I haven't really meet any one on here yet, but I can't wait to meet everyone.
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

PreviousNext

Return to Questions For Terri