Argeneau Movies?


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby Denise on September 26th, 2010, 10:51 pm

The down side is, most of the paranormal series that have made a go of it are centered around one set of two or three characters. With the Argenueau books being such a wide variety of characters, that might not work too well. However, if the were to just be about the enforcers? Now THAT would work great. I could see that making a great series. The rest would be good movies.
Image
User avatar
Denise
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 9:06 am
Location: Oklahoma


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby wren on September 27th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Denise wrote:The down side is, most of the paranormal series that have made a go of it are centered around one set of two or three characters. With the Argenueau books being such a wide variety of characters, that might not work too well. However, if the were to just be about the enforcers? Now THAT would work great. I could see that making a great series. The rest would be good movies.



Very good point, Denise. "The Rogue Hunters" even makes a good title for a series, and would lend itself to being action-driven. However, Lynsay's books are so character driven, and the series is not about just 1 or 2 main characters whose story is told from book to book. (Such as in True Blood which is based on Charlaine Harris' series about Sookie...she is the lead character in each book. I haven't seen the tv show, so I don't know how they have adapted it.)
Image
User avatar
wren
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 4:55 am
Location: Mississippi USA


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby MsKitty on September 28th, 2010, 2:52 am

I've decided after watching the 'Twilight Series' become movies...

I don't want ANY of my beloved Argeneau books made into movies!! Leave them as they are!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
Image
User avatar
MsKitty
 
Posts: 724
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 7:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby wren on September 29th, 2010, 3:28 pm

MsKitty wrote:I've decided after watching the 'Twilight Series' become movies...

I don't want ANY of my beloved Argeneau books made into movies!! Leave them as they are!!


I'm afraid I'd be much too critical of anyone they cast, and anything left out, etc....I think you have the best idea, MsKitty! :D
Image
User avatar
wren
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 4:55 am
Location: Mississippi USA


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby susan60625 on September 29th, 2010, 3:52 pm

wren wrote:
MsKitty wrote:I've decided after watching the 'Twilight Series' become movies...

I don't want ANY of my beloved Argeneau books made into movies!! Leave them as they are!!


I'm afraid I'd be much too critical of anyone they cast, and anything left out, etc....I think you have the best idea, MsKitty! :D

I agree! When we (meaning the fans here on the forum) can't agree on who we think should be cast as our yummy immortals, how can we expect to EVER appreciate any actor that someone else (who doesn't even know the characters like us) would pick? Nuh-uh! These books are best left in our imaginations and the pages that Lynsay crafted.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
User avatar
susan60625
 
Posts: 5698
Joined: April 8th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby sherr on September 30th, 2010, 8:02 am

I read an article on the making of the Twilight movie...Stephanie Meyers retained creative control on this....fortunately....they (the movie company) wanted to make Bella a track star....change her into a vamp in the first movie.....show fangs...and a pile of other things that made it sound completely different. Meyers stated to them do it like the book or don't do it at all.....this was before the book was a huge sucess. The company caved in and ended up with a millon dollar hit.
I would hate to see them twist my stories into something totally different or see my favorite characters portrayed in a way that is soooo not them. Even now I find Bella wimpy and whiney
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: February 28th, 2010, 7:25 am
Location: ontario Canada


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby Denise on October 17th, 2010, 11:50 pm

I agree, Sherr. Bella isn't on my list of favorite heroines, but the books still work for me.
Image
User avatar
Denise
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 9:06 am
Location: Oklahoma


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby jill on October 18th, 2010, 7:15 pm

sherr wrote:I read an article on the making of the Twilight movie...Stephanie Meyers retained creative control on this....fortunately....they (the movie company) wanted to make Bella a track star....change her into a vamp in the first movie.....show fangs...and a pile of other things that made it sound completely different. Meyers stated to them do it like the book or don't do it at all.....this was before the book was a huge sucess. The company caved in and ended up with a millon dollar hit.
I would hate to see them twist my stories into something totally different or see my favorite characters portrayed in a way that is soooo not them. Even now I find Bella wimpy and whiney



my mom does too she refuses to watch those movies lol...I am torn about the movies...I am curious to see who they would get to play my fave immortals but on the other hand...I know they wouldn't do it justice.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
User avatar
jill
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 7:05 pm
Location: PA


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby Lynsay on October 20th, 2010, 10:49 am

I went to see Taming of the Shrew in Stratford a couple years ago...At least it was supposed to be Taming of the Shrew, however, they placed it in the American west during the time of cowboys and indians and had chaps, tumbleweeds and southern twangs...It was the most DISTRESSING thing I've EVER seen. I thought to myself that poor Shakespeare must be rolling, flipping and kicking in his grave. And then I thought, DEAR GOD! If they EVER did that with my Argeneaus I think I'd rise up from the grave and haunt the bastards. Honest to God, there should be a law against that nonsense.

Lynsay
Lynsay
User avatar
Lynsay
Site Admin
 
Posts: 992
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 3:14 pm
Location: Ontario


Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby MsKitty on October 21st, 2010, 6:17 pm

Lynsay wrote:I went to see Taming of the Shrew in Stratford a couple years ago...At least it was supposed to be Taming of the Shrew, however, they placed it in the American west during the time of cowboys and indians and had chaps, tumbleweeds and southern twangs...It was the most DISTRESSING thing I've EVER seen. I thought to myself that poor Shakespeare must be rolling, flipping and kicking in his grave. And then I thought, DEAR GOD! If they EVER did that with my Argeneaus I think I'd rise up from the grave and haunt the bastards. Honest to God, there should be a law against that nonsense.

Lynsay



Oh Dear :(

If it aint broke - don't fix it :)
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
Image
User avatar
MsKitty
 
Posts: 724
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 7:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron