Immortal Cookbook

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Immortal Cookbook

Postby sin on November 3rd, 2010, 10:08 am

Hey Terri is there by perchance with all of this talk about food is there going to be am Immortal Cookbook? With all of the foods in previous and upcoming books it sounds like a great idea.

Wren also agrees

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Re: Immortal Cookbook

Postby susan60625 on November 3rd, 2010, 11:48 am

Would that just include foods mentioned in the books? Or would that also include the recipes we have been sending in? Sounds like a good idea to me! 8-)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on November 3rd, 2010, 1:46 pm

That sounds good to me also!!! :) :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sin on November 3rd, 2010, 5:07 pm

Well first it should include all from the books :) Then if we give permission unless what ever we post is already so (like on some forums) then I personally do not see why they could not be included. Even saying something like: submitted or contributed by..and our what forum names?

sin

Postby Lynsay on November 3rd, 2010, 6:15 pm

Ooooo, nifty idea. Then I could find things to eat all the time. LOL

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on November 3rd, 2010, 7:33 pm

Glad you approve Lynsay. All kinds of good food in both places..mmm

sin

Postby wren on November 4th, 2010, 12:42 pm

I like this idea a lot.

Yes, I would want to put "contributed by" with our forum names next to it...partly so I know who contributed the recipe. If the publisher requires it, we could put our given names with our forum names in parenthesis. Lynsay & Terri can check with Lynsay's agent & editor to find out what kind of permission form we might need to sign to use our contribution without us expecting compensation for it. We don't want to mess up any of Lynsay's legal contract stuff. Also, I would think that putting the actual book entries...such as "Tiny McGraw's Spaghetti" or "Dr. Gregory Hewitt's Chili"...will require permission from Lynsay's publisher, because it will be using the book and character names. I think we should have an entire section of the cookbook called "Chocolate is Manna" where we all submit our best chocolate recipes. ;) :)

Lynsay, here is another idea. Do you have a favorite charity? Maybe even two charities. The proceeds of the Immortal Cookbook could go to those charities. Perhaps your editor/publisher might approve the idea and promote it for us. I really wish we had thought of this in time for Hungry For You. Maybe when the cookbook was ready, the book could be reprinted in a "special edition" to go with it...fans could buy both with the Immortal Cookbook proceeds going to your charity, and you could sit and sign books all day! 8-)

I should have listened to Daddy and majored in business. I think I would love marketing! :D
wren

Postby sin on November 4th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Sounds great sis. And love the idea of the proceeds going to Lynsay's fav charity. Oh and do not forget our furry friends. Emma, Tigger and of course Julius :)

sin

Postby susan60625 on November 5th, 2010, 2:31 pm

sin wrote:Sounds great sis. And love the idea of the proceeds going to Lynsay's fav charity. Oh and do not forget our furry friends. Emma, Tigger and of course Julius :)

...and Charlie and, now, Lucky!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby cgsdesigns on November 11th, 2010, 10:42 pm

It would be cool if the "special reprint" actually contained the cookbook with it, or at least some examples.

LOL One of the recipes could be "Julius's Famous Alpo Stew" LOL

I think Tiny though could have his own entire section.... cookies, chicken, all kinds of goodies from A Bite To Remember! The man is a cooking guru!
cgsdesigns

Next

Return to Questions For Terri