The Deed, The Key, The Chase

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: The Deed, The Key, The Chase

Postby Lynsay on January 10th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Glad you enjoyed The Key, Jewelz. I had a blast with those two. Hope you like The Chase too.

Happy dreams
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on January 12th, 2011, 10:11 pm

"The Chase", is another fabulous fabrication! Inhaled another and loved it. I tried to interest my sister Lisa, into reading historicals, But she always turns her nose up to them. She will read contemporary romance or suspense type romance. Paranormal is just to fantasy for her taste. She really hasn't a clue of what she's missing. They are a nice escape.

Okay, back to the Chase. I was impressed with the fact that Blake chose to accept Seonaid for who she was and did not try to change her. I really liked Seonaid's spicy personality. I still can't believe she nailed him in the groin. Seonaid sure did give Blake a chase. Instead of shunning Seonaid for her sword skill, I thought it was touching that Blake chose to duel with her at Dunbar.

Seonaid's a lot like Merry Stewart from "Taming The Highland Bride". But Merry is still my favorite of Lynsay's historical females. This may change because I have yet to read some of her other historicals. As for Lynsay's male historical character's, Duncan Dunbar (The Key), Kade Stewart (The Hellion and The Highland), and Culllen Donnachaide (Devil Of The Highlands). They are the most tempting of all. Of course my opion may change once I finish read the rest of Lynsay's historicals. I can say, I think Cullen may be in the lead. I'd have to re-read "The Hellion and the Highlander" (Kade's book) again to be sure.

Now I completely understand why this series is incomplete! Lord Rolfe desperately needs his HEA with Lady Helen. Oh Lynsay, I hope you are able to someday go back and complete this series. No rush, because we all know how busy you are.

So now I'm on a historical kick between new releases. I've ordered all the rest of Lynsay's Historicals around christmas, to add to the one that I found in a used book store here in town. So this evening I couldn't decide which historical to read first. So I wrote every book title down on a strip of paper and drew them from a hat. I don't think the order of the others really matter, or do they?

Here's the order of the draw. 1) What She Wants 2) Lady Pirate 3) Bliss 4) The Reluctant Reformer 5) The Switch 6) Sweet Revenge 7) The Brat 8) The Perfect Wife 9) Always 10) Love Is Blind. I know my method must sound crazy. If you can't decide where to start, what else can you do? Well enough of my rambling. Happy reading all. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on January 13th, 2011, 12:08 am

Jewelz wrote:Now I completely understand why this series is incomplete! Lord Rolfe desperately needs his HEA with Lady Helen. Oh Lynsay, I hope you are able to someday go back and complete this series. No rush, because we all know how busy you are.

So now I'm on a historical kick between new releases. I've ordered all the rest of Lynsay's Historicals around christmas, to add to the one that I found in a used book store here in town. So this evening I couldn't decide which historical to read first. So I wrote every book title down on a strip of paper and drew them from a hat. I don't think the order of the others really matter, or do they?

Here's the order of the draw. 1) What She Wants 2) Lady Pirate 3) Bliss 4) The Reluctant Reformer 5) The Switch 6) Sweet Revenge 7) The Brat 8) The Perfect Wife 9) Always 10) Love Is Blind. I know my method must sound crazy. If you can't decide where to start, what else can you do? Well enough of my rambling. Happy reading all. :D

Yes, poor Lord Rolfe! He disappeared into that tunnel with Lady Helen and they both just vanish! I'm with Seonaid, listening at that blocked off entrance, hoping to hear something from them! But, as Jewelz said Lynsay, whenever you're ready, we will eagerly read the conclusion to this series!

That is definitely an interesting way to choose the order to read the books. The only thing that I did differently is that I read the medieval books before the Regency books. I still haven't read Sweet Revenge, but that's the only one I'm missing. You also may want to bump Always up in the order. The first half of the book had me in tears, but the second half had some of the funniest scenes that Lynsay has written! In fact, just thinking about it, has me cracking up!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Previous

Return to Discuss the books