How about a...

Discussion and suggestions to make our online community the best it can be.

Re: How about a...

Postby Lynsay on January 11th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Crap! Have I been spelling Tomas/Thomas wrong? I do that all the time with Thomas and Tomasso because...well, because I get rushing and don't take enough care, frankly. LOL. Sorry Thomas.

And Wren, we will get it together eventually. I'm looking forward to it. Once my schedule gets a little more settled--as well as my personal life--we shall have a blow out. I can't wait. I shall drag Terri and Leigh along. It'll be fun. A big immortals pajama party...we can all wear spidey pajamas. LOL
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 11th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Lynsay wrote:Crap! Have I been spelling Tomas/Thomas wrong? I do that all the time with Thomas and Tomasso because...well, because I get rushing and don't take enough care, frankly. LOL. Sorry Thomas.

I thought you had combined the two Immortals with our new forum Immortal. I don't think he minds. Personally, I like it...but whatever Thomas/Tomas prefers! :)

Lynsay wrote:And Wren, we will get it together eventually. I'm looking forward to it. Once my schedule gets a little more settled--as well as my personal life--we shall have a blow out. I can't wait. I shall drag Terri and Leigh along. It'll be fun. A big immortals pajama party...we can all wear spidey pajamas. LOL
Lynsay

Can we meet Jackie too, just because? :) It sounds like oodles of fun, and I'm in favour of spidey-pajamas...nobody is seeing this body in baby-dolls unless some nanos come along soon! :shock: :lol:
wren

Postby TomEC on January 11th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Lynsay wrote:Crap! Have I been spelling Tomas/Thomas wrong? I do that all the time with Thomas and Tomasso because...well, because I get rushing and don't take enough care, frankly. LOL. Sorry Thomas.

's okay Lynsay. In my other life I go by Tom and Thomas. Tomas is just another variation.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on January 12th, 2011, 10:57 am

I'm a baby-dolls person, though I don't get to wear them. Gotta respect the kiddos in the house.
Denise

Postby ElectricFedora on January 12th, 2011, 11:33 am

oh oh! i'll bring Chocolate cover strawberries to nom nom on!
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby TomEC on January 12th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Lynsay wrote:Now, part of the reason that there aren't more men here is that for the three years before I took it over, the previous moderator apparently discouraged men from joining, refusing and erasing posts and banning addresses. The previous moderator also handled my facebook and immediately erased posts and refused friend requests from males there too. I only found this out when I took over and if I could write all those guys an apology I would. I get letters from loads of men who read my books. I've even got letters from whole companies of soldiers who pass my books around amongst their fellow squad members (I think company is the right word. As I recall they sign their letters with "Private/Sergeant/whatever so and so, from X company." I get so many letters it's sometimes hard to remember particulars.) Anyway, there are loads of male readers out there who just weren't made to feel welcome. I regret this, because I would have welcomed them. But I'm sure more men will join up eventually....Sorry Tomas (grin)
Lynsay

I guess its a good thing I didn't try to join when that was going on. I tend to walk away and never look back when I'm made to feel unwanted somewhere. I suppose its a pride thing. That's a hard thing for me to admit since all the trouble pride has caused in this world is one of my big-time pet peeves. Still, I'm glad I avoided that fate and made it here. I'm really enjoying the company and think I can make a contribution. In fact, if there's anything I can do to make my fellow men feel more welcome I'll do it. Since I'm still relatively new, I doubt I can be as effective as veterans like Wren and Susan but I'll do my best.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 12th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Denise wrote:I'm a baby-dolls person, though I don't get to wear them. Gotta respect the kiddos in the house.

I love baby-dolls too...but like you said, gotta respect the kiddos in the house...and if we're at a Lynsay forum conference together, it might still be a matter of "respect" for those around me! :lol:

wren

Postby wren on January 12th, 2011, 11:32 pm

TomEC wrote: Since I'm still relatively new, I doubt I can be as effective as veterans like Wren and Susan but I'll do my best.

Becoming a "veteran" is all about just jumping in with us, Thomas, and you've been great about doing that. You've been turned Immortal already, so you're no longer a "newbie" in our eyes! The longer you're here participating with us, the better your new skills will become, and you'll be just as effective as we are when new friends join. Now that your posts don't have to moderated, you'll be able to be more involved in the games & discussions, and soon you will feel more like an "oldie" and a true part of the group here! :D
wren

Postby susan60625 on January 13th, 2011, 12:28 am

wren wrote:
TomEC wrote: Since I'm still relatively new, I doubt I can be as effective as veterans like Wren and Susan but I'll do my best.

Becoming a "veteran" is all about just jumping in with us, Thomas, and you've been great about doing that. You've been turned Immortal already, so you're no longer a "newbie" in our eyes! The longer you're here participating with us, the better your new skills will become, and you'll be just as effective as we are when new friends join. Now that your posts don't have to moderated, you'll be able to be more involved in the games & discussions, and soon you will feel more like an "oldie" and a true part of the group here! :D

Thanks, Thomas! I try to be helpful!

I was going to say that I haven't been on here that long, but then I realized that it's close to two years now, but Wren and Sin (who I don't think you've met yet. She's been busy IRL!) and a few others have been on the Forum here since the beginning and a different forum before this one. What I've found though, is that once you jump in, you have a tendency to wade in deeper and deeper until it becomes a way of life!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on January 13th, 2011, 1:22 am

susan60625 wrote: What I've found though, is that once you jump in, you have a tendency to wade in deeper and deeper until it becomes a way of life!

Well said, Sue! It becomes such a way of life that when a forum friend posts about seeing spidey pajamas, it's like you were right there with her/him! :lol:

There are actually several of us who have been on Lynsay's forum since the "old forum" days ...the dates shown on here reflect when the new forum software was put into place, as everyone had to register again. I do know that Denise, sin, & I, along with a few others, have actively been on the combined old & new Lynsay Sands forum for four years together...Wow!!!!

Hey, Lynsay...I just realized your most ancient forum Immortals have been with you for FOUR...count 'em, 4 YEARS... I told you the Chinese Year of the Bunny was going to be good! We're moving into our fifth year together! See, true friends stick around, hon! 8-) :D
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions