Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby susan60625 on December 15th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Well, Thomas, let me be the first to welcome you to our fabulous forum! You aren't the ONLY male on the forum, but they are few! Don't worry, we don't bite! Unless, of course, you try to get between us girls and our claimed immortal men! :twisted: In your case, you have the complete list of immortal ladies to choose from as your own personal claimed immortal. :shock:

We always suggest that you answer the "Original Getting to Know You Questions" and the "Quirky Questions" in the Getting to Know you section. They are a quick way for all of us to get to know you better. Plus, you can go back and read the answers we all gave! :?

You'll notice that your name is green. After you've posted twenty or more times, you will be "turned" and will become immortal and your name will become navy blue. The main benefit to this, is that your posts will be visible immediately. While you're a "newbie" your posts must be approved and released by either Lynsay, herself, or her assistant, Terri. Don't worry, however, posts are almost always approved. This is just a precaution to prevent spammers from getting onto the site.

I know I'm forgetting things to tell you, but I'm sure that another of our forum sisters, Wren, will post anything that I've missed. (She's really good at that, but she's been distracted lately, so I'm trying to help out!) So, just check out the various threads, post your opinions and join us in the games. We like to have fun and are pretty easy-going! :D
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on December 16th, 2010, 10:53 am

Welcome Thomas to our cyber-family.. As Sue mentioned above please fill out the getting to know you and others this helps us get to know everyone better. Also sign up for Lynsay's newsletter. There are crosswords and contests we get to enter. Feel free to join in some of the games we have going. Most are around our wonderful author's books.

Hope you are not frightened of our humour. Again welcome aboard.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on December 18th, 2010, 6:36 am

Hello & Welcome to the best website & forum anywhere, Thomas from Canada aka TomEC Image Ahhh, Thomas...what a fabulous name...and it was even before Thomas Argeneau became such a popular Immortal from his very first appearance in the series! Image Trust me!! ♫Trust in me, just in me♫ sings Kaa the snake in Disney's The Jungle Book. Among my fave movies, though I'm extremely phobic of real snakes...but the song does suit my purpose! :lol: Tommaso Notte has the Italian version of your name, which is quite appropriate since "Thomas" means "a twin" and the Notte twins happen to be rather popular themselves. ;) I'm not at all biased because it was my grandfather's & my frog prince's grandfather's name either ( 'my frog prince' is what I call my dear hubby on most days. Image) name either. Nada, no bias here, I just like the name Thomas, and all these great people with the name Thomas just happen to be around, which is obviously a good thing...especially those named Thomas who read/listen to & love Lynsay Sands books! :D

One of my closest cousins happens to have the name Theresa, spelled just like your dear wife's name (she who is your Sun - yes, we can see the True Immortal in you right there! Image Big sis sin, go ahead & add on some points for our new friend Thomas, who knows how to speak of his true life mate! Image) "Theresa ~ origin is Greek: To Reap or Harvest. A name associated with a humble and noble image due to the much loved image of Mother Teresa." Image Besides being exceedingly chatty when I'm not distracted by what's happening irl, I'm an amateur Onomastician, someone who loves to study the origins & meanings of proper names of people & places, which has been a lot of fun for me in posting about the names Lynsay uses in her books. You'll find the Argeneau series names thread '*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins' on the Argeneaus Section - Discuss the Characters in a "sticky" at the top. Since we have just had two new books, I'll update it very soon. If you happen to notice anyone I've missed, let me know! Sometimes Lynsay names her characters for family members or friends, and sometimes the names have a specific meaning for the character that will reveal a clue. It's amazing how the life mates names tend to fit together. Lynsay is very good with the "name game" in her books!

Just so you know...Lynsay claims she can't keep a secret, but don't let that fool you. She kept a very good one about Eshe accidentally! That's Lynsay's story, and she's sticking to it! :lol: She says if she had realized she hadn't told us, it would have bothered her! In which case, she probably would have spilled the beans if we had wheedled enough. Alas, she didn't realize it before the book was released. <grin> Also, it sounds like you are up-to-date on listening to all of the books, so if you have already listened to BTB (we usually refer to the books by Title Initials, except for The Renegade Hunter, which is REN to distinguish it from TRH for The Rogue Hunter) we would love to have your feedback on Rosamund. Why? Because Lynsay's NOT saying anymore about her. Yep...that means something is up with the late Rosamund...we are currently looking for a connection between Rosamund & Justin Bricker in our speculation. Oh my, we will beg, bribe, wheedle, and anything else we can think of for hints or clues on what's to come in the series! :o Got any new ideas on how to get Lynsay to give out hints? We welcome your contributions! Image The fun thing is Lynsay often wants to tell as much as we want to know, so we occasionally are given a special hint that isn't mentioned on other fan sites for her. Sometimes she will play one of the games with us, and if we can get the answer, we get an additional chapter of the excerpt or some other special treat...before it's posted anywhere else. Here, we get it all directly from Lynsay or Terri, who is her personal assistant that also happens to be her younger sister! Oh, and every New Year's some of us have as one of our resolutions to do a complete reread (or re-listen?) of the entire series. So break out A Quick Bite and get ready to join us! We have a couple of other fans who listen to the audio books, and you will find several threads pertaining to the audio books for those who prefer them.

Between Sue & sin, I think they gave you all of the information that I usually include in my "welcome to the best website & forum anywhere" to you already...You are going to love it here! We love our Canadians, as well as the many other friends you will meet from around the world. So, make yourself comfortable in Lynsay's cyberhome where we welcome new friends ~ the more the merrier! We also like having a man's view of Lynsay's books. She has many male fans, but not many who will venture onto the forum. Just so you know, we like our new friends to jump into the discussions & games and get turned Immortal asap...our motto is "no newbies around here for very long!" 8-) If you need help finding something, just ask or we have a great search feature. Lynsay's forum is very laid-back, and she & Terri post with us as their work time allows...and since this is the Official Forum of Lynsay Sands, we get all the official news first!!!! :D There are many benefits to being here, including being able to participate in contests posted for forum members only. Like sin said, you don't want to miss out on the newsletter, either. It always has great puzzles and fun contests and the latest news about what is going on in Lynsay's life!

Let's see...Lynsay is so laid-back that there aren't many things that aren't allowed on the forum. Her only requirement is courtesy & respect & kindness for everyone on the forum. We tend to steer clear of hot topics related to religion, politics, etc., or anything else that can hurt feelings or cause heated discussion except for in the most general way. We do not write or post fan-fiction here or suggest that it not be posted anywhere on the internet. There are clauses in Lynsay's contract that we don't want to compromise, and the books & Argeneau characters are copyrighted materials. We know that when people write fan-fic, it's often as a complement to the author, but we don't want to give the impression that Lynsay is promoting or condoning doing so. We can suggest a link in our posts, but we have to copy & paste to go to it...linking was disabled due to some vicious spammers who were making posting difficult for everyone that was here to enjoy Lynsay's forum. The spammers were either trying to sell stuff or promoting inappropriate sites. :roll: Don't know why people can't find better things to do with their time. It was easier for us all, especially forum administration, to go to this way of sharing links. We don't post our email simply for internet safety. The forum is open to the public & can be read by anyone, so keep that in mind when you post...registration is only required to be a member & have posting privileges. If needed, we can request that Terri send our email address to another forum member, and many of us are connected on facebook. Lynsay does have facebook & myspace & live-space pages, and checks in & blogs as time is available. Though Lynsay has worldwide fans on those pages, you can only be a "true Immortal" when your name is turned navy blue on Lynsay's official forum. Terri & Lynsay will welcome you to the Immortals group when that happens and we'll all celebrate with you! Image

Again, YOU are very welcome here, THOMAS!! We look forward to seeing what book is your fave & who your fave characters are, both female & male (there are threads for both topics) and your feedback on the book discussions and games. :) Since our forum isn't very strict, we often go off on bunny-trails in a thread, but we eventually get back on topic when one of us posts something relating to the thread again! It seems to work, and it stays warm & harmonious for the forum members here. <grin>

♥ the most honorable & charming princess wren (I've recently embellished my name & title, so don't listen when they tell you I'm delusional. I am a princess...why else would I have a frog prince? Image)...who never instigates anything on Lynsay's forum Image Ok, hardly ever? Ok, Ok...often instigates, but I do have many "partners in crime" & certainly hope you intend to be one of them! ♫ trust in me ♫ Here is my infamous little cauldron, so come & help me "stir the pot" Image Waiting to read your GTKY & QQ answers (the quizzes sin & Sue mentioned that are on the sub-forum of the General Discussion...they don't take long at all to do) and I'll be looking for your posts. Bye for now! Image
wren

Postby wren on December 18th, 2010, 6:47 am

P.S. to Thomas...your photography website is wonderful. I'm a little too far South USA or I'd love family portraits and more! :)
wren

Postby rockie on December 18th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Just to add my two sense! lol
Welcome Tom! hope you enjoy the forum!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby TomEC on December 21st, 2010, 2:04 am

wren wrote:P.S. to Thomas...your photography website is wonderful. I'm a little too far South USA or I'd love family portraits and more! :)

Thanks wren. I really appreciate that. Sure my website is an online storefront for my photography business but I love to get eyeballs on my work.

I really need to update that site though. I have quite a backlog of photos I need to get up there. I love doing family portraits and weddings and I even enjoy prepossessing the pictures afterward being something of a Photoshop jock. I spend so much time getting the best images possible for my clients but when it comes to the marketing side of things I just suck. From what I've seen, this forum is full of the same kind of people who populate Lynsay's novels, hard working overachievers. Maybe if I hang around here long enough some of that will rub off on me. I can always hope.

Also my website is when you can see what really look like. If you were under the impression that my avatar was not very flattering you with see the the truth. Not even nannos could do much with that mug.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Goober on January 10th, 2011, 11:28 am

Howdy, the names Tatiana. *waves happily smiling brightly*
I'm 22 (going on 23 next month; febuary 16), I'm currently going to community college for my general degree, then I'm going for radiology (x-rays). I'm not really all that exciting, I currently don't have a job, but I'm looking for one.

I first picked up a Lindsy Sands book out of pure randomness. My library had Victor and Thomas' stories in their "new books" section I don't remember which one caught my eye, but I was desprite for something to read and they sounded good. So away I went with Victor and Thomas and it was love at first chapter, they were funny, I wasn't constantly reading about how damed and depressed the characters were, and the sex blew my mind! I've never read something so erotic, but that was written so simply. (meaning that they weren't explaining every little detail) Ihad taken the first drag and I was hooked it didn't take long for me to collect most of the other books and with each character my love for the books and the lives I read about became stronger. It helped too that the author actually took time to interact with her readers. When I had gotten all the immortal books my local store had I branched out into the historical books and found just as much lust and love for those books as I did for my immortals. Needing to fuel my addiction more I searched for them online nearly brought to tears by how little there was about them, but then I found all of you wonderful people and I do beleve; if y'all don't mind my saying so, I may have found my new home. :D
I can't wait to get to know you all more.
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby susan60625 on January 11th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Well, Goober, we are generally a fun bunch of people here! Occasionally, we have our down moments, but then we come here and there is always a ton of support. That's what friends are for, after all! We welcome all comers here and if you keep up with all of your posting, you'll be "turned" immortal soon and won't have to wait for the moderators (who are Lynsay and her assistant, Terri (who is also her sister!)) to put your posts through. This process was put into place to keep out spammers and kooks!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on January 11th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Hi Tatiana, As I write this I can see that you've been turned. I've just had that privilege myself. You suppose that means we're related?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 11th, 2011, 8:51 pm

TomEC wrote:Hi Tatiana, As I write this I can see that you've been turned. I've just had that privilege myself. You suppose that means we're related?

Definitely! Image If not before, then you are now! Image
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions