*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Lynsay on January 26th, 2011, 10:41 am

Nope, I pronounce is Lou-Chee-en which I believe is the french way to say it but could be wrong...never been to France. <grin> Although, they did invite me (my french publisher) They offered to fly me out in March and put me up in a hotel and everything, but sadly, I'll be mid-deadline on Jeanne Louise's book so had to say no. Sigh. No Paris for me in the Springtime.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on January 26th, 2011, 10:43 am

That's the way the audio books pronounce it.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 26th, 2011, 1:45 pm

Jewelz wrote:
susan60625 wrote:I don't know if I'm right, but I always pronounce it as Loo-shen.

I've always pronounced Lucian's name like you Sue, but I think Lynsay calls him Loo-chin. I know a few months ago Lynsay had made a voice recording of the names. I can't remember where I downloaded it from. Does anyone remember? :?

The link was posted on this thread, Jewelz, but we can no longer download that file. It's location is no longer available. I may have it saved, or sin might have it...she is better about keeping up with computer things. We really need an updated recording though, as Lynsay has written several books since then! :)

Maybe Terri & Lynsay will be able to find time in their schedules to make an updated recording of Lynsay pronouncing the names & post it for us in a permanent location. Yes, Lyns, we know you dislike how you sound on recordings, but it's just for your forum peeps...and we like hearing the proper way to say the names of the characters. We need one for the historical books, too! :D Remember, our beloved author, we need to know, as we are the official fan club, and so we are your public ambassadors. It wouldn't do to be mispronouncing the character's names when we are busy making "turns" to any of your books! ;)
wren

Postby wren on January 26th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Lynsay wrote:Nope, I pronounce is Lou-Chee-en which I believe is the french way to say it but could be wrong...never been to France. <grin> Although, they did invite me (my french publisher) They offered to fly me out in March and put me up in a hotel and everything, but sadly, I'll be mid-deadline on Jeanne Louise's book so had to say no. Sigh. No Paris for me in the Springtime.

Lynsay

sin & I pronounce it Lou-Shee-en...with the /sh/ sound like in 'shell'...is that the same way you are saying it...or is it the /ch/ sound as in 'church'?
wren

Postby Lynsay on January 28th, 2011, 11:27 am

ch as in ch-ch-ch-chia! LOL. Or chapel, church, chair...Lou-chee-en.....but that's just me....well, and everyone else in the family. Don't think he'll mind if you use the shhh sound

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 28th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Lynsay wrote:ch as in ch-ch-ch-chia! LOL. Or chapel, church, chair...Lou-chee-en.....but that's just me....well, and everyone else in the family. Don't think he'll mind if you use the shhh sound

Lynsay

sheesh, I still have a hard time remembering to say Inez correctly...I had only ever heard it pronounced as I - nez...and you pronounced it more like E - nez on the recording. Now I have to relearn Lucian's name? Of all Immortals, it has to be him? <sigh> It's only that he is either in or mentioned in every book!!!! :oops: :P Okay, I'll try to say his name correctly to new turns, but when it's just us, Lucian will have to tolerate my mispronunciation! <grin> Wait til I tell sin... :shock: ;) :D

At least we all learned how to say Eshe correctly when you first introduced her on the forum! :lol: 8-)

Then again, I could take a hint from Jo & call Lucian by some of her colorful nicknames for him! :P :lol:
wren

Postby Lynsay on February 2nd, 2011, 11:31 pm

LOL Wren. I'm sure he won't mind. He's old, he's used to being called names <Grin>

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on February 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm

I just finished my second listening to the audio version of Bite Me If You Can as I worked my way through another long night. This time, through, I noticed that the reader couldn't seem to decide which way to pronounce Lucian's name. half the time he pronounced it Lynsay's way "Lou-Chee-en" and the other half of the time he pronounced it Wren's way "Lou-Shee-en." As I listen my way through the series again, it's pretty clear that they mostly go with Lynsay's way of pronouncing it.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby jill on February 18th, 2011, 8:41 pm

gonna have to read it again and pronounce it the right way in my head this time lol...I have been saying wrong all a long go figure. O well I am from Jersey we always talk funny :)
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby sin on February 18th, 2011, 10:33 pm

I can think of a few names to call him ;) mauhahha

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters