The Heiress *SPOILERS*

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

The Heiress *SPOILERS*

Postby ElectricFedora on February 22nd, 2011, 6:36 pm

I figure since the book came out today we will need this thread. Just picked up the book at the mall and plan to read it tonight. So be prepared for this thread to light up tomorrow or Thursday.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Re: The Heiress *SPOILERS*

Postby Jewelz on February 22nd, 2011, 7:31 pm

Yep, its time to go shopping.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on February 22nd, 2011, 7:37 pm

Mine's in the mail, but I just got The Countess in today's mail. Thank goodness for my income tax refund! :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby jill on February 25th, 2011, 7:50 pm

just waiting for my copy
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Jewelz on February 26th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Okay, I've had to work the last three nights. So I've only been able to read about half of it so far. I'm on page # 173. I'm loving it so far!!! I've enjoyed both of the carriage scene's, in addition to the rest of the book. Especially the part where Suzette tends to torture Daniel on their ride back to London. Daniel's a real sweetie! :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Denise on March 1st, 2011, 3:46 pm

Good to see what was going on behind the scenes, so to speak, though it felt odd a times. I'd be willing to bet it was hard to write since you had to revisit so many of The Countess scenes and keep it accurate. Enjoyed it and wasn't thinking about the extra villain floating around. I guess there's still the club owner to deal with, too, since he was in on it. Wondering if we'll see him in Lisa's story? Looking forward to that one. Wish it was next month!
Denise

Postby ElectricFedora on March 2nd, 2011, 6:43 am

I loved it! I finished it the other day but haven't had the chance to get onto the forum. I also got my signed copy in the mail two days ago thank you so much Lynsay. It was a little odd reading it since you knew exactly what was going to happen at some parts. I'm excited for Lisa's book so much since she's the romance book reader of the group XD Lord knows what she has read about "maypoles"
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby Jewelz on March 4th, 2011, 3:00 am

Holy cow! I didn't even think of Danvers being involved. Guess I wouldn't make a very good detective. Best stick to nursing. Its so amazing how you can keep writing story after story. Suzette's and lady Catherine's interactions were so heart warming. I absolutely loved this one. Too bad it took me so long to finally finish it. But I had some issues going on at home. Haven't even read the new Pamela Palmer release. I've had it for almost two weeks now. Can't wait to read Lisa's book. Hope she's not giving you too much trouble. :D Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories. X's & O's ! -Jewelz

Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on March 5th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Wow! What an interesting way to tell a story! I agree with Denise that it must have been hard to write the same scenes from the different perspectives. I kept having to go back and read the scenes again while reading the book. My mind kept recognizing the conversations and skimming ahead to something new. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book, but it just took me longer to read than a normal Lynsay book. I loved the scene with Daniel having 3 hands! Albeit one being very cold! LOL! While I didn't know who the culprit was, after Suzette found the letter, I realized that Daniel had been the target of the murder attempts and not Richard, especially after remembering Freddie saying to Christiana that if Dicky was still alive, he would have found a way to have Daniel be killed in order for his plan to procede.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Return to Discuss the books