What is your Favorite...

This is where the fun stuff lives

What is your Favorite...

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 5th, 2010, 12:19 pm

This is a new game, where every few days I will ask a new "What is your favorite" question. Tell us your favorite, and tell us why.

First Question...

What is your Favorite Christmas (Or Holiday) Album?

My Favorite is 20th century masters Oak Ridge Boys' Christmas Collection. It has several of my Favorite songs, including First Christmas Gift, which this year has helped me get over my holiday blues. There is als a song called When you Give it Away, which is about the true reason for the Season....
grlnxtdr29

Re: What is your Favorite...

Postby Denise on December 6th, 2010, 6:09 pm

I have four Christmas albums that I MUST listen to every year, and if they were the only ones I'd be content.

Carpenters - A Christmas Portrait
First Call - An Evening in December
Andy Williams and the Williams Brothers - The Williams Brothers Christmas Album
Roger Whittaker - The Roger Whittaker Christmas Album
Denise

Postby MysticFan on March 3rd, 2011, 5:05 am

GND, I like the idea of this game. I see that it hasn't been played much at all and thought that maybe we could start it back up. I think it would be a great way to get to know each other a little better. :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby grlnxtdr29 on March 3rd, 2011, 9:58 am

that was one of the reasons I started it. I could continue it with a new What is your Favorite Question...

What is your Favorite Animal?
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on March 3rd, 2011, 11:55 am

My favorite animal .... Wow, that's tough! I love almost all animals. I don't even have a real issue with snakes. I'd totally have a boa or a python if there was such a thing as Snake Chow. I could never feed them live animals! I guess it would probably be easier to say what animals I don't like -- Anything with more than 4 arms/legs. Namely BUGS!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on March 3rd, 2011, 2:12 pm

I'm with you Susan. I've been an animal lover for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid I used to love to watch nature shows of all kinds; including Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom." I would wait for that show to come on. Any books about animals I could get my hands on, I was there. We weren't allowed to have very many pets, though. Just fish and some cats. Ironically, Theresa and I don't have any pets now. I've kind of come to the opinion that animals aren't there for our amusement. Nothing against pets, but I just feel that, unless we have time to give them the attention they deserve, most animals should be left alone. They'll get along just fine without us. I kind of fume when I think about animals being snatched from the wild because somebody decided they would make a good pet.

Oh and Susan, it's nice to hear that somebody doesn't have an issue with snakes. I'm not personally in love with them or anything but I don't see what the big deal is unless of course it's venomous, then I'll keep my distance. One story I get razzed about, was when I was a little kid and I found an injured garter snake that someone had attacked with a shovel. I apparently took it in and put a bandage on it but it's injuries were too severe and I couldn't save it. The animals I like the least are ones with more than two eyes, venomous fangs or stingers. I'm practical that way.

Before anyone goes getting the wrong impression, I'm not a vegan. I'm an omnivore. Like my favorite animal, I love my meat. It is possible to love animals without having an overly sentimental view of nature. When you grow up in a farming area, you quickly learn some hard truths about life and death. I've seen firsthand how the meat gets to our table. They are not happy memories but instructive. Just know that if you've ever seen lions making a kill on a nature show, it's actually kinder the way we do it. Like it or not, we are predators.

My favorite animal is the wolf. They have a lot in common with us and it's no coincidence that their descendants, dogs, are considered to be our best friends. Historically, gray wolves are, next to us, the most successful and widely distributed large land predators on earth.They have ranged across the whole of the northern hemisphere from tropical and subtropical regions to the shores of the Arctic Ocean. It's no wonder that Europeans have, throughout their history, had such a superstitious fear them. They were our main competition. Good on them! Image

The proceeding information dump may give you a hint as to why I don't get invited to a lot a parties. Sometimes, I even bore Theresa.
Last edited by TomEC on March 4th, 2011, 4:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on March 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

I Love all Kinds of animals, too (yes, even Snakes), and I have to agree that most thing with more than 4 legs are best kept a (GREAT) Distance. But I would Have to say my Favorite animal is Dogs. I've had my share of Dogs, cats, mice, and hamsters over the years, but dogs have always been my favorite
grlnxtdr29

Postby tkw5002 on March 12th, 2011, 3:50 pm

lol, hands down for me, I have to go with HORSES!!!!!!! I <3 horses!!!!!! Always have ever since I was little. Don't get me wrong, I do love all animals, but I must say that horses are my favorite. I love their grace, ease, and pride. A lot of people just think they are some dumb animal that belongs in a barn or in front of a cart, but I completely disagree. Horses are very intelligent animals and you have to earn their trust. It's not easily given out. I also like just being able to look into their big eyes and wonder what they are actually seeing. Sorry, didn't mean to go to deep with this one. lol, easiest way to say it, I love horses!!!!!!!!!!! :D
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby KittyGirl on April 23rd, 2012, 1:53 am

Its obviously been a while since the last post but what the hey. I Love cats! Every single one, the big ones are just anmazing to watch and the small ones are just so..independant and have such different personailites from one to the other that you just have to wonder just how smart they are. They are as varried as we are what with their colorings, shapes, sizes, and like said above their personailities. Did ya'll know that a snow leopard is so gentle that it is VERY likly to run from a farmer if attacked than to fight back? Those fluffy sweetys will usualy only fight if needed. And they use their long fluffy tails as blankets, placing the end on their face so they don't freeze when they lay down. Now how cute is that!?

But I love all animals cats just catch most of my attention and like most of ya'll I hate bugs. Mostly spiders. Snakes are neat and mice are adorable! Exspecialy the little babies. To hear one of those little squeaks from them would melt your heart :D
"DISTRACTION!!!" "Where!?"

"Oh my great cheese tree of picture frame.."

"Is there a doctor in the house!?" "I am!" "Ok." ^_^
KittyGirl

Postby Rogue on January 24th, 2014, 3:12 pm

My favorite animal is the snow leopard. Rare, beautiful and powerful, they have always awed me.
Torture is also a form of communication
Rogue

Next

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff