Reprints!!!

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Reprints!!!

Postby susan60625 on April 8th, 2011, 5:58 pm

I received an email today for Avon's Author Tracker for Lynsay. 4 of her original Dorchester historicals are finally being re-released under the Avon label. We can now purchase new copies (with new covers!) of The Brat, The Perfect Wife, The Chase and What She Wants! I'm so tempted to just get them with the new covers, but, alas, money is too tight for that right now. :D :D :D :D
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Re: Reprints!!!

Postby ElectricFedora on April 16th, 2011, 3:07 pm

I;m so excited! I haven't been able to track down most of these in there original print so I can't wait to grab up the new ones!
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby Jewelz on April 16th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Thats great! But I'm stilll missing "Sweet Revenge". I ordered it last January from a used book dealer, and it never came. I think I'm going to drive to Nampa and check out a couple of used book stores this week. My dad raved and put the birdie in my ear about these book stores in Nampa along the a little cafe next to them. So now I'm itching to check them out before I try to order online again. :D Wish me luck.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on April 16th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Jewelz wrote:Thats great! But I'm stilll missing "Sweet Revenge". I ordered it last January from a used book dealer, and it never came. I think I'm going to drive to Nampa and check out a couple of used book stores this week. My dad raved and put the birdie in my ear about these book stores in Nampa along the a little cafe next to them. So now I'm itching to check them out before I try to order online again. :D Wish me luck.

Hey, Jewelz! I know what you mean about Sweet Revenge! It is the hardest one to find. I just found it myself and it is sitting in my TBR pile.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on April 17th, 2011, 9:24 am

Have a safe and fun trip Jewelz.. We have a new used book store in town and hopefully I will get a chance to see what they have of Lynsay's.. Then maybe I can get more of her historicals..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on April 17th, 2011, 10:49 am

I don't have Sweet Revenge yet either (same reason...because I can't find it...maybe Avon will remedy that for us soon :) ) and I need to get The Reluctant Reformer because I read it first from the library when I was discovering Lynsay's books. It was the first novel of Lynsay's that I read, although I had read a story in the anthology Wish List first...so in a way, Lisa Kleypas introduced me to Lynsay Sands. KimberlyK found Wish List in hardcover like new at a used books store, and sent it to me as a gift the first year we were on the forum together, as anthologies are often hard to find, too. We make such wonderful, generous friends here!

At the moment, my hystericals are being held 'hostage' by my sisters, nieces, and maybe my Momma (though she reads faster than I do, so she may have read them already) on the coast. I don't usually lend my Lynsay books to anyone, but they had no way to get the Dorchester historical books & I don't know yet if they have all finished reading them. Sharing with your family is a little different. After all, I KNOW where they live and how to find my books! ;) Some of the anthologies can be difficult to find, especially those published earlier. I don't have very many of them, and haven't loaned them out at all. A novella is short enough for my relatives to read when they visit me! :lol: I know, that was very naughty of me! I'm trying to feel remorseful! Image Don't worry...Gypsy & Seashell are fully capable of putting me in my place, especially if they decide to do the "twin thing" and gang up on their big sister! :P

I love the beautiful new historical book covers. I find that most of my fave books are written by authors who write for Avon, so I guess I've grown to prefer their pretty cover art. It will take awhile to collect the new covers historical books, because as Sue & sin have mentioned, money is tight this year...a lot tighter than before...which is eating into our books & hobbies budgets. {big sigh} I'm glad the new cover books will make pretty gifts for birthdays so my sisters and nieces will have their own copies! 8-)
wren

Postby Lynsay on April 17th, 2011, 11:16 am

I love the new covers. Every time I get one I go "Oooooo" lol. And I'm glad they're finally reissuing them. They're supposed to be doing them all over the next year or two. They even bought the rights to Loving Daylights and plan to do that again. YAY

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on April 17th, 2011, 11:21 am

Lynsay wrote:I love the new covers. Every time I get one I go "Oooooo" lol. And I'm glad they're finally reissuing them. They're supposed to be doing them all over the next year or two. They even bought the rights to Loving Daylights and plan to do that again. YAY

Lynsay

WooHoo...now that is some HAPPY NEWS! I will get them...it will just take some time. Glad they're reissuing them slowly as it may make it more affordable for us to collect them along the way! :D Excet\pt I hope they issue Loving Daylight sooner rather than later! 8-)
wren

Postby sin on April 17th, 2011, 12:16 pm

can not wait to get them either..whoo hooo

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby ElectricFedora on April 26th, 2011, 11:56 am

Yay! <3 I just ordered The new releases. I love the new covers as well, especially The Brat's cover. I like it best. Although I will say I really really love the original three covers for Love Bites, Tall, Dark and Hungry and Single White Vampire. I want more reprints. I have a very hard time finding Lynsay's old books because we don't really have any used bookstores around me. :cry: And B&N is getting some hate. My store didnt order them in! So I have to buy them online. How could they not stock a release by Lynsay! Shame Shame! :evil:
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Next

Return to Discuss the books