Christian Notte

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Christian Notte

Postby susan60625 on September 14th, 2010, 4:34 pm

sin wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Hey, Sin! What kind of spreadsheet have the two of you cooked up? I have one, that's basically a family tree. I'd like to see what you two came up with and see how it compares to mine. Would you be able to email it to me? Thanks!

That I can sis Sue. I did it back on the old forum. It has the time lines, immortals & their mates, children, etc. Along with the book covers. Old &new (3) Give me a bit to update it with the last 2 and get the cover for HFY on it and it will be there. :)

Thanks!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on September 15th, 2010, 6:25 am

Lynsay wrote:Gees, Wren, hon, I'm gonna start checking with you when I need info, lol. Seriously, you know more than I can remember.

You know where to find me anytime! *giggle* Seriously, Thanks Lyns...that's quite a complement. :)

Some of it I know because of my interest in names & meanings. It's an interest that goes back to my childhood. I don't know why I have that fascination...I've just always liked researching the names of people and places, and history was my favorite subject in school. I've always been an avid reader. My mother was an avid reader, and read to all of her daughters & her grandchildren from the time we were babies until we were reading with her, and though my father never had the opportunity for college, he is self-taught in so many subjects through all the things he reads that he amazes us with all the things he knows!

I remember a lot about the Immortal clans from when you have posted information before, and I can always do a quick search when I know it's on the forum. Those of us who play the forum games find that it helps us to learn quotes and traits of the characters and entire scenes of a story & much more, and we don't focus only on the well-known parts of the series or most popular characters. We include the evil villains and or those who may have been a side character in one book, and we try to find new questions & quotes to "stump" each other from lesser known scenes or small details that may otherwise have been missed. It's also fun, because we get to know one another better while we play. Too, sin & I are rather ancient in "forum Immortal" terms, so we've read & discussed the books many times, plus we can remember posts from the old forum & have many things saved from there. *grin* Sometimes I think your publisher should hire us for marketing purposes! ;) :lol: Unfortunately, I donna ken the hystericals as well, since we don't have a games section for those and they aren't all part of one series. I have started on a names & meanings list for the historical books, but it's still in the works. Oh well, nobody is perfect, not even me! :lol: Currently my hysterical historicals are actually on loan...but only because it was to my nieces. Reading the Argeneaus led to them reading Seashell's copy of Devil Of The Highlands, which led to an interest in knowing more, so when Gypsy & Kewie visited last month, Kewie took all of the hystericals and the shapeshifter anthologies home with them, with promises that they would take excellent care of them. I highly recommended Always after they finish The Scottish Trilogy. :D

Lynsay wrote:As for the Notte name, most clan members keep the immortal clan name in some version or other, either switching off with the married name or altering it slightly. For instance, Mila married an English baron, but he took on the name Notte, though they switch out with his English name when they have to do the move and name change thing, but the children are considered Nottes, and other immortals still know them as Nottes whether using Notte or the father's name. It identifies their source.

With Cale, because his father was an immortal, Cale and his brothers switch between Valens and Argeneau rather than Pimms, their step-father's name. They are members of both clans Valens and Argeneau.

When I mention some version of it, I mean the name may have been altered centuries ago to suit the country where that branch settled. Alexandrina from The Reluctant Vampire is Alexandrina Argenis, the Spanish version of the root word for Argeneau.

Marguerite is now Marguerite Argeneau-Notte. Well this decade anyway.

Lynsay

Thanks for the additional info, Lynsay. I thought Mila married an English Baron, but I wasn't sure about it and didn't have Reginald's last name to put in the list. Armand was a Baron when he was married to Susanna, and that is why he had to go to court after Nicholas' birth. That made me think to ask if Reginald was born Immortal or did Mila turn him, or is that something you can tell us yet? See, I can't remember everything. Sometimes I have to go back and have another reread! 8-)
wren

Postby susan60625 on April 11th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Did anyone watch Dancing With the Stars last night (4-11-11)? They had a violinist on the show that TOTALLY reminded me of Christian! I could see Christian doing that type of performance! But, then again, maybe I'm just dying for his book to come out. Hmmmmm....... :roll:
susan60625

Postby susan60625 on April 13th, 2011, 11:15 am

Okay! In case you didn't get to see Dancing With the Stars this week, here's a YouTube submission of the violinist they had on there. His name is David Garrett. Ladies (and Gentleman!), you tell me. Could this not be Christian Notte, or what? Tell me I'm not the only one!

http://youtu.be/PfaBSk7Auog
susan60625

Postby Lynsay on April 13th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Nah, you're not the only one, sweetie, lol

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Mabel48 on April 13th, 2011, 7:37 pm

susan60625 wrote:Okay! In case you didn't get to see Dancing With the Stars this week, here's a YouTube submission of the violinist they had on there. His name is David Garrett. Ladies (and Gentleman!), you tell me. Could this not be Christian Notte, or what? Tell me I'm not the only one!

WOW!!
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby Rawr on April 13th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Darn you Susan. Now I'm drooling over yet ANOTHER man. XD I do appreciate new modern classical music to listen too. Makes me wish I was still a ballerina.
Rawr

Postby susan60625 on April 13th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Rawr wrote:Darn you Susan. Now I'm drooling over yet ANOTHER man. XD I do appreciate new modern classical music to listen too. Makes me wish I was still a ballerina.

I'll tell you what Rawr. Next time I have some extra money, I'm investing is some David Garrett CD's. I know, I know. CD's are archaic, but I don't have an iPod! At least, I'm beyond albums and tapes! LOL! ;) :roll:
susan60625

Postby ElectricFedora on April 16th, 2011, 3:16 pm

MHm I think if he had shorter hair it would work better...*puts paper over the hair* Yup, just needs shorter hair IMO.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby wren on April 17th, 2011, 7:45 am

susan60625 wrote:Okay! In case you didn't get to see Dancing With the Stars this week, here's a YouTube submission of the violinist they had on there. His name is David Garrett. Ladies (and Gentleman!), you tell me. Could this not be Christian Notte, or what? Tell me I'm not the only one!

Oh, my word...I'm almost speechless, sis! Image

Lynsay wrote:Nah, you're not the only one, sweetie, lol

Lynsay

Lynsay, they practically drew this guy to be Christian to your specifications! Your sculptor could almost use him as a model! WOW!! Sue is most definitely not the only one!! Image Oh, and Sue, I most certainly do mean that this guy could make you want to "lose conscience!" Several times & become addicted to his "love bites!" Image Hey, don't blame me for Lynsay giving me "ideas"...absolutely delightfully delicious ideas! :lol:

Go forth, Cara, and meet your life mate at last! Muah! xoxo

Yeah, we know you still have to wait on your book, but when it comes to publishing, even the AE4 with all our powers combined can only do so much...it's a "marketing" thing & that little irritating clause about not using our powers for "personal gain" :roll:

Um, Thomas...this is one of those times we wicked ladies may get a little "naughty"...just so you know, but we'll try to keep it out of the gutter! Manly point-of-view is always welcome!! ;)

ElectricFedora wrote:MHm I think if he had shorter hair it would work better...*puts paper over the hair* Yup, just needs shorter hair IMO.

ElF, I agree that we all form an idea of what each character looks like to us, but by Lynsay's description of him in ABTR, Christian has long hair.. long enough to pull back in a ponytail. I can definitely "see" David Garrett as Christian Notte! As Mabel48 says WOW!! As MsKitty would say, Phwroar! (or however she spells it <g>) As for me, YUMMY!!!! Image
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters