Sweet Revenge

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Sweet Revenge

Postby Denise on July 22nd, 2008, 2:19 pm

Just finished this one last week and really liked it. Nothing like a wicked stepmother and Knight in shining armor, well okay, a highlander in a Scottish plaid, to make a book great. Loved the secondary characters, too. Galen's men were very lovable. And I was completely taken by surprise with how everything linked together in the end (hope that isn't a spoiler).
Denise

Re: Sweet Revenge

Postby love2read on July 28th, 2008, 4:27 am

oh man i still need to get that book! now i want it even more! :D
love2read

Postby susan60625 on December 24th, 2010, 11:59 am

This is the only historical of Lynsay's that I haven't been able to find! Any ideas out there?
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on December 29th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Amazon.com has several copies available under $3.00.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on March 30th, 2011, 6:55 pm

I finally found a copy on eBay that's not costing me a fortune. I'm sorry Lynsay, but I won't pay $25.00 or more for one of the paperbacks! It was shipped today. I can't wait! After this, I'll have read all of the historicals! Except the anthologies and the Hannah Howell's.
susan60625

Postby wren on April 17th, 2011, 11:18 am

susan60625 wrote:I finally found a copy on eBay that's not costing me a fortune. I'm sorry Lynsay, but I won't pay $25.00 or more for one of the paperbacks! It was shipped today. I can't wait! After this, I'll have read all of the historicals! Except the anthologies and the Hannah Howell's.

Lyns wouldn't expect or want us to pay that kind of money, Sue. She is even concerned about Avon releasing her books in hardcover because she frets about the financial difficulty it will put on her average readers, like those of us who buy her newly released paperbacks, but can't afford them new in hardcover. She hasn't forgotten when she was in the same position on buying new books.

As far as eBay and used books sites and the like are concerned, those who are making the sales on these websites are getting any profits, not Lynsay or the publisher, so paying those prices only benefits the seller. Lynsay & her publisher received whatever profits were made when the book was first released or later new print runs. Unfortunately, it's not like movies or music where those involved receive royalties from every showing or sale, depending on their contract. Lynsay knows some of her books are still hard to find any other way, and doesn't object to us trying to find them all, but she doesn't want anyone making us 'overpay' for them either. $25.00+ would be like paying for a new hardcover book for a used paperback. Those who are charging those prices are just being greedy and trying to take advantage of those of us who collect all of Lynsay Sands work. Ditto for any other authors we might be collecting.

Dear sweet & sassy Sue, if any of us found that you had paid that for a used paperback anywhere, online or not, several of your sisters would have to come to the windy city to check if a 3-on-1 had been performed on you or if there was a rogue on the loose using mind control on innocents, kwim? :lol:
wren

Postby susan60625 on April 17th, 2011, 12:07 pm

wren wrote:Dear sweet & sassy Sue, if any of us found that you had paid that for a used paperback anywhere, online or not, several of your sisters would have to come to the windy city to check if a 3-on-1 had been performed on you or if there was a rogue on the loose using mind control on innocents, kwim? :lol: [/b][/color]

Oh, dear sis Wren! Whenever you want to come to the Windy City, I'd be more than happy to see you! You don't need to have that as an excuse!
susan60625

Postby susan60625 on April 20th, 2011, 6:56 pm

As always, Lynsay, this book was well worth the wait!!!! Such a great story! Of course, you've left a whole host of secondary characters that are crying out for books of their own. I don't think you'll ever be able to retire! You've got too many characters waiting in limbo to tell you their stories. As always, I laughed out loud in several places. I loved Robby and how proud he was of his first encounter with Kyla! (I'm being careful not to drop any spoilers. Too many historical readers haven't found this book yet!)

I think I need to get my eyes checked however. Looking at the cover on the website, I was convinced that this was a colonial American story! The female on the cover looked like a Native American and the bare chest of the male could have easily been a warrior! I completely missed the plaid of the kilt! LOL!

BTW, have you ever considered writing a book about the American, or even Canadian colonial periods? I think that's a whole wellspring of material just aching for your humorous style!
susan60625

Postby Lynsay on April 21st, 2011, 12:18 am

Thanks Susan. Actually I did at one point and my editor said, no, it doesn't sell. Grimace. Editors!

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on April 21st, 2011, 12:28 pm

Lynsay wrote:Thanks Susan. Actually I did at one point and my editor said, no, it doesn't sell. Grimace. Editors!

Lynsay

Phooey! Well, I hope that situation changes. Also, let your editor know that true Lynsay Sands fans will read whatever historical period you decide to write about!
susan60625

Next

Return to Discuss the books