Contest #8 - It Was Well Worth The Chase

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Contest #8 - It Was Well Worth The Chase

Postby terri on May 31st, 2011, 9:59 am

As I just mentioned, a few of Lynsay old titles were reissued on April 26th. The Brat, The Chase, The Perfect Wife, What She Wants and the ebook version of The Loving Daylights.

So we are offering up a signed copy of The Chase with the old cover. Please tell us about something you had to pursue to win, find or earn and you're so happy you did. Short but sweet is best but if you have a long tale then that's good too.

Please post your entries on the forum under this topic by Jun 28th at midnight. (I'd prefer NOT to get email entries).

Good luck everyone!

Terri

Note: We will be in NYC for the RWA conference so please be patient to find out who the winner is and getting the prize as we likely won't be able to address this until second week in July at the earliest.
terri
Site Admin

Re: Contest #8 - It Was Well Worth The Chase

Postby Denise on May 31st, 2011, 4:51 pm

This is one that I've already got and it's autographed, too. So good luck everyone!
Denise

Postby terri on June 2nd, 2011, 9:23 am

No one wants to participate? Even if you have the book you could win it and have it signed as a gift for someone else.

Just a thought. <G>

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Goober on June 2nd, 2011, 10:51 am

i'm not quite sure if I'm doing this right, but I'll give it a shot;

Since I graduated high school (in 2007), I only really got one job, it was one I seriously disliked, so once I got the chance to relocate with my parents for a chance at better jobs I took it, but since that happened in about 2008 I haven't had a job, I got seriously depressed partly because I didn't have anyone to hang out with or anything. But then when we got the chance to move back because my dad got his old job back I kept working to try to find a new job, and I finally got one! It's not perfect but it's better than my first one, I'm a lot happier and I don't feel like such a failure.

At the risk of making this longer then it already is, I'll just leave it at that, again not sure I did this right, but I gave it my best shot. <3
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby sin on June 2nd, 2011, 4:58 pm

Well I found my cat. She came to the back door of the house I lived in and head butted it trying to get in. (melted my icy heart) I told her she could not come in this is not her house. Well she had different ideas. Henceforth her name is Hooch. Yes from the movie. She was a stray and I took her in. She has been a godsend to me. A confident, shoulder to cry on and my best friend when I was hurting and troubled. She gives unconditional love and support.

And just asks for head pats and food in return.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby terri on June 7th, 2011, 3:45 pm

great entries goober and sin. And that's what we're looking for. :-)
terri
Site Admin

Postby ElectricFedora on June 11th, 2011, 11:05 am

I've had to "Chase" My way up in school. When I was younger I was in all kinds of special needs programs and doing horrible in school. In grade school I was the class clown because I didn't want to care about my work. Then when I was graduating from grade school to middle school my special needs teacher told my mom never to expect anything from me, that I was going to go no where in my life. I decided I didn't like that, So I started to work harder, to do me my best and not be scared of failing if I was trying my hardest. In middle school my grades took a giant leep up but as it came time for me to go to high school my guidance counselor refused to put me in honors social studies because at that time I was still in a resource class. I was upset but their was nothing I could do, So once I got to high school I got rid of my Resource class and refused to have one. I said I didn't need it, which was true. Once school started, about a week in my English teacher tried to transfer me to honors English but they wouldn't let me giving some stupid remark which was totally incorrect. So I had to stay in regulars which lead to me needing to "chase" to learn in English that year because as fun as my teacher was we learned nothing from her, I worked hard enough to get myself to be in English honors this year even though i had 47 absences over the year. Social studies didn't go quite as planned, I made the grades but my teacher refused to put someone with my attendance record into the AP program. So then it came to this year, I made sure to be in school only having around 20 absent days all year and in social studies I didn't get more then four multiple choice questions wrong on a test. I'm going to be in AP US History next year. Oh, I was also one of the few kids in my honors English class to make perfect participation grades for every quarter and I will be moving into AP English next year. Overall I've had to work myself, chase, race and be more determined. I've become my best advocate when I'm being treated unfairly. Lastly, I've proven my Resource teacher wrong, I am making something of myself and I will be somebody. This Chase still isn't over but when it is, I know it will be very much worth all the time, frustration and tears its caused.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby lindithium on June 16th, 2011, 2:16 pm

My freedom from an a verbally, and then finally physically abusive husband was well worth the chase. I married him for the wrong reasons, and paid for it. I found myself pregnant shortly after we had been dating for a while. I didn't think we needed to be married just because we were going to have a kid, but his family didn't see it that way. They pestered me constantly about the baby needed a complete family.
I gave in and we married. It wasn't long before I started seeing that my new husband was a pathological liar. He would lie about anything, and everything. It got to the point where if he told me it was raining I looked out the window to check. As bad as that was it wasn't the worst of it. He had a violent temper, and was extremely jealous. He had not hit me yet, but he constantly broke everthing I loved, whenever he got mad.
I didn't have a way to get out so I had no choice, but to bide my time.
He got hurt at work, and went on light duty. I was already working as a switchboard operator(ok receptionist). When a job opportunity came up at the company, and I jumped on it. I started working more hours, but I was making more than enough money to cover our bills, and save. At this time my husband decides to take a vacation from work, and his senses. The money I was making was disappearing. Bills were not getting paid. I was going over my bank statement on my day off. He was at the grocery store. I hear the front door open, and watch as hispregnant exgirlfriend walks in all the while chatting away on her phone. She dropped her purse on the couch, and was about to kick off her shoes. I said what the h*** are you doing here?! She stopped dead in her tracks grabbed her stuff, and ran for the door. I ran after her and caught her by the hair. I wasn't going to hurt her, she was at least 6 months along. I just wanted an answer to my question. She had been seeing my husband for awhile, the baby was his, and they were spending my pay on crack. I let her go. When my husband got home I had mine and my son's bags packed. He decided I wasn't leaving with Mikey, and told me so with a punch to the face. He knocked me to the ground and started kicking, and stomping on me. I was able to kick him in the stomach and run out the front door. I went to the police station, and told them what happened. They went to the house, got my son out of there, and arrested him. Mikey and I have never looked back.
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Postby Denise on June 21st, 2011, 2:57 pm

Lindithium, so glad you were able to "Chase" down a new life for you and your son. My heart goes out to all those in situations like this who have not been able to get out.
Denise

Postby lindithium on June 29th, 2011, 12:03 pm

Thanks Denise. I know not every women stuck in a violent marriage has a way out. Some stay out of fear, others dependence I wish there was a way to help them all.
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Next

Return to Forum Contests