Audiobook Readers.

Audiobook Readers.

Postby TomEC on February 3rd, 2011, 3:20 pm

I guess I needed to start a new thread on this since the others under "Argeneau Audiobooks" seem a bit out of date.

I just want to say that as an audiobook listener (out of necessity) I'm happy overall with the quality of the stuff I've gotten. My favorite reader of the lot is the current guy they have reading the books: Kirby Heyborne, the guy's good. One caveat though, whenever he does Leigh, he seems to give her a British accent, at least that's what it sounds like to me.It annoys me every time I hear it. I appreciate that he's trying to give every character a unique voice, and I really love the way he does Lucian, but Leigh is not British. So I hope he catches on to that fact and stops it.

Just something I thought you might want to mention if the audiobook publishers ever consult on this.
Last edited by TomEC on February 25th, 2011, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Re: Audiobook Readers.

Postby jill on February 25th, 2011, 7:51 pm

do you know which ones are on audio?
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby TomEC on February 25th, 2011, 8:17 pm

jill wrote:do you know which ones are on audio?

Actually all of Lynsay's Argeneau books are in audio format in a number of places such as Audible.com and BooksOnBoard I think. The only ones of Lynsay's historical romances I've seen in audio format are the Highland books.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby jill on February 26th, 2011, 2:15 pm

k thanx
jill

Postby TomEC on February 28th, 2011, 12:09 pm

You're welcome. Anytime. Seems like I might be the go-to person when it comes to anything to do with audiobooks. Of course, whenever I post anything on the subject, I swear I can hear crickets chirping. Oh well, my expertise on the subject may be useful to a small number of folks. Anything I can do to make myself useful. :)
TomEC

Postby jill on March 6th, 2011, 7:47 am

TomEC wrote:You're welcome. Anytime. Seems like I might be the go-to person when it comes to anything to do with audiobooks. Of course, whenever I post anything on the subject, I swear I can hear crickets chirping. Oh well, my expertise on the subject may be useful to a small number of folks. Anything I can do to make myself useful. :)

No crickets I promise lol... :mrgreen:
jill

Postby ~Linda~ on July 25th, 2011, 11:40 am

I just came from Audible, I just bought the Reluctant Vampire... I can not believe I am behind in reading the Argeneau books ... sighs.. I kept waiting for it to come out on Rhapsody , cuz I love my Hardcovers.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby TomEC on July 26th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Gotta love Audible. They made it possible for me to have time to read again. One audio book + one iPod = the ability to get lost in a story while doing drudge work. For all it's endless crises and tragedies, life can still be good... or at least bearable until we get past it.
TomEC

Postby MysticFan on July 28th, 2011, 12:33 am

TomEC wrote:Gotta love Audible. They made it possible for me to have time to read again. One audio book + one iPod = the ability to get lost in a story while doing drudge work. For all it's endless crises and tragedies, life can still be good... or at least bearable until we get past it.

I have never tried and audio book, I would love too, but am a little bit unsure how I would like one. I'm not sure that I could listen and still go about doing whatever. I could be totally wrong, but I feel I would have to be completely still to absorb the story...lol
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on July 28th, 2011, 4:03 am

MysticFan wrote: I have never tried and audio book, I would love too, but am a little bit unsure how I would like one. I'm not sure that I could listen and still go about doing whatever. I could be totally wrong, but I feel I would have to be completely still to absorb the story...lol

Yeah it's different for everyone, I think. You definitely don't want to be listening to a book when you doing something that requires your undivided attention. I found doing jobs like sweeping, washing floors or weeding the garden or even mowing the lawn with an extra set of earmuffs over to my ear-buds works. Also it passes the time when you're doing some boring exercise routine.

If the reader is good, you don't just get the book, but you get a true performance that adds to the experience.
TomEC

Next

Return to Argeneau Audiobooks