What books do you reread over and over again?

Re: What books do you reread over and over again?

Postby susan60625 on June 30th, 2011, 9:54 am

I love reading. I re-read everything I own! Sometimes I re-read just before a release of a new book in a series, other times, its just because I love the characters too much to let them go.Right now I'm waiting for three new books to be delivered. In the meantime, I'm re-reading my Feral Warrior series by Pamela Palmer. But I keep staring at the new series of books I just finished, Rachel Vincent's shifter series, and I keep want to jump back into them. They were just too good!

I used to re-read Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books over and over again, until she did something in the series that I just HATE! I keep reading the series because she has promised that everything will work out well in the end, but I haven't re-read any of her books since. I did, however, come up with a way to fix what I hated and wrote my own story, with her characters, to fix the problem. It's pure fan fiction, but I managed to create over 20 chapters to get the story to the way I wanted it!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on June 30th, 2011, 11:44 am

susan60625 wrote:I used to re-read Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books over and over again, until she did something in the series that I just HATE! I keep reading the series because she has promised that everything will work out well in the end, but I haven't re-read any of her books since. I did, however, come up with a way to fix what I hated and wrote my own story, with her characters, to fix the problem. It's pure fan fiction, but I managed to create over 20 chapters to get the story to the way I wanted it!

Now that's devotion! Maybe if you had Kim Harrison as your prisoner, you could force her to write it properly. Hmm, now where have I heard that before?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on June 30th, 2011, 2:10 pm

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol:
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on July 1st, 2011, 6:45 am

susan60625 wrote:I used to re-read Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books over and over again, until she did something in the series that I just HATE! I keep reading the series because she has promised that everything will work out well in the end, but I haven't re-read any of her books since. I did, however, come up with a way to fix what I hated and wrote my own story, with her characters, to fix the problem. It's pure fan fiction, but I managed to create over 20 chapters to get the story to the way I wanted it!

Sue, that is a great idea...LoL! I have had a few ideas for my own fan fiction also! :lol: :oops:
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on July 1st, 2011, 3:57 pm

MysticFan wrote:

Sue, that is a great idea...LoL! I have had a few ideas for my own fan fiction also! :lol: :oops:

I used to update my story after each of her books (she upset me in the 5th book and #10 just came out in February) came out, but I've decided to see how she plans on ending the series, before I update again. She said she's going to take the series to 12 or 13 books and is tying up the loose ends. If I don't like the ending, I will update it again to reflect the rest of the storyline and keep it for my own personal ending to the series!
susan60625

Postby lindithium on July 21st, 2011, 11:36 am

Ms Susan 60625, I have to know. What happened to completely make you leave "The Hollows"? If you don't want to ruin the series for someone else will you tell me which book it was. I am currently reading Black Magic Sanction.
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Postby susan60625 on July 28th, 2011, 9:58 am

lindithium wrote:Ms Susan 60625, I have to know. What happened to completely make you leave "The Hollows"? If you don't want to ruin the series for someone else will you tell me which book it was. I am currently reading Black Magic Sanction.

Linda, I haven't left the Hollows. I've just lost some of my enthusiasm. I still read the books as soon as they come out. To avoid spoilers, I was dismayed by what happened at the end of For a Few Demons More and was finally resolved in White Witch, Black Curse. I'm still of the impression that Kim is not telling all of us the truth and that that situation will be re-visited with a happier ending. Does that make it clearer for you?
susan60625

Postby lindithium on July 28th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Kisten? If so I hated that too.
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Postby susan60625 on July 28th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Yes, Kisten! I have written my own fan-fiction where he returns. I know just how to do it. Kim needs find a REALLY good HEA for Rachel or I'm going to believe my ending, not hers!
susan60625

Postby lindithium on July 28th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Yes she does! Rachel deserves it after all the crap she's been through. Have you read Pale Demon yet?
lindithium

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion