Audiobook Readers.

Re: Audiobook Readers.

Postby MysticFan on July 29th, 2011, 3:28 pm

TomEC wrote:
MysticFan wrote: I have never tried and audio book, I would love too, but am a little bit unsure how I would like one. I'm not sure that I could listen and still go about doing whatever. I could be totally wrong, but I feel I would have to be completely still to absorb the story...lol

Yeah it's different for everyone, I think. You definitely don't want to be listening to a book when you doing something that requires your undivided attention. I found doing jobs like sweeping, washing floors or weeding the garden or even mowing the lawn with an extra set of earmuffs over to my ear-buds works. Also it passes the time when you're doing some boring exercise routine.

If the reader is good, you don't just get the book, but you get a true performance that adds to the experience.

I could definitely see myself listening to one while doing boring house work, or trying to do a few miles on the treadmill. I think I may like the audio books after all. :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Denise on September 6th, 2011, 10:55 pm

I listen to the audio books while driving (just got back from KC area) or doing chores (laundry, dishes, etc.). I haven't been able to listen to any of Lynsay's books because they don't have them at the library.
Denise

Postby Denise on October 29th, 2013, 12:55 am

I do believe the above post is just a spammer since it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the subject.

Anywho... since my post above I am pleased to say that my library now has almost all of the either in downloadable audio or audio CD so I've listened to most of them. I'd still rather read them myself, but it is nice to be able to listen when I don't have time to sit down and read.
Denise

Previous

Return to Argeneau Audiobooks