Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby Denise on September 6th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Since the books will now be hardback first, do you have a dates for the paperback releases?
Image
User avatar
Denise
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 9:06 am
Location: Oklahoma


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby terri on September 7th, 2011, 8:38 am

The paperbacks we have been told are supposed to be released 6 months afterwards.

The hardcover and e-books are to be released January 3rd, 2012.

T
User avatar
terri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 701
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:24 pm


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby sin on September 7th, 2011, 9:55 am

Unfortunately this is going to hurt a lot of us. As I am not a fan of hard backs nor have an e-reader. Looks like I will be among the many who have to wait 6 months later to rad the story :/ It is a shame several of the bookstores are going out of business.
Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
User avatar
sin
 
Posts: 4637
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 6:55 pm
Location: Georgia


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby Kath on September 7th, 2011, 9:20 pm

ditto for me sin. Also not a fan of hard cover and don't have an e-reader. So will be joining you in the 6 month wait.
User avatar
Kath
 
Posts: 2670
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby TomEC on September 8th, 2011, 4:05 am

terri wrote:The paperbacks we have been told are supposed to be released 6 months afterwards.

The hardcover and e-books are to be released January 3rd, 2012.

T


sin wrote:Unfortunately this is going to hurt a lot of us. As I am not a fan of hard backs nor have an e-reader. Looks like I will be among the many who have to wait 6 months later to rad the story :/ It is a shame several of the bookstores are going out of business.


Well this totally sucks. I suspect it all plays into the publishers business model: 'The devoted fans will pony up for the hard cover.' There's something cynical about that approach but it seems they're in it to make the most money. Go figure. I do have an e-book reader and believe they're totally worth it. I bought my Mom one recently because she can't get around very well anymore but she does love to read. If I were wealthy, I'd be buying them for all my friends. Though I tend to get Lynsay's books in audio format through Audible.com since I have a membership there. They've been very good lately about getting Lynsay's books out on the release date. I hope it continues.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
User avatar
TomEC
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 12:34 pm
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby terri on September 19th, 2011, 3:54 pm

TomEC wrote:
terri wrote:The paperbacks we have been told are supposed to be released 6 months afterwards.

The hardcover and e-books are to be released January 3rd, 2012.

T


sin wrote:Unfortunately this is going to hurt a lot of us. As I am not a fan of hard backs nor have an e-reader. Looks like I will be among the many who have to wait 6 months later to rad the story :/ It is a shame several of the bookstores are going out of business.


Well this totally sucks. I suspect it all plays into the publishers business model: 'The devoted fans will pony up for the hard cover.' There's something cynical about that approach but it seems they're in it to make the most money. Go figure. I do have an e-book reader and believe they're totally worth it. I bought my Mom one recently because she can't get around very well anymore but she does love to read. If I were wealthy, I'd be buying them for all my friends. Though I tend to get Lynsay's books in audio format through Audible.com since I have a membership there. They've been very good lately about getting Lynsay's books out on the release date. I hope it continues.
User avatar
terri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 701
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:24 pm


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby terri on September 19th, 2011, 4:35 pm

I have more news on this front. I just need to confirm a couple of things so I'll post as soon as I know.

Terri
User avatar
terri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 701
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:24 pm


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby terri on September 26th, 2011, 7:54 am

Ok... so this is the new schedule for books. Under a Vampire Moon is no longer going to be released in hard cover. The release dates have changed for the next three books after The Bite Before Christmas.

The Husband Hunt - Avon paperback - February 28, 2012
Under A Vampire Moon - Avon paperback - April 24, 2012
Jeanne Louise's story - Avon paperback - July 24, 2012

Terri
User avatar
terri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 701
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:24 pm


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby susan60625 on September 26th, 2011, 10:09 am

I guess this is a little bit of good news/bad news. I'm disappointed that we have to wait even longer for Christian's story, but it's great that we won't have to pay the hard cover price! Not that I'm complaining, but why is it not being released as a hard cover?
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
User avatar
susan60625
 
Posts: 5704
Joined: April 8th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Re: Publishing schedule for the paperbacks?

Postby sin on September 26th, 2011, 1:45 pm

Thanks for the update Terri
Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
User avatar
sin
 
Posts: 4637
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 6:55 pm
Location: Georgia

Next

Return to Questions For Terri

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron