More men in kilts?

Re: More men in kilts?

Postby sin on February 1st, 2012, 12:11 pm

MsKitty wrote:lol..
I think I need to move to Canada if that's the case!! :twisted: muaa ha haaaaa!!

If you do then you would be closer to us sisters..:) bauhahahahahah

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 1st, 2012, 3:32 pm

Have any of you seen that Picture on FB of Queen Elizabeth with the Royal Guard? The uhhh, Gentleman next to her was deffinetely wearing his Kilt in the Traditional Fashion, with everything on Display....
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on February 2nd, 2012, 6:31 am

TomEC wrote:Up here in Canada we get exposed to a lot of things Scottish. There's a school of thought that has it that Canada was built by the Scots. Our first Prime Minister was Sir John A. Macdonald. One of our maritime provinces is Nova Scotia (New Scotland) where Gaelic is still spoken, at least it is on Cape Breton Island. Though I will say, for much of the year, it takes a tough fellow to wear a kilt in our climate!

Wow Wren, I never heard the story about how your husband came to be your 'frog prince.' I suspect most French people don't care for the nickname 'frog' but, in this context, I doubt that they would be upset. Actually, from everything you said about him, your 'frog prince' sounds like a terrific guy.

My husband's father was an American soldier who met my husband's mother when he was stationed in France for five years. They got married soon after they met, had three kids, and traveled the world together as a military family. I had the best parents-in-law in the world, but they died young 20 years ago, so they never got to see our children, their two youngest grandsons.

I actually didn't have that nickname for my dear hubby until a few years ago, when I decided I wanted to be a princess...although I knew that I was born one! :D That's been within this last five years, since I started reading Lynsay's books and joined on the old forum. Before that I called him my amphibian! :lol: About the time I joined the forum, I finally persuaded dear hubby to take my family to DisneyWorld. That's when he became my frog prince!

I had never heard the derogatory term of "frog" for the French, until dear hubby told me soon after we were married. When I started reading romance again, I discovered I really like many of the books set in the regency era, when England as battling Napoleon, and I heard them called frogs in some of the books. My dear frog prince is a terrific guy...definitely a top 'o the heap slug! 8-) Oh, his family had two St. Bernard dogs...named Napoleon and Josephine! <grin>
wren

Postby MsKitty on February 17th, 2012, 3:37 am

sin wrote:
I think I need to move to Canada if that's the case!! :twisted: muaa ha haaaaa!!

That could be dangerous.. but I walk on the wild side :twisted: LOL!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby wren on February 17th, 2012, 7:58 am

MsKitty wrote:
sin wrote:

That could be dangerous.. but I walk on the wild side :twisted: LOL!!

And being with us in person, dear MsKitty...would make it even wilder! Image :lol:

Oh Yeah!!!! Image
wren

Postby TomEC on February 18th, 2012, 9:59 am

Want to talk about wild? A true Scotsman doesn't ware boxers under those things.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on February 18th, 2012, 10:03 am

We know

sin

Postby TomEC on February 18th, 2012, 10:11 am

sin wrote:We know

I never doubted it. ;)
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on February 19th, 2012, 3:17 pm

TomEC wrote:
sin wrote:We know

I never doubted it. ;)

That's just one of the reasons we love "men in kilts" ;) :lol: 8-)
wren

Postby sin on February 19th, 2012, 3:30 pm

cough, cough, suptter.. thanks sis now I have to clean off my monitor...:-p

sin

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs