Marcus Notte

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Marcus Notte

Postby wren on June 14th, 2008, 1:40 pm

We all are a bit fascinated with Marcus Notte. As someone noted on the old forum, I think it may have been Copper, Lynsay always puts hints in each story that sets up future books. Well, even though we know what happens after A Bite To Remember I realized while scanning through it again that I had missed a tidbit the first five or so readings of my fave Argeneau book.

On p.228, when Marcus first appears in the story "His gaze moved with disinterest over Vincent, but flickered briefly with what might have been recognition on Marguerite before finally settling on Christian." We had our first clue right there! :?

Another thing...in that same paragraph, it describes Marcus as fair haired and dressed all in black. Now, being a Notte, I had automatically pictured him with the dark hair and dark eyes. Doesn't Notte mean "night" in Italian?

Just where does our beloved Marcus fit in the Argeneau/Notte storyline...other than in Vampire, Interrupted :?:

C'mon, sweet Lynsay, give us a few hints to chase. Enquiring readers need to know...Please! Image
Last edited by wren on May 12th, 2011, 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wren

Re: Marcus

Postby Copper on June 14th, 2008, 5:37 pm

i really wana know about him hope hes got his own story really soon
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby sin on June 14th, 2008, 5:53 pm

Marcus may have had dealings with either JC or Victor. Maybe not on the good side if you know what I mean. Also his fair hair may have come from his mother. But I am leaning towards some bad blood between him and the Argeneau brothers. Even to the point of Marcus being one of the older immortals who looked down their nose at the ones who can not use bagged blood. And yes I know in Europe they can and do hunt.

Please Mr. and or Mrs. Spice, just a little crumb? Please with chocolate and or the cheesecake of you choice.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby jill on June 14th, 2008, 8:11 pm

Oh I hope not. I really like Marcus but if he is snob then he will not be on my favorites list anymore. I do recall that he was a bit wild with Julius and I enjoyed his dry sense humor when he exhibited it. So I am really looking forward to hearing more about him.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby wren on June 15th, 2008, 12:40 am

Well, Marcus would have had good reason to be angry with JC, even before the truth came out in VI. After all, he knew that JC came back and took Marguerite away from Julius, and probably suspected that something wasn't quite right. I could see him and the other Nottes getting angry with any of JC's family, especially Lucian and Victor and possibly even Armand as they are the oldest that we know of, after what had happened with Marguerite and Christian. They didn't know what had happened to Marguerite through Vita's manipulations, but did know that it was only the maid that had saved baby Christian.

Also, those with a dry wit can often come across as "sarcastic." Sometimes they even enjoy being that way, so Marcus may have struck out at the Argeneaus with a few well-placed comments over the centuries. That doesn't mean he isn't going to be as lovable as we all want him to be. It actually may mean he is more vunerable than we have seen so far. We know he felt a little lost without Julius to run wild with during the time Julius and Marguerite were together the first time.

Notte must come from the dark eyes of our Italian family. So, the striking feature of the Nottes is their black eyes with silver streaks, just as the Argeneaus have blue eyes with silver streaks. On page 228 of ABTR, when Christian first shows up, he is described as having "long auburn hair pulled back in a ponytail." Btw, that sounds yummy! :) So, not all of the Nottes have dark hair...I must have taken that from Dante & Tommaso, who do have long black hair.

I so love Vincent's book...but I think I may have mentioned that a few times! :D
wren

Postby shaashaine on June 17th, 2008, 12:09 pm

Sometimes they even enjoy being that way, so Marcus may have struck out at the Argeneaus with a few well-placed comments over the centuries. That doesn't mean he isn't going to be as lovable as we all want him to be.

I so love Vincent's book...but I think I may have mentioned that a few times!

I think you mentioned VIncent once or twice wren but its ok coz he :sigh: dreamy :lol:

And about Marcus being sarcastic, maybe he uses it as a shield kind of like Thomas with his surfer dude thing and Lucian & Lucern with their grumpiness when we all know they're marshmallows
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby Stauri on June 17th, 2008, 12:37 pm

I agree with you Shaa, just a facade, and thanks for the mental - mmmm Marcus Marshmallow! :mrgreen:

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby wren on June 17th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Just what I meant, Shaa & Stauri. I think it also explains what sin was saying...Marcus can have issues with the Argeneaus and still be a great guy.

Oh, Shaa...we so love our Vincent and our Thomas! Yummy & Dreamy! {sigh}

If you want we can have a big bonfire and ummm...toast any grumpy marshmallows we find! {giggle]

Hey, has anyone ever been in a "marshmallow war?" You divide into teams and throw the marshmallows at each other! The big ones...no impact with those little hot chocolate mini-marshmallows! Loads of fun...especially at a Halloween party! :lol:
wren

Postby sin on June 17th, 2008, 6:47 pm

No sis I have never. So are you inviting???

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on June 17th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Yep! I'll start planning Halloween...now! LOL Image

Everyone needs a pumpkin to carve, a costume if you wish to dress up, and a couple of bags of large marshmallows for throwing at the "enemies!" Or should we call them "rogues?" heehee
wren

Next

Return to Discuss The Characters