Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby hdavidson93 on January 17th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Hiya I'm Hannah I am 17 going on 18 this May. I started reading Lynsay Sands Vampire Romances through a friend who let me borrow The Accidental Vampire when I was 15, and I haven't stopped reading since. I am curently reading Hungry For You which was a christmas gift which I unfortunately have had no time to read.On the up side i have some free time soon and will hopefully finish it in time for when my copy of The Countess is shipped to me :mrgreen: I have read most of the Argeneau and Rogue Hunter books, I plan to finish the ones that are out and then begin on the Historicals. I am patiently waiting for more Vamp Romances from Lynsay and I know i will enjoy reading them. ;)
hdavidson93

Postby TomEC on January 19th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Welcome Hannah! :D

You've come to a very friendly and fun place. Don't be afraid to post as often as you like. Once you've posted twenty or thirty times, you'll be turned which means you handle will turn blue and you won't have to wait for your posts to be approved. Another good place to start is to post in the The Original Getting To Know You Questions and the Quirky questions threads. Answering those questions will give us all a chance to get to know you better.

The Accidental Vampire was a good book to start with. It's my personal favorite.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Lynsay on January 26th, 2011, 11:08 am

I had a blast with the Accidental Vamp, and that was written in and took place in the first home I bought when I returned to Canada, so when you're sitting out on the porch with Elvi and Victor or at the table with Elvi and all the boys, or reading about the bird bath slamming down on Victor's groin...well, you're at my place...or what was my place, lol. That was a lovely house. I just had to immortalize it in the book. <grin>

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby katrin on January 27th, 2011, 5:29 pm

since the time a was a teenager a read historial romance. a few years ago i was kind of done with them. i falled like i have read pretty much every twist there is and i was looking for something else. so i got started on twilight, because the guys on my favorite podcast wouldn't shut up about it. shortly after i was on the lookout again and voila there it was me answer: vampires are forever. i was hooked and started to read the rest. :)
now the funny thing is. my mum and i read a lot and somehow i started picking out here books for her. mostly because i read them in english and she can't so we have to wait for the german translation for her to be able to read them. when the argeneau series started being published in german i started getting the books for her for mothers day, her birthday and such. let me just say she loves them a much as i do, finally got started on thomas and she loves him. so we have come full circle so to speak. :D
don't forget to be awesome.
katrin

Postby TomEC on February 21st, 2011, 3:51 pm

Hi, Katrin. Welcome! :D Nice to hear from you. I'm one of the few males here.You can get plenty of girl talk on this forum. I think it's cool that you listen to podcasts. I listen to a lot of them. There's something for everyone out there. If you get a minute try answering the original getting to know you questions in the thread by the same name. There is also a thread called Quirky Questions that are fun to go through. So have a good time. Hope to hear from you again soon. ;)
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby rachelabshr on May 26th, 2011, 9:19 am

My Name is Rachel and I am not crafty enough to have a cool name here so I used the one
I was given. I am from Dallas TX But no longer in Texas as of a few month back, I guess
You could say I stumbled into Lynsay Sands books. I had another author that I loved dearly.
I felt that if I were to read anything else it was a form of cheating silly I know…But kind of
Like the Argeneau’s and their life mates, no other book could get my attention like this
Other author. One night in December 2010, I was shopping and saw a book on a little side
Check out type thing…The title was all I want for Christmas is a Vampire. It was written
By K. Sparks. I thought the title was funny so I picked it out of shear need for anything to
Read along the lines of my fav author who did not have another book out until May 2011!

Therefore, I got the book and read it I liked it so got all the books based on that series. I liked
The author and so when I found her on face book she had other suggestions on different
Books. Lynsay was at the top however, I didn’t run out and get them still feeling now that
I couldn’t cheat on my TWO favorite authors. Lol but as fate would have it…K. Sparks
Books came out the same time as my number one Authors books did and I was left bookless!

Sad right? Ok so now I am at my local library looking for a book to read not wanting to
Cheat on my authors and buy some strangers books!! Ugh, I was looking for books near
To my other authors when I spot the one and only book there by Lynsay and I think what
The heck I didn’t buy it it’s not cheating right? So I checked it out. It was the Vampire
Interrupted book. I had no Idea where I started and thought well the book won’t be any good
So I won’t have to go back and read the other ones. That was last month…after
That book was done…I ran out to the store and to some used bookstores to get the whole
Collection! I am now within that time frame on Vampires are forever! Yes, they have become
My crack and I am hooked reading them so fast I am going to run out soon.

Since then though I have found that Lynsay’s books are something that suite me best and
She has become my favorite author replacing even my top author I thought nobody
Could do that! So that’s how I ended up here. I am a cosmetologist by trade
Also, do some acting here and there. I am sarcastic by nature not meaning to hurt feelings
Nevertheless, sometimes do it with my sarcasm. I am always cracking jokes and playing pranks.
Love my nieces and nephews and my siblings are ok.
No kids of my own and I don’t know that I will change my mind about that.
The avatar I have up is me and that’s bout it ask questions or just chat if ya want
I like to make friends.
If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.
rachelabshr

Postby Denise on May 31st, 2011, 5:31 pm

Glad to see someone else joining the ranks of "Addicted to Lynsay". I too love K.Sparks books, as do several others on the forum.
Denise

Postby aqua2003 on June 15th, 2011, 9:50 pm

My name is Sylvia and my screen name is aqua2003. I am from New York City and right know I am in the process of applying to med school. I was looking for a book on the internet when I came across "A Quick Bite" during my sophomore year in pre-med.I read the synopsis on the back of the book found it very interested and decided to get it. From then on I became a fan of Lynsay Sands books.
aqua2003

Postby susan60625 on June 16th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Sylvia, Welcome!!!! You have found the best place to address your Lynsay addiction! We are all addicted to her books! I would suggest that you go to the Getting to Know You section and answering the questions in the Getting to Know You and Quirky Questions threads. It's not a requirement, but it helps everyone get to know you better.

If you'll notice your name shows up in Lime Green. This is standard for all new members. All it means is that before your posts appear on the forum, they have to be approved by the powers that be. This is not meant to be a sensor, but a protection to keep spammers and hackers from gaining unlimited access to the site. Once you've posted approximately 20 times, you will be "turned" and you name will be turned to Dark Blue and you'll become "immortal" and your posts will appear immediately. BTW the powers that be are Lynsay, herself, and/or her sister/assistant, Terri.

Yes, Lynsay does drop in frequently and answers posts. She will even sometimes participate in the games and, if we are really lucky, she will drop a hint as to what to expect in coming books!

I hope you will enjoy our little family and participate here often. If you have a question, feel free to ask and someone will answer as quickly as possible. Enjoy!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby dawnfire on June 29th, 2011, 6:02 am

G'day from down under! I'm Julie otherwhise known as Dawnfire. I'm from just north of Melbourne. I'm a Mother of 3 boys ages 15,12 and 8 months.
I stumbled onto Lynsay after on another board we were discussing vampires and someone mentioned the series. that got me searching and I found Lynsay's website. I spent the next few hours reading the excerpts with tears of laughter rolling down my eyes (particularly the prologue to "single white vampire"). I next went hunting down the books. I got my first book "a quik bite" and I was hooked.
dawnfire

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions