What books do you reread over and over again?

Re: What books do you reread over and over again?

Postby Denise on August 1st, 2011, 1:14 pm

[OT] I've enjoyed Christine's Carpathians, but I like the Leopard Series even more! And a couple of the Carpathians cross over into the Leopard world. I LOVED the Drake Sisters book but was somewhat disappointed with the last one. I guess that's a pretty common response when one has looked forward to the final book SOOOOOO much. But my main problem was the depth of depravity CF exposed us to, just to get the point accross as to how nasty the bad guy really was. I think I could have skipped the first 100 pages, or so, and have gotten more enjoyment out of it.

I have REALLY enjoyed the Ghost Walkers, too! Seems like there was one of the books that I had trouble getting into, but I can't remember which one, somewhere around book 5 or 6, I think.

[Back ON Topic] Having just completed the Ranger's Apprentice series, I can say with confidence that this is a series I'll read over and over again. I devoured these books as fast as I could get them from the Library. Those will be the first books I buy when/if I get an E-reader! My son wants to read them, too, and share the E-reader with me, lOL. Not sure that will work too well since he and I are both avid readers. I can see the problems that will arise if we try to share. May get him his own for Christmas.
Denise

Postby wren on August 2nd, 2011, 9:13 am

Denise wrote:[Back ON Topic] Having just completed the Ranger's Apprentice series, I can say with confidence that this is a series I'll read over and over again. I devoured these books as fast as I could get them from the Library. Those will be the first books I buy when/if I get an E-reader! My son wants to read them, too, and share the E-reader with me, lOL. Not sure that will work too well since he and I are both avid readers. I can see the problems that will arise if we try to share. May get him his own for Christmas.

Denise, my sons have the Ranger's Apprentice series, so I guess I'll have them stack them up and put them in my TBR pile! I won't even have to wait to get them from the library! 8-) :D
wren

Postby KittyGirl on April 25th, 2012, 3:54 am

Oh comfort books..I really should read some of them again. One of the few books of mine that actualy looks like its been read. Lol. See I take such good care of my books none of them look opened but some of them (most of them) have been read more than 5 times.

A Squire's Tale
The Two Princesses of Balmaire
The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey
Single White Vampire (Of course lol)
Dealings with Dragons
Princess Bride (Yes its a book, and please read it. Seriously, its sooo much better than the movie and thats saying something.)
and a couple others but I'm too tired to type anymore. Night night guys.
"DISTRACTION!!!" "Where!?"

"Oh my great cheese tree of picture frame.."

"Is there a doctor in the house!?" "I am!" "Ok." ^_^
KittyGirl

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 25th, 2012, 7:31 am

Currently rereading Linda Howards McKenzie books. On Book 2, McKenzie's Mission right now. And of course I reread Lynsay's books, although for some reason I still have not completed a second go thru of The Reluctant Vampire. I Keep starting it, then getting interrupted and moving on to some other book. I've also reread JR Wards BDB series, Maggi Shayne's Wings in the Night and Immortal High Witch series, Colleen Gleason's Gardella Books, Kerrelyn Spark's Love at Stake, and Lynn Viehl's Darkyn and Kyndred books. There are others but can't think so early in the morning.
grlnxtdr29

Postby Denise on April 29th, 2012, 1:14 pm

[OT] KittyGirl, I just got The Fairy Godmother from the library. Looking forward to it. Are the rest in the series good, too?

Wren, yes, you might as well. I finally got them all on ebook and will start re-reading, soon.

[Back on track] Of course I reread the Argeneaus regularly. Aside from those I reread David Eddings's Belgariad series every couple of years, also a few of my Mary Balogh traditional Regencies, Jo Beverley's Traditionals and Company of Rogues series, many of my seasonal anthologies, Kerrelyn's Love at Stake series.... many others but it usually just depends on what I'm in the mood for.
Denise

Postby KittyGirl on May 3rd, 2012, 12:09 am

Denise wrote:[OT] KittyGirl, I just got The Fairy Godmother from the library. Looking forward to it. Are the rest in the series good, too?

Wren, yes, you might as well. I finally got them all on ebook and will start re-reading, soon.

[Back on track] Of course I reread the Argeneaus regularly. Aside from those I reread David Eddings's Belgariad series every couple of years, also a few of my Mary Balogh traditional Regencies, Jo Beverley's Traditionals and Company of Rogues series, many of my seasonal anthologies, Kerrelyn's Love at Stake series.... many others but it usually just depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Oh alot of the other books connected to the Fairy Godmother is amazing. So are all of the other Lackey books ^_^ "Take a Theif" , "Fire Rose" (Its kinda a beauty and the beast redo but even better!) etc. ^_^ Have fun!!

KittyGirl

Postby TomEC on May 3rd, 2012, 3:47 am

I've been reading Mercedes Lackey books since way back in the 80s. A great writer whom you can always count on for good stuff. I'm currently waiting for season five of "The Secret World Chronicle" a free superhero podcast drama that she writes with three other authors.I get them through iTunes. Each season is like a free audio book and with Mercedes Lackey on board, how can you go wrong?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby KittyGirl on May 12th, 2012, 3:36 am

TomEC wrote:I've been reading Mercedes Lackey books since way back in the 80s. A great writer whom you can always count on for good stuff. I'm currently waiting for season five of "The Secret World Chronicle" a free superhero podcast drama that she writes with three other authors.I get them through iTunes. Each season is like a free audio book and with Mercedes Lackey on board, how can you go wrong?

Amen to that. I love her new takes on old ideas and her since of humour is amazing! ^_^

KittyGirl

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 20th, 2012, 9:58 pm

zzzzzcurrently rereading the Gardella Family Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Gleason. I Love the series. For People who like strong Female Leads (Tom), this is a Perfect series! Victoria is the Buffy of the Regency Era!
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on October 20th, 2012, 8:49 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:zzzzzcurrently rereading the Gardella Family Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Gleason. I Love the series. For People who like strong Female Leads (Tom), this is a Perfect series! Victoria is the Buffy of the Regency Era!

Hadn't hear of them. Since I love the Regency Era, I may give those a try, gnd! :)
wren

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion